Author Topic: My ride  (Read 2008 times)

Q13

Re: My ride
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 11:55:45 PM »
When I but a young boy, exploited via the evil bitch's YTS scheme and (sort of) in the motor trade (and hating it, incidentally) back in the day, I saw the first roll out of the Montegos with the all-digital dash with the Vanden Plaz model.  All waxed up and looking exactly like a Meastro but a bit longer.

YTS? Knew a kid who did that with accontancy, mummy ad daddy were considered rich back then good kid enthusiastic,probs a I do'nt know.
Was into Alfa's. I never saw a monty with a digital display. Montys had a fundamental design fault, it tormented me, the main oil feed through the block from the sump to the head was too close to te edge of the block and prone to leaking.

So dipstick the oil, it was a white sludge, because of coolant cotamination.

It was crap engineering, that was BL 1980's nowwe have the volkswagen group. Go out and kick the shit out of any diesel product owner, wait for their petrol engined models ;) and say to them, you fucker my kids asthma possibly becase you were such a twat and bought into this label.

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 12:22:58 PM »
It was crap engineering, that was BL 1980's nowwe have the volkswagen group. Go out and kick the shit out of any diesel product owner, wait for their petrol engined models ;) and say to them, you fucker my kids asthma possibly becase you were such a twat and bought into this label.
It's virtually all the modern diesels (up to 2 litre at least) that have been chucking out way more NOx than figures say, latest Fords with euro6 spec engines spew out more NOx than euro6 VW engines & those engines present in Fords are same as in Peugeot/Citroen diesel cars .....

MattW

• Debt free
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2015, 04:05:24 PM »
Has Q13 left this forum? Shows how frequently I come here doesn't it?!  :-[

The MG Montego Turbo was a lovely looker back in the day. My folks had a secondhand MG Maestro 1600. Oh how I wished they would buy a Turbo version - brand new at the time

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 05:52:35 PM »
Has Q13 left this forum? Shows how frequently I come here doesn't it?!  :-[

The MG Montego Turbo was a lovely looker back in the day. My folks had a secondhand MG Maestro 1600. Oh how I wished they would buy a Turbo version - brand new at the time
nah just morphed into Q13.1 on a another profile

MattW

• Debt free
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 09:03:42 PM »
nah just morphed into Q13.1 on a another profile

Ah-haaa!  :D