Author Topic: For Barbar  (Read 152 times)

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
For Barbar
« on: April 19, 2017, 07:36:22 PM »
Hi Barbar,
the vinyl collection grew a bit since you last saw it.
This is probably a listing of a third of it.

https://www.discogs.com/user/diamus/collection?page=1&sort=added%2Cdesc&folder=0&limit=250&layout=big
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 07:44:19 PM by Q13.1 »

bababarararacucucudadada

Re: For Barbar
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 10:29:17 PM »
I've still got all of mine. Never bothered to count 'em but there must be about 500 albums in total none of which I ever play.

I also have dozens of cassettes I never play either.

Along with oodles of CDs...

Ever since I discovered Spotify all they do is gather dust.

I know the audio quality ain't there but most of my records are so knackered... I only keep 'em for the artwork, really. And I never look at that either!

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:46:18 PM »
If you get a bored moment or few hours, do register at Discogs, costs nothing, you dont' have to sell anything.
Its laborious but quite fun to list your vinyl and cd collection.
If you having anything obscure you may be surprised as to its value.
I don't listen to mine like you or bother looking at them, in fact I'd like the shelf space.
Sold over a hundred there, you'd be gobsmacked as to where to and for how much ;)

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »
Bought this for pennies from the back of the store, was it Rival Records on Royal Parade on the corner there opposite the key smiths shop attached to the cwop (Derry's building). Nice tunes, bright orange vinyl.

Sold it to a Canadian guy, we had a long back and forth.He was well concerned about my mental well being for wanting to sell it to him....for I think it was 45 squids. :D

Also remember rumbelows? Above where MAcDon is now. I remember distinctly the day in the second year at Sutton buying a psychedelic album by a band called Monument from 1969. Utter rubbish but sold it a couple of years back to the owner of Really Good Records above the bus station, used to be in the bus station next to that cafe the name slips me. I was happy to let him have at the discounted price of 50 squids.

You may be surprised Barbar as to what you may have. Did a quick sale for someone else, we split the proceeds he had the vinyl, I graded it photographed it endlessly and negotiated and found an italian buyer. We got 350 before costs.

Do take some time out, like me, you may be very pleasantly surprised.