Author Topic: F1  (Read 17191 times)

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
Re: F1
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2011, 08:58:16 PM »
perhaps I was over simplifying things .... most who hold a super licence are of very similar skill level, the differences in the cars really decides who wins & most of the performance potential is down to the engineering .. tiz a team sport & the drivers add about 20% on top with their split second decisions .... team members DO get on the podium, rarely the same one twice though ...... have never really supported any single driver myself, prefer to concentrate on the teams ... right now leaning towards Red Bull & Ferrari .... McLaren mob are not worthy of support, dislike their way of doing things,  they seem to have no preference for a lead driver which over a number of years has lead to avoidable incidents as both have considered themselves #1 & then there's ron dennis ..............

Torquemada

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2011, 12:42:06 AM »
If they were all in equivalent cars there would be no F1, development and innovation is the only reason it exists.

jason

• Technical Support
  • Excellent!
  • Expertises:
  • Wars Fought
  • Bears Wrestled
  • Tigers Castrated
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2011, 04:41:22 PM »
Love to see them all in equivalent cars - if only for a one off race. I reckon Alonso might just sneak it.

I'd like to think Schumacher and Button would be up there if that even happened.

Titus

• Champion of the Sun, a master of karate
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2011, 04:50:33 PM »
If they were all in equivalent cars there would be no F1, development and innovation is the only reason it exists.

Indeed, it'd just be A1GP . . . which was a flop.

Clax

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2011, 06:06:48 PM »
It would be A1GP but with drivers who we all know and speculate about who is better. As a one off it would be a marvelous spectacle and settle many a previously unwinable argument.

Chewie, I'd like to think Schumacher is rubbish, however I don't have much evidence at the moment.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2011, 12:07:18 PM »
BBC reveals F1 coverage schedule for 2012 .... could have done without Korea & Europe ... glad to see Spa is there
SO ... no season opener in Melbourne & no Monza, Suzuka, Montréal, Sepang, Hockenheim, Hungaroring, New Delhi, USA,
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:19:24 PM by barky »

Titus

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2012, 02:52:46 PM »
New season starts again soon. I won't be watching though . . . a one man protest at those bastards at Sky  :scrap:

Clax

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
New season starts again soon. I won't be watching though . . . a one man protest at those bastards at Sky  :scrap:

Stream it - that'll really piss Sky off  8)

Titus

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2012, 09:36:18 AM »

I won't even do that. Less people watching (including via dodgy interweb sites) the less money Santander will pay to have their name plastered all over the cars . . .

I'm not bitter anymore (well, I am but less so at least) about Sky charging a fortune to watch football, as there is no other channel out there that could compete. But the BBC were doing a great job with F1, Sky will just replicate that. Imho, they offer nothing new worth paying for (the F1 channel is just a gimmick)

TheSingularity

• A Misanthropical Breed
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »
I'm not bitter anymore (well, I am but less so at least) about Sky charging a fortune to watch football, as there is no other channel out there that could compete...

Off topic, but there is talk that Sky will face stiff competition from Al-Jazeera when then next bidding comes around, which I think is from 2013/2014.

Titus

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »
Off topic, but there is talk that Sky will face stiff competition from Al-Jazeera when then next bidding comes around, which I think is from 2013/2014.

Didn't hear about that, but you're right . . . Very interesting  :hmmm:

It will just mean prem clubs get even more money to wast though

trollspeil

• Fuck The Coalition
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2012, 11:14:55 PM »

I subscribe to Sky F1 HD and it looks like it's going to be better coverage than the beeb.

Titus

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2012, 02:16:57 PM »
I subscribe to Sky F1 HD and it looks like it's going to be better coverage than the beeb.

How so?

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »
far more coverage I think ... what's really going to attract an audience beyond race, half hour build up to race, 15mins after race + qualifying I'm not sure .... but probably advertising smothered promotional material will be present on sky f1 along with dull & boring extended interviews with drivers 

TheSingularity

• A Misanthropical Breed
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »
Nothing drives me more batty on TV than endless speculation beforehand and disection afterwards.

But then again, the F1 people are quite knowledgeable and not as vomit-enducing as say, Adrian Chiles, but that is football.