Author Topic: I voted for Brexit  (Read 231 times)

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
I voted for Brexit
« on: October 19, 2017, 04:30:09 AM »
 :weed:  :spam:  :ambulance:  :cops:  :boat:  :alien:  :wtf:  :whogives:  :clap:  :doh:

The rich are still getting richer and the poor poorer.

Why do I feel like I have been taken for a ride?

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
Re: I voted for Brexit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 06:34:35 AM »
It's your business how you voted, and we all makes mistakes. A year before the referendum I was considering doing the same, until I realised a) I didn't understand the first thing about the machinations of the EU, so it would be best to vote for the devil I already knew, rather a complete unknown set of circumstances. To this day I don't know anyone who actually understands that much about EU politics, ad there is no impatial source of information to refer to.

..and b) those who campaigned to leave were predominantly racists and were either very rich, or stupid to the point of actual retardation.

Does this make me a Europhile? No, I have a trust issues with mass centralised power structures, but as with most political choices presented to the electorate, you go with who you think is marginally less likely to put you in the poorhouse.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 09:36:26 AM »
:weed:  :spam:  :ambulance:  :cops:  :boat:  :alien:  :wtf:  :whogives:  :clap:  :doh:

Because you were drunk as fuck, listening to the various ooo-aars about combine harvesters and traaatas from your cider swilling brethern, the farmers. And some oddly delusional things from fishermen who seem to think that political arrangements guide the swim paths of fish, and not being caught by humans with nets.

I am serious in part. I feel that the majority of arguments "for" Leaving were simply ill researched opinion from people who just really did not fully understand what the EU is, what it does, and why.

Something I read more than once were claims by older people, possibly fictional characters, but I have anecdotally heard people of the right age say similar things in the past, of a glorious time, post WW2, pre EU (or common market or whatever it was known as in the 70s) and by the sounds of it, before all these smelly brown people showed up in vast numbers, a time when there was so much work for your average un-semi-skilled factory labourer.
One could simply pick up a paper on a friday, find a job starting monday, drink fine nutty ale which cost a penny a pint over the weekend, then start work monday morning, should you think the job was a load of bollocks, why you could tell the boss to stick it, nip down to the labour exchange and have another job by the afternoon, tuesday morning at the latest.
But the EU changed all that.
Presumably those dastardly evil foreigners in Brussels, Berlin and Outer Mongolia, conspired to ensure that good upstanding British workers had to compete with their villainous populations for work.
With nothing better to do, they sent hordes of the aformentioned brown people to do the same work for thrupence a week.
Which immediately lead to the labour party declaring that bin collection was a thing of the past, so the unions decided to close everything down and suddenly people were poor, only had electric three days a week and rats scurried in the streets.
About this time as well, the EU decided to arm the drunken violent Irish, leading to the height of the Troubles.

Now, of course I am exaggerating for effect, before Visitor sobs and burbles and cries "lies! LIES!",  however, I am quite convinced that a lot of people believed something similar because it fit in with some kind of rose tinted view of Englands fine and green past that they carry.

I get that some people really thought they were doing the right thing for the UK's interests, and fell for some of the unrealistic economic arguments based on best case near fantasy scenarios, but the fact of the matter is that whether one agrees with the EU in principle or not, the UK economy is thoroughly tied up within the EU economy and to remove it from said economy will cause serious harm in the short and mid term, probably as a result, even the long term.

That is what I tried to always base my arguments for the EU upon, and with some personal spin of human relationships are now intrinsically tied with loved ones, relocation and movement accross the EU, and that I beleive is a wonderful thing about the EU too.

But of course, you wanted your penny a pint nutty ale, and the ability to tell every boss in town he is a wanker, but still get work.

Ultimately these people were ignoring the inconvenient fact that the UK was still rebuilding after WW2 at that stage, had a massive labośr shortage and an urgent need to modernise, and the smelly browners then all came from what was becoming the commonwealth. Be it because they were invited to fill labour gaps, or if they were having to relocate due to previous forced movement and a consequence of regime change, all at the behest and invitation of her majesty's government. The Dastardly Europeans had literally nothing to do with that situation.

Now, refuse to believe me if you want. But just read literally everything from offical sources back then, and I am certain I will be thoroughly backed up.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:41:12 AM by Sven »

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 10:43:11 AM »
Sven gives a cartoon view,  I see.

I actually read it. :doh: Why I will never know.........it was wholly garbage.

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 11:20:22 AM »
all brexit can do is make poor poorer & rich richer at a faster rate .... a further concentration of power to the elites while diminishing UK to basket case in process ..... all thanks to tory twats shafting UK public while blaming the EU for it

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 11:41:46 AM »
Brexit for me too. I don't believe in the big establishment and a United States of Europe. We must also have immigration but with control. My other point is benefits...and the entitlements it gives the newcomer from the EU and who ever he/she brings here. That said, we do need immigrants in London...simple fact !!!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:47:03 AM by Return of the Mac »

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 11:43:06 AM »
Because you were drunk as fuck, listening to the various ooo-aars about combine harvesters and traaatas from your cider swilling brethern, the farmers. And some oddly delusional things from fishermen who seem to think that political arrangements guide the swim paths of fish, and not being caught by humans with nets.

