Author Topic: Bentleys are the least reliable cars, says survey  (Read 2643 times)

oake

• 6f616b65
Bentleys are the least reliable cars, says survey
« on: April 21, 2015, 09:21:09 PM »
They may be dream cars for many motorists, but Bentleys and Porsches could cause their drivers more headaches than any other make of car a new study has found.

The two prestigious marques carry hefty price tags, but are at the bottom of an annual index ranking cars by their reliability.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/11537964/Bentleys-are-the-least-reliable-cars-says-survey.html

Well done Telegraph. Obviously, there are so many Bentleys on the road compared with other brands that these findings really are statistically significant. ::)

wotan

Re: Bentleys are the least reliable cars, says survey
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 10:20:14 PM »
Good thing I bought a Honda and not a Bentley.

Q13

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 10:20:38 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/11537964/Bentleys-are-the-least-reliable-cars-says-survey.html

Well done Telegraph. Obviously, there are so many Bentleys on the road compared with other brands that these findings really are statistically significant. ::)

Perhaps to the demographic of torygraph readers they are significant results. Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens always notoriously unreliable, suprised to see the German cars Bentley and Porsche are unreliable. Of couse their running costs are prohibitive to all but the one percenters. Had a relative who once drove a 911 turbo, had it for a few years from new then swapped it for a regular 911, never knew why and I don't know what he is driving now.

Esoteric motoring has to be treated for what it is. Toys that are easily broken.

I'd prefer to have one of these any day.

Got the chance to be in the base ecotec turbo charged model. Unbelieveable.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 11:08:57 PM by Q13 »

Q13

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 10:23:41 PM »

For you Wotan it is your Hentley.

wotan

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 10:34:28 PM »
For you Wotan it is your Hentley.

I recently bought my third Honda Accord. The first I passed on to my son, the second to my grandson.
The worst car I've owned was a Mitsubishi.

Q13

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 10:45:25 PM »
I recently bought my third Honda Accord. The first I passed on to my son, the second to my grandson.
The worst car I've owned was a Mitsubishi.

So we will see you in future on a car series from the states on SkyTV, a back yard full of rusting Honda Accords (no they won't be rusting in California) and an out house stocked full with spares? :)
And the book: My love affair with the Honda Accord.
Christ I will try and source a Haynes manual and send it to you for Christmas.
;)
Have you ever driven something american?

wotan

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 11:55:54 PM »
So we will see you in future on a car series from the states on SkyTV, a back yard full of rusting Honda Accords (no they won't be rusting in California) and an out house stocked full with spares? :)
And the book: My love affair with the Honda Accord.
Christ I will try and source a Haynes manual and send it to you for Christmas.
;)
Have you ever driven something american?

Not so much a love affair, more of a rational decision to drive something that's reliable and less expensive to run.
No need for manuals my local Honda dealer has them, my days of DIY car repair are long past.

One of the first things I wanted when I came to the US was a big American V8, my first a Plymouth Fury, followed by a couple Oldsmobiles and Fords, all V8s. I bought a Honda Accord as a second car for my wife in the 80s, and it was so reliable I have stuck with them. I've owned a Mitsubishi, which I hated and Mazdas which are OK.

[/URL]

Q13

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 12:09:44 AM »
Not so much a love affair, more of a rational decision to drive something that's reliable and less expensive to run.
No need for manuals my local Honda dealer has them, my days of DIY car repair are long past.

One of the first things I wanted when I came to the US was a big American V8, my first a Plymouth Fury, followed by a couple Oldsmobiles and Fords, all V8s. I bought a Honda Accord as a second car for my wife in the 80s, and it was so reliable I have stuck with them. I've owned a Mitsubishi, which I hated and Mazdas which are OK.

[/URL]

Plymouth   :nooo:
I am the only plymouth fury in these parts.
Wotan, I was jesting with you. :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:15:21 AM by Q13 »

wotan

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 12:14:25 AM »
Hell of a lot better than this:

8)

Q13

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 12:20:23 AM »
Hell of a lot better than this:

8)

Is she wearing a bikini? Sorry, perhaps I should not say such a thing as this maybe a personal photo.
Just reflecting how cars were marketed back then.
What's the car?

Liz

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 12:20:43 AM »

:)

I'm not going to bother to buy one now.

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 12:25:45 AM »

A '67 Fury - have you been there that long?

When you first mentioned the model, I was hoping it might have been a '59, with the outrageous tail fins. And almost the star of the film "Christine" of course, although I think that one was a '58 Belvedere.

Q13

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 12:26:56 AM »
I like old cars, could make it a hobby, trawling through old movies editing them to post on youtube.
Un Élève assidu 1975 Lamborghini espada only

Q13

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 12:29:35 AM »
:)

I'm not going to bother to buy one now.

The Honda the porsche or the bentley?
The latter two, I suspect :)

Stick to a golf or a volvo.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:36:11 AM by Q13 »

wotan

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 12:39:42 AM »
Is she wearing a bikini? Sorry, perhaps I should not say such a thing as this maybe a personal photo.
Just reflecting how cars were marketed back then.
What's the car?

Vauxhall Viva taken in North Yorkshire circa 1965.
The beautiful young woman is my wife, herself a Yorkshire lass.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:51:41 AM by wotan »