Author Topic: Dacia  (Read 1868 times)

DJ

Dacia
« on: October 28, 2014, 10:39:46 AM »
Seems to do what is says on the tin without the Skoda stigma.

http://www.daciagroup.com/en | http://www.dacia.co.uk/

Sandero Stepaway

Logan

Sandero

Duster

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
Re: Dacia
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »
Dacia's are built cheap on old Renault/Nissan platforms - could almost be tempted by a Duster

Skoda stigma - that's a very old fashioned idea to be still holding on to!

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 03:13:07 PM »
Seems to do what is says on the tin without the Skoda stigma.

Skoda Stigmata?

You mean that Skodas make people bleed in a pattern consistent with being crucified?

Since when?

DJ

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 03:15:35 PM »
Dacia's are built cheap on old Renault/Nissan platforms - could almost be tempted by a Duster

Skoda stigma - that's a very old fashioned idea to be still holding on to!

Haha, I am a child of the 80's, old habits die hard.

I am very tempted by the Dacia Sadero Stepaway, but admit I would not go with a Skoda, but they are more expensive too, Dacia is sensibly priced, seems very good value on the looks of it.

One of my cousins worked as the campaign manager for Renault and Dacia

DJ

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 03:17:27 PM »
Skoda Stigmata?

You mean that Skodas make people bleed in a pattern consistent with being crucified?

Since when?

It tends to happen only when run over at high speed by one, hence the name.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 03:19:06 PM »
It tends to happen only when run over at high speed by one, hence the name.

Don't be ridiculous.

Skodas cannot travel at high speed. They would fall apart from the stresses generated by going over 30mph.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 03:54:23 PM »
Haha, I am a child of the 80's, old habits die hard.

I am very tempted by the Dacia Sadero Stepaway, but admit I would not go with a Skoda, but they are more expensive too, Dacia is sensibly priced, seems very good value on the looks of it.
sandero stepway is a slightly jacked up, rebodied renault clio using mechanical bits of said old model clio --  I doubt the people assembling them are paid close to as much as those in renault plants -- cheap for a reason as can be seen in 4 models with identical dashboards, no standard radio on base models etc --- as I mentioned before I'd get a duster (if they did an auto one, so long as it's a nissan 'box)

DJ

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 04:08:23 PM »
sandero stepway is a slightly jacked up, rebodied renault clio using mechanical bits of said old model clio --  I doubt the people assembling them are paid close to as much as those in renault plants -- cheap for a reason as can be seen in 4 models with identical dashboards, no standard radio on base models etc --- as I mentioned before I'd get a duster (if they did an auto one, so long as it's a nissan 'box)

Thats the beauty of it, you still get the quality build apparently from customer satisfaction, and low price.

Even a high trim Sandaro Step is under 12k for most.

I did notice the Step uses the new rear lights from the 108/Citroen c1 not the Clio. Its just the underpinnings, it looks like a real bargain no matter how much you splash out, its bigger and less cost than anything else.

And some of the models are not available in UK that I posted, check both links for UK cars. 

Edit: Just remembered, on the other side of things at that price, you can import a Japanese car very cheaply and often nearly new, because their laws devalue cars very fast, you can snap up a 2012 new shape BMW 1 series M Sport in Japan for 12K and just need to have it converted to MPH on the speedo and some other minor things to be UK road legal as well as many other Japanese brand cars for much less.

I even see a lot of 2005 BMW 1 Series from Japan for 2k to 4k with only 30k on the clock.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:15:26 PM by DJ »

MattW

• Debt free
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
The base model Sandero 1.2 Access is cheap @ 5995. I quite like the steel wheels and matt black bumpers like cars had in the 1980s. Trouble is - this model is only available in white.  :( I don't like white cars much.

You need to up the spec if you want a different colour - AND pay an extra 495.

I quite like the idea of a Sandero 0.9 TCe.  :D

Q13

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 07:40:40 PM »
The base model Sandero 1.2 Access is cheap @ 5995. I quite like the steel wheels and matt black bumpers like cars had in the 1980s. Trouble is - this model is only available in white.  :( I don't like white cars much.

You need to up the spec if you want a different colour - AND pay an extra 495.

I quite like the idea of a Sandero 0.9 TCe.  :D

Have a test drive and seriously consider the driving experience as opposed to buying a sond hand motor which has already suffered the depreciation, but may be a good motor all the same.

My late Father regretably bought a new FSO Polonez. He thought he would avoid breakdowns etc by buying new, a cheap car with go faster stripes. One of the many poor financial descisions he took in his life. Just because the car is cheap brand new, doesn't make it a worthwhile purchase. How about a nearly new Dacia? Then you may see what a poor decision it is you could be making.

captainfly

• is fantastic!!!
  • HEY HO, LET'S GO!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 01:12:49 AM »

A dacia duster from the 1980's, how is it worse than a skoda of the time? The only problem with 80's skodas was people expecting them to be Datsun Cherries for half the price.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 12:43:35 PM »

A dacia duster from the 1980's, how is it worse than a skoda of the time? The only problem with 80's skodas was people expecting them to be Datsun Cherries for half the price.
badge engineered ARO 10

captainfly

• is fantastic!!!
  • HEY HO, LET'S GO!
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 03:33:40 PM »
badge engineered ARO 10

And the Renault Duster and Logan in the UAE aren't badge engineering? The only other Dacia I can rwmber was a rebasged renault 12, If you go further back then it is the Dacia 1100S whicj was a rebadged Renauly 8 Gordini which is a contemporary   of some very fine Skodas.

My comment was more about the image of a brand, My wife has a hard time accepting that Audis use engines made in a Skoda factory and Skodas using engines made in an Audi factory but that is modern manufacturing .

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 03:56:35 PM »
yep, just way of things - ford tdci & peugeot hdi are typically same engine with a different plastic cover, up to 1.6 still are.
Volvo 1.6 Drive engine same as Citroen berlingo 1.6 hdi
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:01:09 PM by barky »

DJ

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 08:01:45 PM »
Seen a few Dacia Sandero Stepaways on the roads near me now and they actually look kinda crappy up close