Author Topic: Saudi orders its citizens to leave Lebanon immediately...  (Read 76 times)

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
Saudi orders its citizens to leave Lebanon immediately...
« on: November 10, 2017, 03:56:13 PM »
..amid rising tensions, between the two countries, and between Iran and Saudi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-41932838

Saudi have blamed Hezbollah for an attempted recent missile attack on Riyadh, which was intercepted.

"Many Lebanese fear that their country is becoming embroiled in a wider conflict between Saudi Arabia, a major Sunni power, and Shia-led Iran, its biggest regional rival"

Lebanon is accusing Saudi of effectively decalring war.

If this escalates further it will be interesting to see how Russia and the US respond, being Iran and Saudi's backers respectively.

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
Re: Saudi orders its citizens to leave Lebanon immediately...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 08:44:24 PM »
Saudi's seem to have taken Lebanese PM prisoner .... wonder if they'll kill him?

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 11:40:47 PM »
Saudi's seem to have taken Lebanese PM prisoner .... wonder if they'll kill him?

Apparently he's a Saudi passport holder.... :)

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 11:42:09 PM »
There's a lot of subtle anti Iranian brainwashing going on at present....are we going to war(tagging along more like) with US killing machine?

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 11:12:23 AM »
There's a lot of subtle anti Iranian brainwashing going on at present....are we going to war(tagging along more like) with US killing machine?

War is possible of course, but I suspect not an outright military confrontation, just the usual proxy shit in a bid to avoid pulling the US and Russia in. I smell US meddling of course. It's what they do. Maybe a test for Putin. All these good vibes between Putin and Trump are staged IMO.

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 11:27:39 AM »
War is possible of course, but I suspect not an outright military confrontation, just the usual proxy shit in a bid to avoid pulling the US and Russia in. I smell US meddling of course. It's what they do. Maybe a test for Putin. All these good vibes between Putin and Trump are staged IMO.

War will happen when the world ditches the US $ . High time China rose up o this challenge. The Americans will go berserk...that's for sure. Will we end up rimming the US due to that "special one way relationship"?  :D