Author Topic: Bondage girl jailed for crying rape after regretting sex act with older man  (Read 4549 times)

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
There's generally not a question about whether the crime was committed and whether the victim consented.

Fairly typical of the quality of your arguments.

Thank you for articulating it simply! I tried, then just went with a statement.

Off topic, but when has there been a recent framing for murder?
I would have thought it would be difficult with today's forensics and surveillance culture.
My Greatest Fan
Your chances of ever becoming a comedian are minimal to nil; not much less than your chances of being considered a human being.
LEELAD DOT NET 4 LYFE

Je

Al-Megrahi

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
Al-Megrahi

I mean between ordinary people. Not government level conspiracy stuff.
My Greatest Fan
Your chances of ever becoming a comedian are minimal to nil; not much less than your chances of being considered a human being.
LEELAD DOT NET 4 LYFE

Lucifer

• I didn't do it
Thank you for articulating it simply! I tried, then just went with a statement.

I would have thought it would be difficult with today's forensics and surveillance culture.
Thought that you'd been pretty clear.

What was unclear was whether Christa was deliberately misunderstanding or is just that thick. On past experience, it could easily have gone either way.
I have an invisible dragon. You can't see it, hear it, smell it, taste it or touch it.

If you don't believe in it, you will be punished for all eternity.

Proof? Here, I wrote a book about it. Only £100.

Je

I mean between ordinary people. Not government level conspiracy stuff.

Of course. It happens all the time. For us to know about it it would have to be a botched one though obviously.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/22/man-allegedly-framed-for_n_219244.html

You should learn to do your own research - it's really not hard.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:40:35 PM by Je »

Sally

• da boss
  • Administrator
Three years old and not this country..........
Jason: Sally is ice cool and has the moderating reflexes of a ninja ..

Je

Three years ago isn't "recent". What count's? One perpetrated and discovered in the last 5 minutes or summit?

No point in askin' me mind. I'm not gonna look till you tell me where you all buy them lazy chairs? Y'know with the nit-picking headrests...

Sally

• da boss
  • Administrator
Just pointing out the date in case anyone went to read the full article which isn't there any more.
Do you feel that anyone who has been framed for murder and then either acquitted or finally counted out of investigations has the same sort of stigma attached to them as someone wrongly accused of rape and named publically before being found to be innocent? The old 'no smoke without fire' mantra is often used in cases for sex crimes where men (mainly the accused) are either not prosecuted or found not guilty. No amount of the authorities saying it wasn't them will persuade some to forget the accusations and not treat them as outcasts.
Jason: Sally is ice cool and has the moderating reflexes of a ninja ..

Lucifer

• I didn't do it

Actually 14 years, as he'd served 11 years in prison.

Just pointing out the date in case anyone went to read the full article which isn't there any more.
Do you feel that anyone who has been framed for murder and then either acquitted or finally counted out of investigations has the same sort of stigma attached to them as someone wrongly accused of rape and named publically before being found to be innocent? The old 'no smoke without fire' mantra is often used in cases for sex crimes where men (mainly the accused) are either not prosecuted or found not guilty. No amount of the authorities saying it wasn't them will persuade some to forget the accusations and not treat them as outcasts.

Exactly what I'm talking about and why most of us (except Christa) seem to agree that there should be anonymity until after conviction.

The guy in the article was also arrested in front of the people that he worked with. There's no way that he could go back there after something like that.

This is one of the cases that I'm always reminded of http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-450374/Two-months-girl-rape-lie-ruined-cabbies-life.html The guy when out of his way to help her and she accuses him of rape.
I have an invisible dragon. You can't see it, hear it, smell it, taste it or touch it.

If you don't believe in it, you will be punished for all eternity.

Proof? Here, I wrote a book about it. Only £100.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
Of course. It happens all the time. For us to know about it it would have to be a botched one though obviously.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/22/man-allegedly-framed-for_n_219244.html

You should learn to do your own research - it's really not hard.

I had a look, but found very little.
https://www.google.se/#hl=sv&sclient=psy-ab&q=recent+case+of+framing+for+murder&oq=recent+case+of+framing+for+murder&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=hp.3...6412.16702.0.17364.35.30.1.4.4.0.220.2196.25j3j2.35.0.a7NxHrO81UY&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=c5cadf47681f4927

Only the Lynnette White case seemed to be fairly recent, but from what I read, that was a stitch up job by the police, rather than a member of the public.

People who have more of an interest in this kind of thing would probably have known where to look.

How do you know if it happens all the time but it only comes to light if it was botched?
What a silly thing to say.
My Greatest Fan
LEELAD DOT NET 4 LYFE

Natural Mystic

• hello

makes me despise those like the girl in the O.P. more than any other criminal.
That's ridiculous
“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

Natural Mystic

• hello
Police & legal procedure has to be followed & it may be that due to the technicality that she didn't initially make a direct false accusation against the man. I don't think she'd have got the same length of sentence if she'd invented the story without an actual person being involved.

That's the criminal justice system for you, it tends not to consider the impact on the victim. This as much true for actual rape victims, and also victim of GBH etc..
I was never called the victim, merely the witness.  I agree that they really give not much thought to us, victims of all types of crime.
“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

Natural Mystic

• hello
You are right.  I personally wouldn't take the risk with someone who had "rape question mark" over his head, and very much especially one involving children.

TheSingularity

• A Misanthropical Breed
Pretty girl.

Pretty evil too.

Is the 'boyfriend trying for a baby' legit too because then you've got 3 male victims.

Anyway, I was meaning to comment on the other story of the 2 football players on trail for rape.

Ched Evans: Sheffield Utd's Connor Brown suspended over Twitter rape case posts

The odd thing (and obviously I don't know all the details) is that both admitted to having consensual sex, the female victim was apparently 'too drunk to consent' and yet one is found guilty and the other is not.

I don't know how that works.

Then her anonimity is broken via twitter (cue hysterics about social networks again) and she gets abuse online.

But I've always wondered why the (generally male) accused is not afford anonimity as well, especially because of cases like the OP.

Or does society demand that just being accused of rape publically should be a deterrent too?

Titus

• Champion of the Sun, a master of karate
I think the issue of anonimity is always twisted in these cases. Its as though the man is being treated unjustly, that he is somehow being singled out for punishment by being named. But in reality, it's the victim who is being singled out for justice. If the man was alledged to have committed any other crime - mugging, battery, arson etc - then we would not question why he was not given pre-trial anonimity. It would be accepted as part of the justice process that he (and his victim usually) would be named.

So why should alledged rapists be granted anonimity? Why should we treat them differently? Why are they so special? I can't really think of any good reasons to treat them differently than we do alledged muggers or violent thugs? Are they not also harmed by false accusations?

I can however, see good reasons to allow rape victims to have anonimity. It encourages them to come forward, free in the knowledge that the world and his wife will NOT know the seedy details of the worst event in there lives. It allows them to put the past behind them and not be judged by all us heartless fuckers
Gods don't kill people, people with gods kill people