Author Topic: F1  (Read 16168 times)

Clax

Re: F1
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »
I suppose I don't really follow F1 enough to be aware of his personality. And from a casual spectator point of view I actually like the risk takes, it's just like Schumacher in his prime, ploughing through the opposition. F1 is a bit repetitive otherwise, just cars driving round in circles. British Grand Prix is usually good because there's a high chance of rain, but Monaco, what a bore fest....

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2011, 03:08:09 PM »
just spotted this
Lewis Hamilton believes that death is an acceptable price to pay for doing what one loves and says he could not conceive of a better place to die than in the cockpit.
seems he doesn't want to die an old man!

Clax

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2011, 04:51:44 PM »
just spotted this seems he doesn't want to die an old man!

Is that a quote or hearsay.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »
Is that a quote or hearsay.
found it on the bbc F1 gossip & rumours section ... Which came originally from here ... so will have some Wheldon/Simoncelli link .... Hamilton won't be only one of that mindset

Clax

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »
found it on the bbc F1 gossip & rumours section ... Which came originally from here ... so will have some Wheldon/Simoncelli link .... Hamilton won't be only one of that mindset

Do you know that the most dangerous sport/pastime on the planet is swimming. More people die swimming, globally, than any other recognised sport. Motor racing is relatively benign in comparison. ;)

TheSingularity

• A Misanthropical Breed
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2011, 12:43:56 PM »
5/1 odds I read on the next race featuring a Hamilton/Massa coming together.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2011, 12:53:27 PM »
its getting like the old mclaren days of prost Vs senna, hamilton taking the senna approach ... imagine them both in the same team ... lol .. hamilton crashing into massa (typically) to prove some kind of point .... lets not forget that earlier in this season hamilton was seen to try & take button out ... but took himself out instead ... silly boy

jason

• Technical Support
  • Excellent!
  • Expertises:
  • Wars Fought
  • Bears Wrestled
  • Tigers Castrated
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2011, 10:43:07 AM »
Gotta love Jenson ..

And when asked about Hamilton's latest bust-up with Felipe Massa Button blasted: "I don't give a f***.

"I don't want to be asked again. It is doing my head in. If you want to interview me, fine, but I don't want to be asked about Lewis again."

True what he says though - he's having a storming run at the moment and everyone seems more interested in his whiny team-mate.

Clax

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2011, 05:38:41 PM »
Bit like this thread....

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2011, 09:19:22 PM »
Some team name changes announced:
1. Renault become Lotus
2. Team Lotus become Caterham

Clax

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2011, 07:45:03 PM »
I see Hamilton had a good win at the weekend.

Got to say that the Abu Dhabi venue is absolutely stunning. Love to stay in that hotel, or on one of those yachts in the harbour for the next race weekend....not sure my wages will quite cover it  >:(

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2011, 07:48:49 PM »
lol ... Hamilton won because Vettel went off at turn 2 & couldn't recover car intact to the pits ... I know one of the chaps that was on a boat there

Clax

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2011, 07:51:42 PM »
lol ... Hamilton won because Vettel went off at turn 2 & couldn't recover car intact to the pits ... I know one of the chaps that was on a boat there

Love to see them all in equivalent cars - if only for a one off race. I reckon Alonso might just sneak it.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2011, 08:36:01 PM »
Love to see them all in equivalent cars - if only for a one off race. I reckon Alonso might just sneak it.
suspect you might be right .... how good the car is decides who wins ... driver component in F1 is 20% tops

Clax

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2011, 08:40:24 PM »
suspect you might be right .... how good the car is decides who wins ... driver component in F1 is 20% tops

You reckon it's that low? Should be the mechanics on the podium then...