I am serious in part. I feel that the majority of arguments "for" Leaving were simply ill researched opinion from people who just really did not fully understand what the EU is, what it does, and why.

Something I read more than once were claims by older people, possibly fictional characters, but I have anecdotally heard people of the right age say similar things in the past, of a glorious time, post WW2, pre EU (or common market or whatever it was known as in the 70s) and by the sounds of it, before all these smelly brown people showed up in vast numbers, a time when there was so much work for your average un-semi-skilled factory labourer.
One could simply pick up a paper on a friday, find a job starting monday, drink fine nutty ale which cost a penny a pint over the weekend, then start work monday morning, should you think the job was a load of bollocks, why you could tell the boss to stick it, nip down to the labour exchange and have another job by the afternoon, tuesday morning at the latest.
But the EU changed all that.
Presumably those dastardly evil foreigners in Brussels, Berlin and Outer Mongolia, conspired to ensure that good upstanding British workers had to compete with their villainous populations for work.
With nothing better to do, they sent hordes of the aformentioned brown people to do the same work for thrupence a week.
Which immediately lead to the labour party declaring that bin collection was a thing of the past, so the unions decided to close everything down and suddenly people were poor, only had electric three days a week and rats scurried in the streets.
About this time as well, the EU decided to arm the drunken violent Irish, leading to the height of the Troubles.

Now, of course I am exaggerating for effect, before Visitor sobs and burbles and cries "lies! LIES!",  however, I am quite convinced that a lot of people believed something similar because it fit in with some kind of rose tinted view of Englands fine and green past that they carry.

I get that some people really thought they were doing the right thing for the UK's interests, and fell for some of the unrealistic economic arguments based on best case near fantasy scenarios, but the fact of the matter is that whether one agrees with the EU in principle or not, the UK economy is thoroughly tied up within the EU economy and to remove it from said economy will cause serious harm in the short and mid term, probably as a result, even the long term.

That is what I tried to always base my arguments for the EU upon, and with some personal spin of human relationships are now intrinsically tied with loved ones, relocation and movement accross the EU, and that I beleive is a wonderful thing about the EU too.

But of course, you wanted your penny a pint nutty ale, and the ability to tell every boss in town he is a wanker, but still get work.

Ultimately these people were ignoring the inconvenient fact that the UK was still rebuilding after WW2 at that stage, had a massive labośr shortage and an urgent need to modernise, and the smelly browners then all came from what was becoming the commonwealth. Be it because they were invited to fill labour gaps, or if they were having to relocate due to previous forced movement and a consequence of regime change, all at the behest and invitation of her majesty's government. The Dastardly Europeans had literally nothing to do with that situation.

Now, refuse to believe me if you want. But just read literally everything from offical sources back then, and I am certain I will be thoroughly backed up.

Oh man...I fell asleep after the first 2 lines :)

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 11:57:11 AM »
Brexit for me too. I don't believe in the big establishment and a United States of Europe. We must also have immigration but with control. My other point is benefits...and the entitlements it gives the newcomer from the EU and who ever he/she brings here. That said, we do need immigrants in London...simple fact !!!

if you don't believe in big establishment then why give them MORE power over you by voting for ultra-nationalism? UK could have signed up to schengen eliminating many concerns about immigration, entitlements (but of course whole immigration concern is grossly over-stated). anyway - here's something to  chew over http://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-cliff-edge-no-deal-departure/

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 12:05:57 PM »

That's capitalism for you. Brexit or not....

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »
Sven gives a cartoon view,  I see.

I actually read it. :doh: Why I will never know.........it was wholly garbage.

A: back up your claims of it being garbage.

B: you are a half wit, chicken shit. You are not intelligent.

That's capitalism for you. Brexit or not....

You are an even stupider empty vessel spewing out sound bite and redpill neckbeard manchild tears.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 12:35:45 PM »

You have no clue what you want.

Can you even vote or have you been declared mentally unfit?

Visitor

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 12:48:23 PM »
UK could have signed up to schengen

And then would have even less control who entered the country...........

Schengen is a perfect example of the gross stupidity of the EU.

Free Movement in and around Schengen itself is perfectly rational and practical. Look at the map and Schengen, in Luxembourg, is absolutely connected to France and Germany. One needs free movement there, in that particular area for many a reason for the benefit of the people who live there. i suspect free movement there has always/often been local and acceptable..........

One does not need free movement of people from say, the Polish border with Belarus and, say, Parisians.

