Author Topic: QT thread  (Read 10738 times)

Geeza

• Koran
Re: QT thread
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 12:59:44 AM »
That's rubbish.  ::)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/20/newsid_2489000/2489357.stm

No you are talking rubbish Nick!

Over the years that New Labour were in power the BBC did not allow negative opinions of immigration to be broadcast..

Indeed if they did it was related to the BNP etc..

Please do stop being silly with me Nick!   ;)

muf 99%

• Back from the dead! Zombie Muf ;)
  • Divide & conquer!
    • What I'm listening to
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 01:05:06 AM »
It is the BBC what do you expect?

I just wish they would be privatised so I don't have to give them my money that goes towards promoting their PC ideology on to us anymore.

If it wasn't for the BBC the Guardian would have had to shut up shop... there is another reason to get rid of the BBC...   ;)

:)
Lol
My exacerbation was towards (mainly) QT not the BBC but if you feel so strongly towards the licence fee, stop paying it! It isn't mandatory!

Geeza

• Koran
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 01:06:47 AM »
Lol
My exacerbation was towards (mainly) QT not the BBC but if you feel so strongly towards the licence fee, stop paying it! It isn't mandatory!

I quite like my large colour LCD TV, wouldn't I have to forfeit this to stop paying the license fee?

Geeza

• Koran
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 01:09:45 AM »
By the way muf 99% did you get bored of the trolling or are you just too busy these days to do it?

What happened fella?

muf 99%

• Divide & conquer!
    • What I'm listening to
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 01:29:42 AM »
I quite like my large colour LCD TV, wouldn't I have to forfeit this to stop paying the license fee?
Kudos to you Geez, you're alright Jack  :clap:
Rather watch large adverts about shit that you don't buy every 15 minutes eh ;)

muf 99%

• Divide & conquer!
    • What I'm listening to
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 01:30:28 AM »
By the way muf 99% did you get bored of the trolling or are you just too busy these days to do it?

What happened fella?
I honestly don't know what you mean... ;)

Geeza

• Koran
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 01:33:31 AM »
Kudos to you Geez, you're alright Jack  :clap:
Rather watch large adverts about shit that you don't buy every 15 minutes eh ;)

Well it does not matter if I only watch DVD's on my large LCD TV since apparently because it is in colour I must pay a TV license!!!

So when you say the license is not mandatory you are wrong if you have a TV!

Geeza

• Koran
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 01:34:23 AM »
I honestly don't know what you mean... ;)

Really?

Geeza

• Koran
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 01:35:41 AM »
 :ROFL:

muf 99%

• Divide & conquer!
    • What I'm listening to
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 01:41:54 AM »
Well it does not matter if I only watch DVD's on my large LCD TV since apparently because it is in colour I must pay a TV license!!!

So when you say the license is not mandatory you are wrong if you have a TV!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/insidethebbc/whoweare/licencefee/

Where do you get more(or even similar) for less?
You tories are all the same! You know the price of everything, and the value of nothing ;)

Geeza

• Koran
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 01:58:59 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/insidethebbc/whoweare/licencefee/

Where do you get more(or even similar) for less?
You tories are all the same! You know the price of everything, and the value of nothing ;)

This is more like it, you are back to your old ways!!!   :clap:

Anyway, if you have a TV you have to pay for a TV license according to the law, the link you provided does not dispute this fact.

:doh:

muf 99%

• Divide & conquer!
    • What I'm listening to
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 03:51:49 PM »
This is more like it, you are back to your old ways!!!   :clap: Anyway, if you have a TV you have to pay for a TV license according to the law, the link you provided does not dispute this fact. :doh:
::)
Is a TV Licence required to own a television set?

You donít need a TV Licence to own or possess a television set. However, if you use it to watch programmes as they are being shown on TV then you need a TV Licence in order to do so.
Part 4 of the Communications Act 2003 sets out the requirement for a TV Licence. Section 363 makes it an offence to
install or use a television receiver or
possess or have control of a television receiver with the intent to install or use it or
possess or have control of a television receiver and know or have reasonable grounds for believing that another person intends to install or use it
without a valid TV Licence issued under the Communications Act.
If you own or possess a television set without installing or using it as a TV receiver (e.g. you only use it to watch videos or DVDs, or as a monitor for a games console) then you donít need a TV Licence.
If you donít have a television set or have one but donít use it to watch programmes as they are being shown on TV, we ask that you inform us this is the case, so that we can register it on our database to prevent unnecessary contact. An enquiry officer may call to verify this. This is necessary because when we make contact on these visits, almost a fifth of people are found to require a TV Licence. We believe that the fairest and most consistent approach is to visit addresses where TV Licensing is notified that no television set is used.
If, during a brief visit, an enquiry officer can verify that no licence is likely to be needed, he or she will stop any further contact to that address for two years for a residential address and three years for a business address.
That's the law and here is the link :)

Alizarin

• Brexshit means Brexshit
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2013, 09:29:51 PM »
No you are talking rubbish Nick!

Over the years that New Labour were in power the BBC did not allow negative opinions of immigration to be broadcast..

Indeed if they did it was related to the BNP etc..

Please do stop being silly with me Nick!   ;)

Rubbish!  What you don't get is that the BBC isn't the Daily Mail.  It has to serve all opinions.  Immigrants don't pay their licence fee to be told they are burdens, crooks and immoral - while the BBC speaks, exclusively, to a right wing audience.  If you want that, go buy the "Daily Star" or another right wing comic. 

Ask yourself when a right wing rag last ran a favourable piece about immigrants?  It works both ways!  The Daily Mail, Express et al do not allow favourable articles on immigrants - yet they are supposed to be newspapers reporting news.

Nigel Farage holds the record for most appearances on "Question Time".  His party has no seats, yet you right whingers always moan about 'bias'.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:39:24 PM by Alizarin »

Chewie

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2013, 02:12:35 PM »
Mehdi Hasan gets a large round of applause from me. That was a wonderful take down of the Daily hate   :)

If you missed it, here he is, if you detest the Mail, you are going to love this-

Mehdi Hasan OWNING Quentin Letts on Question Time 03/10/2013 (The video's owner prevents external embedding)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:51:16 PM by Chewie »

plandalet

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2013, 11:18:40 AM »
Mehdi Hasan gets a large round of applause from me. That was a wonderful take down of the Daily hate   :)

If you missed it, here he is, if you detest the Mail, you are going to love this-

Mehdi Hasan OWNING Quentin Letts on Question Time 03/10/2013

Nice takedown but the man seems to have applied to the Daily Mail for a job at one point. Rather blunts
the power of his attack.