Author Topic: Rag & Bone Man  (Read 212 times)

bababarararacucucudadada

Rag & Bone Man
« on: April 11, 2017, 09:19:49 PM »
There's something about the big, tattoed, bearded miserabilist blokey Adele lunk that gets right up my trunk.

Mrs BBBRRRCCCDD has bought his CD and is playing it to death. I'm nearly word perfect on every fucking soul-destroying, self-pitying, whining sodding dirge and I'll probably be the rest of the way perfect by the end of the week.

There is something about this particular perfectly arranged, decently sung, immaculately produced tripe that is empty, forced, faux soul of the sort that would make Marvin Gaye or Al Green weep with despair. He's not singing soulfully; he's an actor playing the part of a soul singer.

Today's Rag & Bone man is to soul what Meatloaf was to rock in the '70s/'80s. It's all there. It should be great. It ain't.

He's doing my conker right in.

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
Re: Rag & Bone Man
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 11:00:10 PM »
There's something about the big, tattoed, bearded miserabilist blokey Adele lunk that gets right up my trunk.

Mrs BBBRRRCCCDD has bought his CD and is playing it to death. I'm nearly word perfect on every fucking soul-destroying, self-pitying, whining sodding dirge and I'll probably be the rest of the way perfect by the end of the week.

There is something about this particular perfectly arranged, decently sung, immaculately produced tripe that is empty, forced, faux soul of the sort that would make Marvin Gaye or Al Green weep with despair. He's not singing soulfully; he's an actor playing the part of a soul singer.

Today's Rag & Bone man is to soul what Meatloaf was to rock in the '70s/'80s. It's all there. It should be great. It ain't.

He's doing my conker right in.

Got a YT link? Please.

tequila_nic

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 09:27:48 AM »

This.

faux soul for a faux generation.

Nic

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:05:04 AM »
Good voice on him...Love that song I am only human....

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 08:32:44 PM »
For Q and Mac.

! No longer available

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 09:29:31 PM »
^^^^  Nice song not applicable to me I'm afraid.

http://randombanter.net/index.php?topic=9073.0

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 09:08:17 AM »
This.

faux soul for a faux generation.

Nic

That's about right.

I don't think he is without talent, but he's just not the real deal when it comes to soul music. As you imply, he's soul for 'The Voice'/BGT/X Factor generation.

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 01:38:56 PM »
! No longer available

Love this too....