Author Topic: F1  (Read 16173 times)

Clax

Re: F1
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2014, 08:34:08 PM »
I was watching today, was a great race and good atmosphere too.

Sadly not a great day for Lotus and Rosberg.

I've always liked the fact motor racing is not like sports such as football, if one team wins their supporters will not be cheering celebrating the oppositions win.

What does the bold bit mean?

Q13

« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2014, 08:46:37 PM »
What does the bold bit mean?

Motorsport fans on the whole will applaude the second, third, fourth etc placed team or driver, irrespective,
unlike football fans.

wotan

« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2014, 02:52:09 AM »
Motorsport fans on the whole will applaude the second, third, fourth etc placed team or driver, irrespective,
unlike football fans.

Last year F1 fans were booing Vettel.

Mansell had his haters.

Q13

« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2014, 03:02:17 AM »
Last year F1 fans were booing Vettel.

Mansell had his haters.

And Shuie too, but on the whole, unlike football fans motorsport fans don't go around kicking the sheit out of opposing fans.
Webber wisely moved out of F1 into endurance racing, read for that Le Mans. Webber has urged Button to join him there.
I can assure you, after viewing on TV or perhaps if you are lucky enough to experience Le Mans first hand, the greatest ever
motorsporting event, tears are shed by everyone at the start of the race and at the end of the race, both for the winners and losers.

The habit of booing F1 drivers is a sad and recent phenomena. There is no need to. Maybe it just displays the ignorance of the recent arrogant rich who attend F1 events?

Nice to see you again Wotan, you must be early morning EST? No it is not EST is it. I can't see my clocks, I just know you are hours behind me.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:09:12 AM by Q13 »

wotan

« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2014, 03:08:31 AM »
And Shuie too, but on the whole, unlike football fans motorsport fans don't go around kicking the sheit out of opposing fans.
Webber wisely moved out of F1 into endurance racing, read for that Le Mans. Webber has urged Button to join him there.
I can assure you, after viewing on TV or perhaps if you are lucky enough to experience Le Mans first hand, the greatest ever
motorsporting event, tears are shed by everyone at the start of the race and at the end of the race, both for the winners and losers.

The habit of booing F1 drivers is a sad and recent phenomena. There is no need to. Maybe it just displays the ignorance of the recent arrogant rich who attend F1 events?

The arrogant rich boo from their luxury suites, not from the track, aren't the drivers and their WAgs recent arrogant rich?

Q13

« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2014, 03:16:38 AM »
The arrogant rich boo from their luxury suites, not from the track, aren't the drivers and their WAgs recent arrogant rich?

Some get Mummy and Daddy and their parents corporate interests to buy them a seat, as happened with Catherham at Abu Dhabi and I could continue.
Bernie wants money, he has been quoted as saying I want old people to follow F1 because they are the ones with money, the bloody idiot is going to nail the sport. I have become a new devottee and advocate of the FIA recognised Formula E http://www.fiaformulae.com/ .

Yes the drivers are way overpaid, but what sportsperson mentioned frequently in the back pages isn't these days? Commercial interests piggy back on their success and turn it into pay for view.

We have had pay per view to watch men duff each other up for years now  :scrap: . How about equality for the ladies? Pay per view to watch them wrestling in high cut one-pieceswimwear or ............  ::)

In the States you have Nascar you once had the Indy 500 and other formula's of single seater open top sportscar racing. It was not elitist, this is why ecclestone's F1 never took off in the states. 20 for a ticket as opposed to ecclestone's 150.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:51:33 AM by Q13 »

wotan

« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2014, 03:32:31 AM »
I've always been a fan of MotoGP. Bought my first motorbike at age 16, paid 17 for it. Gave up after a nasty crash on the North Circular.
Must be in the blood, my son and grandson both ride. They are built of sterner stuff than me, they haven't let accidents deter them.

Q13

« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2014, 03:36:28 AM »
I've always been a fan of MotoGP. Bought my first motorbike at age 16, paid 17 for it. Gave up after a nasty crash on the North Circular.
Must be in the blood, my son and grandson both ride. They are built of sterner stuff than me, they haven't let accidents deter them.

You want to watch the movie "The Road". I'll pm you a link :)

Q13

Forza Scuderia Italia
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2015, 10:21:02 PM »
What a beautiful result from Malasyia?
The German national and the Italian team too.

Bless you Schumi and bless scuderia ferrari and Vettel.
I make no apologies.

Q13

« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2015, 10:55:56 PM »
Lewis had come a long way from his starring appearance on Blue Peter hasn't he?
100millions for three years driving a pointed arrow.
That amount could buy him a lot more music studios :(
At least we get to see what he looked at in the latest ad I saw her in. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whgvpYPNxQk
23 seconds in..........................Oh Lewis honey!!!

Q13

« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2015, 08:59:43 PM »
RIP Jules, so sad you put up such a hard fight.
Condonlencies and thoughts to your family and friends.

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2016, 07:17:51 PM »
A new season, and new regulations, some of which make you wonder....

Who seriously thought that dropping cars from qualifying before they have a chance to improve their time would be a good idea? And, in particular, dropping all but two cars from Q3 - what did they think would happen?

Anyway, it seems that Mercedes still have the best car, by quite a margin, and it took Hamilton to fuck up his start to make at least the first few laps interesting.

Had it not been for Raikkonen's engine failure, and the red flag following Alonso's accident, Hamilton might have finished well back. As it was, he barely scraped home in front of Vettel's Ferrari, despite Ferrari's strange decision to send Vettel back out on supersoft tyres after the suspension.

I also noted that Hamilton was the only driver asking his engineer which buttons to press, when he knew that such radio communications are now banned. Perhaps a case of not doing his homework. ;)

However, I have a horrible feeling we're going to see more races led from start to finish by Mercedes this season....

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2016, 08:19:10 PM »
So much for being the cutting edge of motor sport when idiots who run it screw up qualifying and Ferrari with their tyre choice?
As you say: "Lewis: What button should I press?" " 'C' minor Lewis"

F1:  "Lewis is compelled to come in and put his slippers on to run the next six hundred yards, whilst seb is still out there on his brouges making good use of them but does he have enough puff as max is coming up on him barefoot".

The sport is a shambles.

I didn't give a damn about NASCAR, those ovals and hillbilly hicks. That was until I drove a nascar sim. I know it is a different form of motorsport along with E racing and nascar, F1 though is by and large ridiculously pretentious.

Le Mans 2016, just a few months away :)

Lewis wouldn't fare well, partying the night before then having to do an F1 season, almost, in a day.

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2016, 05:44:04 PM »
The Spanish Grand Prix today was at least entertaining, and that was all down to one thing - both Mercedes cars crashing out on lap one. :)

Perhaps if a similar situation could be arranged in every race, is might be worth watching....

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2016, 11:51:46 PM »
It was marvellous Oake and records were made. An eighteen year old, in a half decent car, on probably less than 30m a year in his first week in a new car, beat everyone, second ear of F1, helped and abetted of course by Red Bull ensuring they made the headlines, forever, as being the team with the youngest ever F1 winner, put rickyardo on a three stop to ensure he didn't win. Hard luck cheesy teeth, don't you understand the game? You are paid enough to put up and shut up and play the game.

Something Bernie alluded to a few weeks back drivers are just there to drive the cars in the circus.