Author Topic: F1  (Read 17186 times)

oake

• 6f616b65
Re: F1
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »
Well done to Maldonado and Williams, but what happened to make their pit garage catch fire after the race?

BBC

Chewie

« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2012, 09:26:06 AM »
Fans told "stay away from Silverstone"

At least, don't bring your car.

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2012, 01:50:01 AM »
Seems the rumours about Hamilton joining Mercedes are right. Probably.

Lewis Hamilton set to leave McLaren to join Mercedes

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2012, 07:17:52 PM »
can stop demonising hamilton as of 2013 then ....

Q13

« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »
Another dead thread. Shows how the bernie circus has dwindled in popularity.
At least the cars now sound like something from an ATARI game circa late seventies
and they still use petrol?

Q13

Jules Bianchi
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
My very best wishes to Jules Bianchi and his family and friends:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bianchi-moved-to-icu-following-brain-surgery-as-more-details-regarding-crash-emerge

Graphic image:
http://i.imgur.com/n3HKYVk.jpg

Thinking of you all.

I look forward to hearing of encouraging news you may recieve in the days, weeks and months ahead.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »
a rather nasty impact, just seen a vid on fb: high speed strike on the lifting tractor, lifting that tractor up in air as Bianchi's out of control car slid scraping under it

Q13

« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2014, 08:17:11 AM »
a rather nasty impact, just seen a vid on fb: high speed strike on the lifting tractor, lifting that tractor up in air as Bianchi's out of control car slid scraping under it

I've seen the video on the Daily Mail website. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2782638/Footage-emerges-Jules-Bianchi-s-Japanese-Grand-Prix-crash-left-F1-star-severe-head-injury.html
Absolutely shocking, 750 kilos of F1 car spearing the back end of what 4,6 tons of tractor and lifting it into the air and moving it?! It is a miracle Bianchi is alive.

There were double waved yellows in that sector, why did he speed off the track like that, did he accelerate trying to get heat into his brakes?
It is good on safety gounds that now when there is a safety car the drivers are not allowed to leave more than a couple of car lengths between them and the car in front so they cannot brake and then accelerate.

FIA have said there will be an investigation, first tjing they should do is examine the telementary as to where Bianchi was on the track and his speed relative to the cars in front and behind.

A truely shocking accident.

And Andrea De Cesaris has died in a motorcycle accident at the age of 55. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29501069
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:19:59 AM by Q13 »

Natural Mystic

• hello
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2014, 11:47:02 AM »
what a silly dangerous sport.  How many more near fatal accidents before it's banned

Q13

« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2014, 12:24:08 PM »
what a silly dangerous sport.  How many more near fatal accidents before it's banned

It is what men and some women do and like. It is not now a silly dangerous sport, back before the 90's? It was a killer.
You say "how many more near fatal accident's before it is banned"? Okay when are we going to ban people from driving cars,
because of RTC's?

There is a simple explanation for this terrible eventuality and it very very rarely happens, the racing cars were driving around the race track and they should have slowed right down, because the volunteer marshalls were each waving two yellow flags to say there are marshalls on the track. So they should have slowed down to around forty miles an hour if not less given the weather conditions.

Motor racing and motorcycle racing is dangerous, inherently dangerous, but neither should be banned. F1 has done so much over the years, if you were to experience the same crashes as the drivers in F1, you probably wouldn't be able to walk away as they do. And now we have had the first race of the formula E series, basically electrically powered F1 cars. A horrendous crash just before the finish line and the driver just got out of his car to berate the individual to cause hime to catapault, twist int eh air and land on arnco.

No it should not be banned. And motorcycle racing? Apart from the TT and other road races, on track motorcycle racing has taught us all, that motorcyclists on the road are far more liable to damage than a racer, if they come off their motorcycles, because there are such things as walls, hedges and signposts in very close proximity to the public highway. People who ride motorcycles on the public highway? They do not need to be doing stupid speeds to end up in hospital or dead. No they just need to hit a pothole or ride over some oil on the road dumped by a truck or car.

Motor racing is safer than driving on the road, except in the instance of Bianchi, which may be a first.

I won't go into rally sport or the Dakar rally, that is another ball game alltogether.

Thankyou though NM for your comment :)

Motorsport in all its forms won't be banned, because it makes so much money. Bernie Ecclestone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Ecclestone
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:31:01 PM by Q13 »

Natural Mystic

• hello
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2014, 01:50:50 PM »
Yes I get all the arguments, was just sayin  :hmmm:  :D

Q13

« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »
Yes I get all the arguments, was just sayin  :hmmm:  :D

Boys and their toys ;) :D

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2014, 06:10:49 PM »
so long as the money is behind F1 it will continue, racing is really just a sideshow to attract big business

Q13

« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »
Many many congratualtions to Lewis, to the Williams team and to Sam Bird and Virgin Racing.

A great weekend for British motorsport.

Am I allowed to celebrate this?

DJ

« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2014, 11:05:18 PM »
Many many congratualtions to Lewis, to the Williams team and to Sam Bird and Virgin Racing.

A great weekend for British motorsport.

Am I allowed to celebrate this?

I was watching today, was a great race and good atmosphere too.

Sadly not a great day for Lotus and Rosberg.

I've always liked the fact motor racing is not like sports such as football, if one team wins their supporters will not be cheering celebrating the oppositions win.