Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 16951 times)

Sir Rocis de Liver

Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 05:45:05 PM »
Saw recently 'Never Let Me Go' by that Japanese born bloke who wrote 'The Remains of the Day'
Found 'Never etc.' very disturbing, sort of stayed with me for days.

Titus

• Champion of the Sun, a master of karate
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 10:09:26 AM »
I've read 'Never Let Me Go', but haven't seen the film yet. Excellent book

Signed up for a one month's free subscription to Netflix last night, so catching up on House Of Cards. Interesting first episode, but not entirely convinced of the character talking direct to camera . . Suppose I'll get used to it, and it does more the story along easier.

Asa

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 10:05:55 AM »
Started watching Lilyhammer this morning. It's got Steven Van Zandt from the Soprano's in it, Tony Soprano's right hand man, as a gangster on a witness protection scheme who moves to Lillehammer. Pretty good so far, though the version I've downloaded doesn't have any subs and they keep speaking in Norwegian all the time so I'm going to have to look for a copy with hard coded English subs.

Natural Mystic

• hello
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 10:19:57 AM »
I know I'm sad, but just started season one of Game of Thrones again

Sky Atlantic :)

Titus

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 10:46:02 AM »
Finished House of Cards . . just realised my one month free Netflix subscription ends two day sbefore the new season is released  :thwack:

It's a good show, but didn't quite live up to the hype for me. It kinda just fizzled out in the end and ended the season on a bit of a nothing ... I'll give the second season a go, but I really hope they cut down on the wife's storylines  :(

DJ

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 12:26:27 PM »
At the moment, watching Download: The true Story of the Internet on Quest, but I missed the second episode this Sunday and Blackadder II on DailyMotion

Will have to see if someone is hosting Download online streaming 

DJ

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 09:14:12 PM »
Watching Benefits Street on Channel 4 at the moment, is very interesting viewing, not the shocker thats been in the tabloids but some ignorance and work shyness from some on there

Titus

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 11:55:32 AM »
Orange is the New Black - Watchable, but not particularly good. More of soap opera than a proper drama. And it has the worst theme tune I've heard in a long time as well  >:(

Dexter - Final season, and it could be any of the last 6 seasons - evil bad guy, almost catches Dexter, Dexter wins, a few scraps and close calls but nothing that makes you think something new will happen. No genuine peril. I was hoping that they'd go all out on the last season and have Dexter go on the run, really lose the plot and become a proper evil bastard. But no. He's devoloping 'feelings'. Eurgh. I hope the last couple of episodes change up, but I have a sinking feeling he's just going to go off into the sunset or die quietly  :yawn:

Titus

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2014, 05:03:54 PM »
Dexter - Worst. Ending. Ever. Just terrible, wtf were they thinking? This would have been immeasurably better . . . In fact, I struggle to think of a worse final season of any show, eva!

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2014, 06:59:14 PM »
I've read 'Never Let Me Go', but haven't seen the film yet. Excellent book

Pity I didn't read the book first.
The other way round seems a bit pointless.
The film's brilliance, I think, lies in its understatement of the horrific theme.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:11:06 PM by Sir Rocis de Liver »

Chewie

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 09:37:40 PM »
"Suits"

cheesy American legal drama

only watching it because-

I'm in lust.

Asa

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 03:29:21 PM »
Dexter - Worst. Ending. Ever. Just terrible, wtf were they thinking? This would have been immeasurably better . . . In fact, I struggle to think of a worse final season of any show, eva!

Lol. I did warn you. :)

Titus

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »
Lol. I did warn you. :)

You also said "others may disagree" which lead me to believe there may be some hope for it . . I can't see how anyone could think that was anything other than unrelentlessly shite!

Titus

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »
Second season of House of Cards begins tonight - yeah, I've kept it for another month . . . What a treat my wife has instore for her this Valentines Day  ;)

DJ

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 09:46:40 PM »
Watching Dune on the Horror Channel via http://www.filmon.com/ TV app for windows 7.

Much better on PC than the small iPhone app screen