Author Topic: Adele  (Read 1807 times)

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
Re: Adele
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 10:25:51 AM »
I suppose it's always been a big thing in music, but when the output is so dull!

To some extent yes, but I would be very surprised if there was as many artists in the 1970's who had their material written by a panel of middle aged men for them as there are now.

Back to Adele, she clearly can hold her own with writing and performing, although I personally find most of her songs toe curling. Just not my thing. I caught about 10 seconds of her speech and almost threw up. There was something tragic about delivering a cliché ridden tearful speech against the backdrop of corporate sponsorship of a credit card company. Don't know why exactly, but I guess it just underlines the reality that it's actually nothing to with art, and all to do with shifting units and making vast amounts of cash for a small number of people. The fact that I think that nearly all the music celebrated at these events is complete shit, probably makes me the wrong person to ask in the first place  ;)

As for Coldplay....  :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:......  :weed:

V8

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 02:03:04 PM »
To some extent yes, but I would be very surprised if there was as many artists in the 1970's who had their material written by a panel of middle aged men for them as there are now.

You don't have to go back that far to see teams of writers being the norm and artists not writing any of their songs. It was the Beatles just a decade or so earlier that changed it all. Just look at Motown for example, they had teams of writers that produced songs for themselves and other artists on the label, while some artists (e.g. Marvin Gaye) barely wrote any of their own songs. And they weren't unique in this. Tin Pan Alley in London existed for the sole purpose of providing songs to artists, and this has continued all through the decades, with teams like Stock Aitken & Waterman during the 80s doing a very similar thing for the "artists" on it's roster, to songwriting teams now who are essentially guns for hire for the top "stars" of today. And if you look at bands of the 70s, some of them didn't even play on their records, never mind write them. The music business has always been smoke and mirrors, with a fog of PR over everything.

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 11:42:47 PM »
Elvis. Hardly wrote anything that he sang.

Back to Adele. I think she's a phenomenon the likes of which we haven't seen since Oasis.

I was out one night to watch the David Haye/Klitchko fight in a city centre pub. Lots of screens. Big pub. Very busy. Very blokey. Quite a few WAGS there with their fella sitting very bored. Very bored indeed.

When the fight was over a DJ came on. First record: Rolling In The Deep. Instantly the pub changed from a blokes sports' bar into a hen party night out. Women dancing and singing along all over the place. Think the bit in Cabaret when the Hitler Youth sings Tomorrow Belongs To Me.

It was incredible.

No matter what you think of Adele lot s and lots of people, especially women, absolutely adore her and I know someone who saw her, against his will (so he says), at Gbury last year and he said it was an amazing show.

I think she has something about her but I'd never knowingly put 10p in a juke box to hear one of her songs.

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 07:35:04 AM »
Elvis. Hardly wrote anything that he sang.

Back to Adele. I think she's a phenomenon the likes of which we haven't seen since Oasis.

I was out one night to watch the David Haye/Klitchko fight in a city centre pub. Lots of screens. Big pub. Very busy. Very blokey. Quite a few WAGS there with their fella sitting very bored. Very bored indeed.

When the fight was over a DJ came on. First record: Rolling In The Deep. Instantly the pub changed from a blokes sports' bar into a hen party night out. Women dancing and singing along all over the place. Think the bit in Cabaret when the Hitler Youth sings Tomorrow Belongs To Me.

It was incredible.

No matter what you think of Adele lot s and lots of people, especially women, absolutely adore her and I know someone who saw her, against his will (so he says), at Gbury last year and he said it was an amazing show.

I think she has something about her but I'd never knowingly put 10p in a juke box to hear one of her songs.

Oasis were mostly shit too. Overated lager lout rock.

Adele is loved by women because she is fat and 'normal'

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 12:25:05 PM »
I'm in!