Author Topic: F1  (Read 15654 times)

alexander orlov

Re: F1
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 09:40:26 PM »
Nah no reactions, just my wish is all.

Alonso has to be fave now placing third on the grid.  Webber and Vettel both need McLarens help or each others to win.

alexander orlov

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 10:45:14 PM »
bollocks  >:(

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 10:48:51 PM »
twas fixed for Vettel perhaps ... or perhaps not?

shame haha didn't have a grind at the barriers ... but can't have everything right in each race

alexander orlov

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 10:53:40 PM »
twas fixed for Vettel perhaps ... or perhaps not?

shame haha didn't have a grind at the barriers ... but can't have everything right in each race

Poor decision from Ferrari to pit Alonso when they did.   I got up early to watch it live and at the time I was thinking  "how the hell is he going to get passed all this traffic?" 

Alonso never once looked like getting past the Renaults.  Webber looked less competetive than that. 

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 07:59:00 AM »
Poor decision from Ferrari to pit Alonso when they did.   I got up early to watch it live and at the time I was thinking  "how the hell is he going to get passed all this traffic?"

I thought that at the time, but the drivers who'd changed tyres under the Safety Car were recording faster times after 7-8 laps than the ones still on soft tyres, so Ferrari were screwed either way. If they'd waited a few more laps, they still wouldn't have opened a big enough gap on Rosberg and Petrov, and they risked Webber getting in front of them.

As it turned out, the soft tyres recovered after a period of degradation, so Ferrari might have been OK if they'd held on, but they weren't to know that.

Biggest problem was the track design - overtaking was all but impossible, especially since the Renaults had a top-speed advantage, so Alonso could never get close enough to Petrov to outbrake him.

I thought there might be a chance that Massa could make a difference after the pit stops, but Alguersuari moved over for Webber and then held Massa up for the rest of the race.

Altogether a disappointing finish to the season - not that I cared particularly about the result, more the fact that it became a procession, which must have been really frustrating for the title contenders and their supporters.

TheSingularity

• A Misanthropical Breed
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 10:31:38 AM »
To be fair to this season, only the first and last races were the boring ones, I enjoyed the others.

I watched this final race on iplayer and one thing summed it up for me was Alonso chastising Petrov at the end of the race - hey, Fernando, he isn't your bitch team mate so he doesn't have to move out of the way, you'll have to use your 'superior driving ability' to get round him.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 03:36:08 PM »
Seems F1 could be going back to 4 cylinder turbo engines in next few years, 100cc larger capacity than last time -- 1.6 litre LINK  8)

wotan

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 04:23:51 AM »
To be fair to this season, only the first and last races were the boring ones, I enjoyed the others.

I watched this final race on iplayer and one thing summed it up for me was Alonso chastising Petrov at the end of the race - hey, Fernando, he isn't your bitch team mate so he doesn't have to move out of the way, you'll have to use your 'superior driving ability' to get round him.

Watch MotoGP far more interesting than F1. No one does it better than Valentino Rossi.

03/10/2010 MOTEGI (japan) LORENZO vs ROSSI:IL GRAN DUELLO ITA
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:40:27 AM by wotan »

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 04:56:54 PM »
just announced todayRule banning 'team orders' deleted

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 06:42:08 PM »
Looks like Robert Kubica might not be fit for the new season - shame, as Renault were looking competitive in testing.

Kubica seriously injured in crash

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 07:24:20 PM »
hope the arm he broke isn't the one already with titanium rods after an old crash ... could  slow the recovery a bit & maybe put super licence in limbo

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 12:50:44 PM »
seems ford's lawyered up with some idiots LINK ... lawsuit over a codename for an F1 car that won't go on sale to public, wont be seen in USA and doesn't remotely resemble a ford f150  :weed:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:56:19 PM by barky »

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 05:34:58 PM »
FFS --- what a moaning twat lewis hamilton has been at Monaco 2011 --- crashing into & pushing other cars off in a split second too late manoeuvres .. cars which were AHEAD of him on the track then complains that they should have let him past and then claims race stewards are treating him harshly ... the twat treats F1 like rallycross sometimes ... you have to laugh :clap:

Clax

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 09:00:03 PM »
FFS --- what a moaning twat lewis hamilton has been at Monaco 2011 --- crashing into & pushing other cars off in a split second too late manoeuvres .. cars which were AHEAD of him on the track then complains that they should have let him past and then claims race stewards are treating him harshly ... the twat treats F1 like rallycross sometimes ... you have to laugh :clap:

I have to agree he is a bit of a twat. After saying that I thought he had a point today, Massa had lost the racing line and cut him up. Being a moaning twat he does get the harsh decisions, but that's his own fault.

Great GP had an anti-climax with the late crash though, was really looking forward to the three way fight in the last ten laps. Can't see the season going any other way than Vettel.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 10:10:11 PM »
he got 1 penalty for hitting massa at the tight hairpin ... pushing massa into webber in the process ... massa had nowhere else to go imo
other penalty near end made no difference ... 20secs added to his time when he'd lapped next place car was nothing worth complaining about .. changed nothing!