Author Topic: New Top Gear  (Read 2381 times)

oake

• 6f616b65
New Top Gear
« on: May 29, 2016, 10:13:26 PM »
Anybody watch it?

Any comments?

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
Re: New Top Gear
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 10:15:23 PM »
same old show, chance for new format missed

V8

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 12:30:37 PM »
I half watched it. Got a bored of Chris Evan's fawning over Matt Le Blanc, as if he's in awe of him just because he's a septic. Maybe it'll get better as they relax into the job and start taking the piss a bit more. I haven't decided if I'l lkeep watching or not. Perhaps if there's nothing else on and it's on iPlayer I may take a look.

Alizarin

• Building a country that works or everyon
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 09:37:32 PM »
yeah, it's shit.  Chris Evans is shit and has never been amusing.  He thinks he's funny and wants an adoring audience to laugh at his wit, but he's not remotely amusing.  Love them or loath them, Clarkson, May and Hammond had a natural (maybe scripted but if so, very well) blokey rapport with each other where they'd rip the piss out of each other like middle aged blokes do.  Chris Evans comes over as the sort of bloke who just wants to be admired like he's a great pop star.

Evans tried to impersonate Clarkson but that just made it more desperate.  People are saying that La Blanc was ok, but he wasn't really.  He just wasn't as bad as Evans.  Evans and La Blanc don't gel at all and look like two big stars who'd rather the other not be there and that whole Yanks v Brits thing became increasingly tiresome as it was flogged to death.

It was like Clarkson's show but minus the humour. 

Charlene Spiteri from dull 80/90s band Texas is on next week. No surprise there.  Wasn't she a guest on his recent TFI revisit?  When are Ocean Colour Scene and Sleeper turning up?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:41:49 PM by Alizarin »

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 12:30:19 AM »
yeah, it's shit.  Chris Evans is shit and has never been amusing.  He thinks he's funny and wants an adoring audience to laugh at his wit, but he's not remotely amusing.  Love them or loath them, Clarkson, May and Hammond had a natural (maybe scripted but if so, very well) blokey rapport with each other where they'd rip the piss out of each other like middle aged blokes do.  Chris Evans comes over as the sort of bloke who just wants to be admired like he's a great pop star.

Evans tried to impersonate Clarkson but that just made it more desperate.  People are saying that La Blanc was ok, but he wasn't really.  He just wasn't as bad as Evans.  Evans and La Blanc don't gel at all and look like two big stars who'd rather the other not be there and that whole Yanks v Brits thing became increasingly tiresome as it was flogged to death.

Charlene Spiteri from dull 80/90s band Texas is on next week. No surprise there.  Wasn't she a guest on his recent TFI revisit?  When are Ocean Colour Scene and Sleeper turning up?

I never understood how Evans got where he did.
Painfully unfunny. The only thing that was funny about him was that he practically stole Timmy Malletts career.

V8

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 12:09:09 PM »

Minus the humour, but with lots of added shouting to make it all seem a bit exciting.

I half watched ther second one and I think I'm probably done with it now, it's shit, too loud and screechy, Evans is a twat, LeBlanc just seems clueless and despite all the criticism of Clarkson and co that Top Gear was no longer about the cars, this current incarnation seems to be even less about motoring than they managed. Clarkson & Co used to joke about putting consumer advice and motoring news into the show, now the show's just turned into one big, unfunny joke.

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 07:53:21 PM »
Piece of crap, just because as bbc taxpayers we gave the ginger twat a fortune he spent on a collection of ferraris the bbc thought this made the shouty fool qualified.
Matt le blanc, better off in an anti dandruff shampoo ad than top gear. He knows it too.

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 08:50:30 AM »
Caught about 15mins the other night. Didn't see Evans. Le Blanc was awful. Wooden, awkward, unfunny, square peg in round hole, and I don't know who that black guy is but his attempt to sound "street" was toe curling. It sounded like someone's dad trying to impress his teenage son's friends.

Won't be watching again.

Was never a huge fan of the show tbh, but I already miss the old crew. Love em or hate em they were good at what they did.

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 03:56:44 PM »
Chris Evans has stepped down from the show.

Mirror

Probably for the best, but will the Beeb invest in another series?

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 03:58:34 PM »
Chris Evans has stepped down from the show.

Mirror

Probably for the best, but will the Beeb invest in another series?

Excellent News!!!  :clap:

The cinematography in the show is par excellence, it would succeed even if they produced a magazine show with no commentary just beautiful cars being driven through breathtaking landscapes aka the no commentaries on Euronews or the coverage of cycling tours on ITV 4
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:01:50 PM by Q13.1 »