Author Topic: Forum numbers dropping  (Read 456 times)

Groper

• A bachelor's life is no life for a single man
Re: Forum numbers dropping
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 07:21:59 PM »
There are a number of forummers who visit the forum but  just don't post.

Saphreya, Ghostrider, Clax, V8, sven, miasgran, Sally, Q, Whitesage, PFF (until recently), froggyherts

They constitute a quorum, I'd guess, or at least are more than the number of people who do regularly  post.

Why visit here and not post?
Largely because nobody has brought up any interesting topics

I often come on and not post because nobody is posting anything interesting in the News section but only to find it later it has been posted in the Random section

That's why I think if we reduced the number of sections and say put Random stuff with News, we can avoid that problem

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 09:25:40 PM »

I often come on and not post because nobody is posting anything interesting in the News section but only to find it later it has been posted in the Random section

WTF don't you start an interesting topic instead of relying upon others to have done it for you? Are you not up to the job? Christ every section of this place was filled with me and my topics. You can do the same you know you don't need any special priveleges to be able to. You think fewer sections is the answer? No the bloody answer is YOU contribute, YOU start threads, YOU keep them alive. OMG!

Groper

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 09:45:22 PM »
WTF don't you start an interesting topic instead of relying upon others to have done it for you? Are you not up to the job? Christ every section of this place was filled with me and my topics. You can do the same you know you don't need any special priveleges to be able to. You think fewer sections is the answer? No the bloody answer is YOU contribute, YOU start threads, YOU keep them alive. OMG!

I hold the record on the C4 Forum for a topic I posted that reached 144 pages.  Except it went higher than that, the counter stopped.  Bug in database.   

I don't post topics largely because I can reference what I wanted to say in another topic already posted.

I thought that was better practice than posting new topics that are closely related to another topic already posted?

Ghostrider

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »
There are a number of forummers who visit the forum but  just don't post.

Saphreya, Ghostrider, Clax, V8, sven, miasgran, Sally, Q, Whitesage, PFF (until recently), froggyherts

They constitute a quorum, I'd guess, or at least are more than the number of people who do regularly  post.

Why visit here and not post?
There used to be a good cross section of posters with differing views that i may not have agreed with but respected in the main.

Now it is the same people arguing the same few points over and over and they generally decline into childish insults within a few posts.

I still check on the forum most days to see what the rabble are up to. :D

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 12:03:37 PM »
There used to be a good cross section of posters with differing views that i may not have agreed with but respected in the main.

Now it is the same people arguing the same few points over and over and they generally decline into childish insults within a few posts.

I blame Sven. I am more of a reactionary forummer. Otherwise I am harmless. Most here have an issue with my opinion...hence I get abused and ridiculed by them. I fightback... :D

This was why I asked the chief offender to take his stuff to the hutch area of this forum. It must be  very boring for others to watch these childish manbags flying all over.....

I hope  to see more of your posts in the future.  :D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:34:08 PM by Return of the Mac »

Groper

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 09:42:21 PM »
I blame Sven. I am more of a reactionary forummer. Otherwise I am harmless. Most here have an issue with my opinion...hence I get abused and ridiculed by them. I fightback... :D

I agree, Putinbots are harmless.  They fightback with 'Alternative Facts'  :)

This was why I asked the chief offender to take his stuff to the hutch area of this forum. It must be  very boring for others to watch these childish manbags flying all over.....

I hope  to see more of your posts in the future.  :D

Agree GhostRider, pls come back, make this forum live again

And can we get rid of the sub sections, the less the better, can't be bothered to check the lot

More emicons pls, hello, is forum regulator listening? 

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 10:04:59 PM »

I would love to cease the insults but when faced with such intentional stupidity presented as opinion, I have to break out the hilarious.

Groper

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 09:46:46 PM »
I would love to cease the insults but when faced with such intentional stupidity presented as opinion, I have to break out the hilarious.

Please don't cease on the insults.  Your insults are imaginative and adds to the vocabulary of insults.

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 12:11:02 PM »
Sven's abuse is the only reason I come here now....oh and ROTM's incredible insights of course..

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 12:13:50 PM »
Sven's abuse is the only reason I come here now....oh and ROTM's incredible insights of course..

I knew it!

Apart from ROTM's incredibly bad insight. That surprises me!

Anyway, erm what did I use on you?

Ah yes. Hippie girlfriend, hairy armpit licking fetish, get sucked off by that guy who calls you "my main man" in your sleep, erm what else?

You are not a paedo or a cottager, I remember that much. And you have pretty sound and balanced opinion.

How else did I abuse you?

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 12:53:32 PM »
I knew it!

Apart from ROTM's incredibly bad insight. That surprises me!

Anyway, erm what did I use on you?

Ah yes. Hippie girlfriend, hairy armpit licking fetish, get sucked off by that guy who calls you "my main man" in your sleep, erm what else?

You are not a paedo or a cottager, I remember that much. And you have pretty sound and balanced opinion.

How else did I abuse you?

The abuse goes back a long way, Sven, and I think I've blanked most of it out...  ;)

The hippie girlfriend thing was pretty vanilla as was being sucked off by that guy...although obviously that led to many  a wet dream afterwards. You've always been quite civil to me, Sven. You did make a comment some time ago that you'd given up on abusing me because I never got upset!  :ROFL:

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2017, 01:44:06 PM »
The abuse goes back a long way, Sven, and I think I've blanked most of it out...  ;)

The hippie girlfriend thing was pretty vanilla as was being sucked off by that guy...although obviously that led to many  a wet dream afterwards. You've always been quite civil to me, Sven. You did make a comment some time ago that you'd given up on abusing me because I never got upset!  :ROFL:

Yeah, if someone proves themselves to be reasonably balanced and adult with their opinions, then just either largely ignore or play along with the abuse, I don't usually continue.

I don't even need to agree with the opinion. All I ask is that the opinion can be backed up with a course of reasoning.

Anyone with a brain but no life could read back through all of my hilarious typings to see that theme being very strong.

When people try to shame/belittle/outwit me, that is when I go for them. Especially if it is clear that the abuse is getting to them!

...although obviously that led to many  a wet dream afterwards.

For you or him?

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 01:54:34 AM »
I think forum numbers are dropping because all of our sperm counts are too.

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 08:26:01 AM »
I think it's a simple case of eveything that can be said has been said. You can only say Trump is a c**t so many times. You can only applaud or deride Brexit so many times. You can only blame or defend Islam so many times. You can only deny or acknowledge global warming so many times.

It's all been said, and I suspect you'll find most current afairs forums, apart frm those reserved for those in the 'inner circle' are dying a slow death. Being able to express your views on public forums is a great thing in principle, the fact that it changes nothing whatsoever is of course a discussion for another day.

Besides that, RB is not a very friendly place. It's like a gaggle of slappers fighting over a handbag.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »
I think it's a simple case of eveything that can be said has been said. You can only say Trump is a c**t so many times. You can only applaud or deride Brexit so many times. You can only blame or defend Islam so many times. You can only deny or acknowledge global warming so many times.

It's all been said, and I suspect you'll find most current afairs forums, apart frm those reserved for those in the 'inner circle' are dying a slow death. Being able to express your views on public forums is a great thing in principle, the fact that it changes nothing whatsoever is of course a discussion for another day.

Besides that, RB is not a very friendly place. It's like a gaggle of slappers fighting over a handbag.

I am very friendly!

It's just that a number of people here are so contemptible, that they are not worthy of friendship. Even their dogs hate them.