Author Topic: F1  (Read 16171 times)

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
Re: F1
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 05:20:05 PM »
McLaren sent Hamilton out with a very few seconds to spare (had been adjusting something on car) and the driver seemed to not realise he needed to keep moving swiftly & make it over line & was probably trying to leave a few secs gap to car running in front .... despite team telling him he had to keep going faster .... another McLaren fuck up it seems combined with Lewis perhaps having given up on championship now .... laughably he at first blamed Schumacher (who he's done a severe brake test on, forcing him onto grass) but has since said it was his own fault ..... unless Hamilton gets new management, a new 'spark' I think maybe we've seen the best of him?

Have suspicion that McLaren are concentrating on Button  :weed:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:39:27 PM by barky »

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »
McLaren sent Hamilton out with a very few seconds to spare (had been adjusting something on car) and the driver seemed to not realise he needed to keep moving swiftly & make it over line & was probably trying to leave a few secs gap to car running in front .... despite team telling him he had to keep going faster .... another McLaren fuck up it seems combined with Lewis perhaps having given up on championship now .... laughably he at first blamed Schumacher (who he's done a severe brake test on, forcing him onto grass) but has since said it was his own fault ..... unless Hamilton gets new management, a new 'spark' I think maybe we've seen the best of him?

Probably right, but it's hard to believe that a driver wouldn't realise how long he had to start his final qualifying lap. Hamilton already had a lap 'in the bag', but I don't believe Webber had recorded one in Q3, which is why I was suspicious.

I notice the BBC commentators are very reluctant to criticise Hamilton, even wrongly blaming Webber and Schumacher, so we don't get a particularly balanced picture from them.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, 06:03:13 PM »
The cars having changed so much in recent seasons has meant all the Adrian Newey talent that made McLaren's good enough to allow Hamilton to win a championship is lost now ..... if he was still at McLaren they'd could well be on top rather than Red Bull I strongly suspect ..... exhaust regulation changes could well shift balance next year

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 02:18:56 PM »
Have suspicion that McLaren are concentrating on Button  :weed:
still think Button is the one for McLaren to back .... seems a better driver right now .... next year? who knows!

OH YES .... congrats to the youngest ever double world champ ... only needed 1 point & he got more

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2011, 11:13:12 PM »
Sad News from USA - English driver Dan Wheldon RIP
Two-time Indianapolis 500 winner and IndyCar Series champion Dan Wheldon has died from his injuries sustained in a crash at the IndyCar Series finale at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, it has been confirmed. He was 33.

rather scary crash
Indycar Crash at Las Vegas Speedway 2011 ~ R.I.P. Dan Wheldon
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:20:28 PM by barky »

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 10:28:20 AM »
Dan Wheldon was an all-round good guy by all accounts, and a great shame that he should die so young.

Sir Jackie Stewart and Jodie Sheckter have both criticised the poor safety record of the LA Speedway following the crash.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2011, 10:54:02 AM »
a few days go by & another death in motor sport ... this time in MotoGP ... RIP Marco Simoncelli

LINK :nooo:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:59:47 AM by barky »

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2011, 01:35:23 PM »

jason

• Technical Support
  • Excellent!
  • Expertises:
  • Wars Fought
  • Bears Wrestled
  • Tigers Castrated
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2011, 01:47:24 PM »
Track 10 looks good :)

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2011, 02:01:43 PM »
more Massa Vs Hamilton activity in India .... somehow Hamilton escaped punishment this time in a seemingly 50/50 coming together with him hitting Massa's BACK wheel .... looked to me like Hamilton going for a non-existent gap with Massa perhaps making 2 moves, although the 2nd move was to get round the corner without leaving the circuit .... What was Massa meant to do ... stop on the corner & let Hamilton past?
If only Massa had broken his Ferrari's suspension a few laps earlier ... lol

jason

• Technical Support
  • Excellent!
  • Expertises:
  • Wars Fought
  • Bears Wrestled
  • Tigers Castrated
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2011, 02:29:10 PM »
I get the impression Hamilton just adopted a "fuck it" attitude towards the rest of the season when he realised that he had no chance of the world title.

But then i've never liked him.  Massively overrated and too far up his own backside.  Button is a far better driver and deservedly beating him hands down at the moment.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2011, 02:40:48 PM »
But then i've never liked him.  Massively overrated and too far up his own backside.  Button is a far better driver and deservedly beating him hands down at the moment.
I've never liked the 'McLaren approach' which is about all Lewis has ever known (remember him begging Ron Dennis for a McLaren drive live on TV @ age 12 or 13?) .... Button a far better driver as mechanical sympathy, getting to end of race goes right now ... Hamilton needs his management to be closer ... Simon Fuller FFS, more of a showbiz manager than a motorsport one ... a much more appropriate manager must be available?

Clax

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »
I don't get why so many people hate Hamilton. Not that I follow F1 too much, but I watch most of the Grand Prix when I can. Is it his personality or his driving that causes the opprobrium?

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2011, 02:51:46 PM »
I don't get why so many people hate Hamilton. Not that I follow F1 too much, but I watch most of the Grand Prix when I can. Is it his personality or his driving that causes the opprobrium?
following pic sums things up

too aggressive, that 'fuck it' attitude, car breaker tendency, spoilt brat .... lacks class

jason

• Technical Support
  • Excellent!
  • Expertises:
  • Wars Fought
  • Bears Wrestled
  • Tigers Castrated
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2011, 02:56:36 PM »

For me, and i'm not a full-on F1 fan but a bit more than a casual fan, it's both.  I've always had this feeling that he feels he's entitled to the best toys and will only succeed if he's in the fastest car.

And his driving style is too erratic and unsafe - i'm surprised he hasn't caused a more serious accident really.