Author Topic: Ghost stories  (Read 88 times)

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
Ghost stories
« on: October 27, 2017, 05:09:36 PM »
Post any unexplained experiences you've had....

I'll kick things off wth this..

About a week after my dad died in 1986, I was sitting at the kitchen table in my mums house with a friend, eating. My mum was sitting in the lounge watching TV. It was early February and very cold outside with a modest layer of snow on the ground.

The kitchen door was slightly ajar, leading out to the hall and the front door. It was early evening, about 7pm. From where I was sitting I saw our neighbours security light come on through the glass of the front door. Then, suddenly there was a very loud knock at the door. The letter box opened and slammed shut very hard about three times. It made us jump, and I remember my mum shouting something like "Who the hell is that?"

I jumped up and walked at speed into the hall, and opened the front door. There was no one there. At about the same time as I opened the door, there was a loud knock on the living room window frm the outside, like knuckles rapping on the glass, which made my mum jump out of her skin. I'd heard this clearly from the hall, as we didn't have double glazing, and whenever anything struck the window the glass would rattle in its frame. Whoever was playng this 'knock down Ginger' game had obviously ran round the front of the house and knocked on the window.

This would easily be explained by kids messing around, although that was pretty unheard of round our way, apart from the fact the inch thick layer of snow on the driveway and lawn by the living room window remained completey unbroken. The snow had fallen, for a time quite heavily, after my mum, my friend & I had entered the house and no one had called since. There wasn't a single footprint in the snow, not so much as an animals paw print. I ran round the side iof the house which led to a long mud track, also shrouded in snow, leading to the woods. No footprints. No sign of anyone. Deathly quiet and still.

I returned to the house feeling slightly annoyed and slightly bewildered. My mum, standing in the hall, and who had spent most of the last week praying after my dads death, just looked at me with a reasurring smile "I think your dad wants to come home" she said. Oddly enough I didn't feel very comforted.

Je

Re: Ghost stories
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 11:49:12 PM »
Nice one. I dismiss it entirely though... I don't believe in psychic mumbo jumbo therefore there must be a rational explanation. Like

the wind
someone with snow shoes
a bird
a bat
your imagination
hallucination
opiates
other

Accordingly I have no stories to tell myself...

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 01:51:04 AM »
It is inducements caused by micro magnetic fields. You can in the lab induce really forbidding experiences just through a change in magnetic fields across the brain.

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 06:08:18 AM »
Nice one. I dismiss it entirely though... I don't believe in psychic mumbo jumbo therefore there must be a rational explanation. Like

the wind
someone with snow shoes
a bird
a bat
your imagination
hallucination
opiates
other

Yes, I'm sure there is a rational explanation,  just cant think what it is. All of the possibilities you list can be discounted easily, though.

Je

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 07:14:39 AM »
Okay lets try harder.

It was someone but you didn't check the snow *properly* enough to see the prints.

... Someone on a hoverboard....

... a *really* big moth...

... Ummm... time shift... someone tapped and tapped and then chuckled to themselves as they froze time and cunningly removed all trace...

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 07:20:13 AM »
Okay lets try harder.

It was someone but you didn't check the snow *properly* enough to see the prints.

... Someone on a hoverboard....

... a *really* big moth...

... Ummm... time shift... someone tapped and tapped and then chuckled to themselves as they froze time and cunningly removed all trace...

I like the time shift theory  :D Let's go with that....  8)

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 07:33:50 AM »
Ghost writers exist but not ghosts.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 10:06:37 PM »

the wind
someone with snow shoes
a bird
a bat
your imagination
hallucination
opiates
other

Snow shoes leave prints.

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 07:58:28 AM »
Snow shoes leave prints.

All the reasons listed can be discounted for the following reasons..

the wind - There was none
someone with snow shoes - "snow shoes leave prints" (Sven at Random Banter)
a bird - A bird would be unable to use te letter box
a bat - It wasn't bat season, plus same reasons for bird apply
your imagination - Three of us witnisse it
hallucination - Three os us witnessed it
opiates - I wasn't a drug user at that point in my life
other - Yes I expect it was

Apologies fir typo's. Can;t be arsed to correct ahy more typo's..