Author Topic: Women are better drivers than men - apparently  (Read 1293 times)

oake

• 6f616b65
Women are better drivers than men - apparently
« on: May 15, 2015, 10:38:00 AM »
It appears that only one thing has prevented women being declared better drivers than men their modesty.

A study has found that women really are more proficient behind the wheel they just lack the confidence to say it.

When put through their paces, women motorists comfortably beat men in a series of driving tests.

Read all about it

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
Re: Women are better drivers than men - apparently
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 12:04:27 PM »
 :finger:

But very hesitant...

Q13

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 07:04:50 PM »
Bollacks. They have no spatial awareness. They don't know where they have driven from or where to, they can't parallel park. Puttting it simply their brains are incapable of producing a 2-d minds eye map of where they have come from and where they are going to, let alone a 3-D minds eye map of their situational awareness.

Men on the other hand are brilliant at such matters, they know exactly where they have come from and where they are going to and can mentally visualise it.

So women drive haphazardly, between doing their make up, their brains are not really engaged in the driving experience. Men on the other hand with their gender specific greater awareness of mental capaciy for understanding such matters such as spatial awareness take far greater risks, than women whilst driving.

The proposition that women are better drivers than men is only garnered from insurance claim statistics.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:13:36 PM by Q13 »

captainfly

• is fantastic!!!
  • HEY HO, LET'S GO!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 06:54:47 PM »
Women taught by a good instructor can be brilliant drivers but a badly taught woman driver just keeps all the badness grom being taught to pass their test, men do take more risks but that lets us learn.

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
From what I've seen over the years - my personal experience - is that women are generaly no worse or better than men, from a technical perspective.

The main difference IMO is between how men and women 'choose' to drive. Men are more liely to drive agressively and very fast and women are more likely to drive selfishly; pulling over and stopping in dangerous or inconvenient places to answer a text message is one thing I've observed. I've actually known women to just suddenly stop in the middle of the road and start gassing on the phone; answering the phone before putting on their indicator or hazards.

I've been cut up by men, and some have even attempted to intimidate me (failed) but the stopping to answer a call or text and bocking thr road with no warning, and no attempt to pull over somewhere safe seems to be exclusively the preserve of women.

Natural Mystic

• hello
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 03:38:18 PM »
no apparently about it

Natural Mystic

• hello
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 03:38:32 PM »

Natural Mystic

• hello
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 03:39:28 PM »
From what I've seen over the years - my personal experience - is that women are generaly no worse or better than men, from a technical perspective.
my experience to

I have come across some atrocious male drivers

Q13

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 10:53:47 PM »
my experience to

I have come across some atrocious male drivers

These days you have to consider every other vehicle on the road is being driven by a pleb.
Thats why I liked my last car I drove, I could accelerate away from them all, because they scared me.
Flight rather than fright.
I recognised I once drove like a cluless idiot, thankfully not for a long distance, after receiving some terrible news.
That person in front of you, who you think may not be showing appropriate attention to what the hell they are doing on the road,
just think what the hell is going on with them that they are do clueless and jstgive them soe space or get away from them.

...............a thread on intuition I think comes begging now.