Author Topic: Drones??  (Read 160 times)

Guzman

Drones??
« on: April 10, 2017, 08:54:34 AM »
Anyone got one?

Id love to have one, but they are so expensive at the moment.  I know they will get cheaper though in the next 3-5 years, so im prepared to wait.  They look like they make lovely cinematography.  Some can go up to a mile or a mile and a half away from you before signal contact is lost.

I was saying to my mate recently that i bet if you flew one above an army base, it would be shot down immediately lol. 

tequila_nic

Re: Drones??
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »
Anyone got one?

Id love to have one, but they are so expensive at the moment.  I know they will get cheaper though in the next 3-5 years, so im prepared to wait.  They look like they make lovely cinematography.  Some can go up to a mile or a mile and a half away from you before signal contact is lost.

I was saying to my mate recently that i bet if you flew one above an army base, it would be shot down immediately lol. 

I don't but I know a man who does :)

If he's anything to go bu get one second hand as it seems he's always upgrading his and sells the older ones off quite cheaply it seems

They do look like good fun but then I'm used to being buzzed by a small one every now and then at the office every once in a while

Nic

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 03:27:54 PM »
I believe there is some serious legislation which covers their use.

Je

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 04:11:00 PM »

A police investigation is ongoing after a drone crashed into a British Airways jet over Heathrow in what is believed to be the first case of its kind.

The pilot of the BA727 flight from Geneva, carrying 132 passengers and five crew members, reported to police that the front of the aircraft had been struck by the unmanned object shortly before it landed at lunchtime on Sunday. The aircraft landed intact and has been cleared for its next flight.

Ms Annereau pointed to the case of Robert Knowles, a man from Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria, who was convicted in 2014 for 'dangerous' use of a recreational drone after he lost control of the aircraft near a nuclear submarine facility.

Mr Knowles was fined 800 and ordered to pay costs of 3,500 at the Furness and District Magistrate court, after being prosecuted by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) for flying a drone within 50 metres of the Jubilee Bridge on the Walney Channel and flying over a nuclear installation, the BAE System submarine-testing facility.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/04/18/drone-laws-in-the-uk--what-are-the-rules/

They're a nuisance to wildlife.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/flying-drones-at-our-places

tequila_nic

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 04:28:28 PM »
! No longer available

Nic