Author Topic: Balfour 100 years on  (Read 94 times)

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
Balfour 100 years on
« on: October 17, 2017, 02:50:56 PM »
The contested centenary of Britain’s ‘calamitous promise’

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/oct/17/centenary-britains-calamitous-promise-balfour-declaration-israel-palestine

On the evening of Thursday 2 November, at an elegant but as yet undisclosed central London location, Theresa May will sit down for a festive dinner with Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, and 150 other carefully selected VIP guests. They will be celebrating the historic promise, made a century ago to the day, that the British government would use its “best endeavours” to facilitate the creation of a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Security for the event will be tight and protesters will be kept well away. This is no ordinary anniversary.

This contested anniversary is a dangerous minefield for May’s embattled government.

She and Netanyahu make a great couple. Puke.

tequila_nic

Re: Balfour 100 years on
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 05:24:55 PM »

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »
ughhh ... shame the zionists were left free to create a clusterfuck & marginalise moderates ... of course was only possible thanks to collapse of Ottoman empire

Je

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 06:15:46 PM »
What's the guessing there won't be a racist state there in another 100 years?  South African apartheid lasted a while, its history now.

Visitor

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 01:15:33 AM »
I have my tickets :)

http://www.balfour100.com/events/royal-albert-hall-balfour-celebration/

You crack me up.

You will have such a lovely time there. You will fit right in.

You, the avowed atheist, a dedicated opponent of all religions , in amongst those Christian zealots and Jewish Zionists, listening to the fabulous British Christian orchestra and
500 voice international Christian choir from Holland and the Redeemed Christian Church of God........

Have a wonderful evening.

You really are a man of principle, aligning yourself with those religious folk. I guess your opposition to religion  must be being trumped by another, more important principle........dedication to the Zionist cause.

Do report back on how fabulous a time you had and what you all did.

Here's singing........all together now........ Onward Christian Zionists...... Marching as to war, With the book of Herzl Going on before etc etc

Puke.

Visitor

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 10:25:57 AM »
  The evening’s programme will follow the history of God’s work through the Balfour Declaration that culminated in the independence of the modern state of Israel. We will use dance, film, song and drama sketches to illustrate how God used both Christians and Jews to fulfil the prophesied return of the Jewish people from exile to their ancient biblical homeland Israel.

At appropriate times in the programme, Christian leaders will read statements that will reflect Christians’ desire to…

Reconnect with the spiritual heritage of godly men who espoused the restoration of Israel to her Land
Remember the Balfour Declaration and the Jewish-Christian partnerships that made it a reality
Recognis the failure of Britain to fulfil the intent of the Balfour Declaration through the mandate for Palestine
Rededicate ourselves as Christians to support Israel and the Jewish community

The Royal Albert Hall is the place where Lord Balfour celebrated with the Jewish community of his day the granting to Britain of the Mandate for Palestine and it is therefore an ideal venue to celebrate the centenary of the letter that bears his name.

Please note : for security reasons, every person attending must bring original format photo ID.

The Redeemed Christian Church of God - Netherlands - Facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYhlgIPt9SA

ENJOY YOURSELF, TEQUILA ::) :ROFL:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:11:04 AM by Visitor »