Travelling without the need for checking who is travelling across the whole of Europe and why is utopian...............

It is a charter for all kinds of horrible stuff which goes unchecked and as has been noticed is problematic now and has been semi aborted by the strain caused by the refugee crisis.

The EU has never factored into its plans what happens when their stupid plans go tits up.

It does not abide by its own rules. Political shortcuts and bribery and shenanigans and bollocks are what run that horrible organisation. It is doomed. Stupid unrealistic impractical plans of humans can't last long...........or not very long..........or not forever......

Do you ever watch the Parliament? here, have one minute to put your view Mr MEP........thank you......HERE HAVE TWO MINUTES TO MAKE YOUR SPEECH............

It is deranged........ludicrous.......

Tomorrow we will move to Strasbourg for the same baloney

Then back again

Have two minutes to make your point Ms MEP

Spend a fucking fortune translating this two minute guff into how many languages?

OH GOD.........everywhere you look into the EU it is ridiculous.......who takes notice of its statements? or its wishes?.......

Mrs Merkel and M. Macron are more important than Junker et al but nobody points out the fucking truth........everybody is taken in by the foam and froth.....

I guess if I was from Luxembourg or Latvia I might see some of the benefits :ROFL:

Bin it. Soon. Before all the serious fascists unite throughout the continent and use the EU bureaucracy and organisation for their  ends. All they need is someone to follow ::)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:17:15 PM by Visitor »

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »

Free Movement in and around Schengen itself is perfectly rational and practical. Look at the map and Schengen, in Luxembourg, is absolutely connected to France and Germany. One needs free movement there, in that particular area for many a reason for the benefit of the people who live there. i suspect free movement there has always/often been local and acceptable..........

One does not need free movement of people from say, the Polish border with Belarus and, say, Dubliners.

Travelling without the need for checking who is travelling across the whole of Europe and why is utopian...............

It is a charter for all kinds of horrible stuff which goes unchecked and as has been noticed is problematic now and has been semi aborted by the strain caused by the refugee crisis.

The EU has never factored into its plans what happens when their stupid plans go tits up.

It does not abide by its own rules. Political shortcuts and bribery and shenanigans and bollocks are what run that horrible organisation. It is doomed. Stupid unrealistic impractical plans of humans can't last long...........or not very long..........or not forever......

Do you ever watch the Parliament? here, have one minute to put your view Mr MEP........thank you......HERE HAVE TWO MINUTES TO MAKE YOUR SPEECH............

Then back again

Spend a fucking fortune translating this two minute guff into how many languages?

OH GOD.........everywhere you look into the EU it is ridiculous.......who takes notice of its statements? or its wishes?.......

Mrs Merkel and M. Macron are more important than Junker et al but nobody points out the fucking truth........everybody is taken in by the foam and froth.....

I guess if I was from Luxembourg or Latvia I might see some of the benefits :ROFL:

Bin it. Soon. Before all the serious fascists unite throughout the continent and use the EU bureaucracy and organisation for their  ends. All they need is someone to follow ::)
whatever you say UK is even more ridiculous & is the one needing fixed

Visitor

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »
whatever you say UK is even more ridiculous & is the one needing fixed

I don't dispute that much needs fixing in the UK. Being in the EU has caused some of the problems and prevents fixing some of them and being in the EU has been also used as an excuse for not fixing them or for claims we cannot.

Everywhere one looks one finds things which need treatment.

One does not have to look far to see how the EU is creaking. And not up to fixing anything.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 01:52:49 PM »

One does not need free movement of people from say, the Polish border with Belarus and, say, Parisians.

Then back again

Where have you paraphrased that from?

That is not your usual empty nonsense. I mean, of course it is empty nonsense, but it does not have your usual smug self satisfied wanky feel.
If anything, it has the empty nonsense feel of Nigel Farage.

Where are you from then?

I don't dispute that much needs fixing in the UK. Being in the EU has caused some of the problems and prevents fixing some of them and being in the EU has been also used as an excuse for not fixing them or for claims we cannot.

Everywhere one looks one finds things which need treatment.

One does not have to look far to see how the EU is creaking. And not up to fixing anything.

And by accident you are right, but that is no reason to leave or abandon a work in progress.
The consise benefits of the EU are trade and resulting business which has certainly lead to an overall increase in wealth for the general population. Even the lesser performing countries are better off, including Greece.

It can be fixed, anything can be fixed with enough determination and cooperation. That is what the EU is about.
Post Brexit Britain will be fixable, I do not disagree, it is just how much hardship, pain, and how long, this will take is what concerns me.

However, I will accept any reasoned argument as to why this could have happened anyway, without the EU existing.

But of course, it is now better to remain part of it, than be outside of it and starting from scratch in an uncertain situation.

Plus you, yes you Visitor, are an unlikable c**t. I bet you cry nightly into your biting pillow.