Author Topic: Road markings  (Read 626 times)

Q13

Road markings
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:55:02 AM »
In the UK a backward thinking country as I have referred to it before this evening, don't youthink there is too much road furniture?
Signs road markings etc. Jobsworths just have to make their pennies. I think there should be fewer white lines down the middle of roads, I am only talking to myself about this because I have a road I have to cross and there have been no white dashed lnes to tell pleb drivers where the middle of the road is and it is fact motorists drive slower so less accidents :) Brilliant.

But now the jobsworths have painted white lines and pleb drivers will cause more accidents.

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
Re: Road markings
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »
in my experience lack of white lines up the middle of roads makes 10%+ drivers drive up middle of that road!

captainfly

• is fantastic!!!
  • HEY HO, LET'S GO!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 05:36:00 AM »
The UK is a moderate and forward thinking country when it comes to road layout and signage.  Dashed white lines are a nice guide eapecialy at night to temind deivers to consider on coming traffic in Dubai they need a centeral raised median even on surface streets to stop people just driving where they want, when the population is indian pakistani arabic and filipino there is certsin amout of driving culture that remains embeded in them, and the police like everywhere are facists.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:36:37 PM by captainfly »

Q13

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 08:58:16 PM »
THe UK has been so heavily criticised for excessive distracting road furniture, sleeping policeman rumble strips etc.
I was refrerring to my local road in town lit at night and I have seen it for myself the traffic slows down without the white lines.
Of course white lines along with healthy cats eyes are desirable on unlit roads and also multiple carriageways where high speeds are permitted,
but in towns on lit roads I should look into the research.