Author Topic: F1  (Read 16767 times)

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
Re: F1
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2016, 08:00:17 PM »
I believe C4 have two more years before Sky gets exclusive rights.

Possible 2017 Calendar

Some live races, the rest highlights.

I don't have Sky. Satellite dishes are not allowed where I live. Conservation area.

AONB NO LNB. Ridiculous and retrogressive, just so visitors can look at where you live and say "how quaint" in their ludicrous naivety. I have such a beef with such stuff. I live on a mixed social housing/ private (ex council estate). Can't have two dishes, need planning permission for a motorized oversized dish. It is ridiculous. I am the only one in the neighbourhood to be proud to have a tree in both front and back gardens.
Everywhere else lawned paved shingled. When I see sparrows come into the trees to pick off the insects, it is uplifting.

My sympathies go out to you Oake.

And thank you for the info. :)

They won't even allow a dish set against a wall and painted in the same colour. No UPVC for you then Oake. I bet though you have got recycle bins* scattered about your property though. Oh f*ck Q's off on one, again!

*F*ck I spent a week being concerned with people and their recycle bins in an AONB, well on Dartmoor actually.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:14:10 PM by Q13.1 »

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2017, 04:47:37 PM »
Good luck to Valtteri.
New regulations new cars could he upstage Lewis?

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2017, 05:27:57 PM »
Bernie's been sacked

Thanks Oake. :)

Bye bye Bernie, not a moment too soon. The commercial rights management has been crying out for change in so many ways for years.
I look forward to a refreshing new approach and one which diversifies its revenue streams and distributes the revenues more fairly.

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2017, 07:13:36 PM »
Australian Grand Prix

Channel 4 managed to stretch their "highlights" show to nearly 3 hours, when they'd still have needed padding to fill 30 minutes. ;)

Vettel made an uncharacteristically slow start, but continued to put pressure on Hamilton. Hamilton seemed determined to outrun the Ferrari, but managed to wreck his tyres in the process, and had to pit early. Vettel made the most of a clear track, while Hamilton got stuck behind Verstappen. Vettel finally changed tyres when he'd built a sufficient lead to stay ahead of Hamilton, and there he stayed.

Hamilton seemed to settle for second place quite early in the race, and just cruised home, knowing that Bottas wouldn't be allowed to pass him.

Overtaking didn't happen, unless somebody made a mistake, or had a technical problem, so, despite C4's attempts to put a positive spin on it, this was not exactly riveting viewing.

The only positive thing is that Ferrari seem to have got their act together, and can provide some competition to Mercedes. Red Bull are close, but not quite quick enough, but nobody else has the pace to worry the top three teams.

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2017, 07:28:54 PM »
Expect the same old same old for the next 19 races.
One upside Oake we won't see that aged grey haired man lurking about in the background.
Think his name was Bernie, wasn't it?

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2017, 01:01:12 PM »
Ferrari 1 - 2 Here we go !!! :)  forza Italia!

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2017, 01:32:26 PM »
Just about to try to watch the Azerbaijan GP.

Will the GLW let me watch all of it?

Will I stay awake all the way through? (Like golf I find F1 a fantastic start to a Sunday nap.)

Go Lewisham 'Ilton!

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2017, 03:49:25 PM »
1. YES.

2. NO.

Poor ol' Lewis.

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2017, 07:46:53 PM »

Poor ol' Lewis.
"Poor ol' Lewis", running fifth behind Vettel, wanted his team to instruct Bottas (running third) to slow down and block Vettel so that he (Hamilton) could pass them both.

The team declined to do so.

It seems Hamilton doesn't think Bottas deserves equal treatment.

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2017, 08:59:02 PM »
He wouldn't, would he?

All he cares about is winning or, at a push, overtaking the car in front any way he can.

Surely the real villain there was Vettell who crashed into Hamilton and then bizarrely benefitted from the penalty.

Hamilton had the race in his pocket until he had to pit - and that was just plain unlucky.

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2017, 09:16:32 PM »
He wouldn't, would he?

All he cares about is winning or, at a push, overtaking the car in front any way he can.

Surely the real villain there was Vettell who crashed into Hamilton and then bizarrely benefitted from the penalty.

Hamilton had the race in his pocket until he had to pit - and that was just plain unlucky.

Well, Vettel's penalty didn't exactly benefit him - he would have won the race without it. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, before somebody jumps down my throat! He behaved like a twat, even if he did believe that Hamilton braked deliberately and inappropriately.

Hamilton was unlucky to have his headrest come loose, or you might argue that Mercedes were careless to not check it while the race was red flagged. Hamilton does have a habit of chucking his headrest out of the car when he gets out, and that's probably why it came adrift later. :)

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2017, 05:00:25 PM »
neither car would have had properly up to temperature working brakes, explains why vettel ran into back of hamilton ..... hamilton's done far worse to others than vettel did to him so he has little grounds for complaint especially as no damage was done

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2017, 03:18:32 PM »
Congratulations to Lewis for equaling Michael's 68 all time pole record.