Author Topic: AC/DC and shit sci-fi/action films  (Read 640 times)

Alizarin

• Building a country that works or everyon
AC/DC and shit sci-fi/action films
« on: October 11, 2013, 01:48:48 AM »
Is there an action/sci-fi film featuring AC/DC music that isn't shit?

My heart sinks when AC/DC music is in an action sequence.  I know the film will turn out to be shit. 

If it has AC/DC music in it, it's a given it's going to be knuckle dragging shit!

Battleship being a very good example.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:50:32 AM by Alizarin »

Asa

Re: AC/DC and shit sci-fi/action films
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 11:49:12 AM »
The first Iron Man film was good (imho). the second less so, both featuring AC/DC on the soundtrack.

Lost World

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »
Nothing against AC/DC but I've no interest in that type of film, so I didn't really even know that their music was used in them.

Alizarin

• Building a country that works or everyon
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 06:08:31 PM »
The first Iron Man film was good (imho). the second less so, both featuring AC/DC on the soundtrack.

Fair point, but I've lost count of the number of nondescript action films where AC/DC being on the soundtrack is an advanced warning that the film is going to be moronic and juvenile.  I have to admit, watching "Battleshipt" made that particular penny drop.  That film was so shite on every single level!  Iron Man is an exception to that rule, but even that is good rather than brilliant.

Asa

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 11:15:20 AM »
Fair point, but I've lost count of the number of nondescript action films where AC/DC being on the soundtrack is an advanced warning that the film is going to be moronic and juvenile.  I have to admit, watching "Battleshipt" made that particular penny drop.  That film was so shite on every single level!  Iron Man is an exception to that rule, but even that is good rather than brilliant.

Yes, only good, not brilliant.

I had a quick look on IMDB for AC/DC sound-tracked films and the list is pretty poor, so you do have a point. I guess they're just used as lazy shorthand for ROCK!!!! type action scenes. Poor film making and a poor control of rights to use their tunes from AC/DC.