Author Topic: Forum numbers dropping  (Read 466 times)

Groper

• A bachelor's life is no life for a single man
Forum numbers dropping
« on: October 01, 2017, 11:15:23 AM »
Sad

Used to be busy here, remember from the C4 days.

How can we generate more interest?

I suggest reducing number of sub topics for example, amalgamating Entertainment with Music, merging Random Banter, the News, the Hutch and Not So Quite News together, gadget and sport together and get rid of the rest.

Why?  Because few people want to jump from sub topic to sub topic to see what new has been posted.  Or rather, just have most of it on one page.

Je

Re: Forum numbers dropping
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 11:44:38 AM »
Been dying a death for ages. Bickering might put any new folk off - its not much of an invitation. If people put their pov without getting personal about each other would be a better place.

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 03:12:46 PM »
forums have been losing out significantly to facebook, twitter etc for a long time now

Guzman

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 06:18:31 PM »
Personally i dont get whats so great about Facebook anyway?.  Facebook seems to be mainly about.....look at me...look at my life....look what i wore last time i went out......look at what i made for dinner for tonight.....look at this photo of the latest book im reading.......why do so many people out there give a dam????.

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 06:42:15 PM »
^ never done any of that on facebook myself (although someone on here is slightly guilty of similar)

Je

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 09:51:16 PM »
Facebook is a stalking and identity theft tool isn't it... like Linkedin? Or is there another use no-one told me about?

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 09:56:00 PM »
Don't do Facecrap :)

tequila_nic

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 10:51:07 AM »
Been dying a death for ages. Bickering might put any new folk off - its not much of an invitation. If people put their pov without getting personal about each other would be a better place.

This

Nic

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 12:30:53 PM »
^ never done any of that on facebook myself (although someone on here is slightly guilty of similar)

Me by any chance? ;) I did declare here I was off to start my own cult.
Seriously seeing all the conflict here, including that instigated by me, I found it to be very upsetting and best avoided.
Now I lose sleep when I get booted off groups over there when I upset sensibilities.
Also I am finding it progressively more painful to use the keyboard,
so writing extensively is not a desirable option.

At Facebook I have met a lot of sincere people who I would call friends. been there since the start of the year and only been let down by one of them who was abusing my other (lady) friends despite me warning him off doing this and another guy who didn't let me down but so off his rocker the poor soul he keeps disappearing.

I have brought a lot of people together, through the groups I run and belong to, our common interest is taking pictures (everyone is a togger these days) and for a surprising number of us  we use this hobby as a diversion from pain, depression etc and among those I have brought together they appreciate the fact that they are not alone and have met others in the same boat. Also, we are all non-judgemental.

Je

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »
Also I am finding it progressively more painful to use the keyboard,
so writing extensively is not a desirable option.

You tried voice recognition? Its 'there' now...

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 12:53:27 PM »
You tried voice recognition? Its 'there' now...

yeah...quite a handy tool.

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 09:22:27 PM »
I'm all for Facebook.

It's a tool, that's all, and like any other tool it can be put to good or bad use.

So what if people post pictures of food or videos of cats all day? It is also a powerful conduit for making friends, finding friends and even losing friends...

If you find everything on there twee and annoying you are befriending the wrong people, following the wrong pages and belong to the wrong groups.

It's not the fault of the person who posts a picture of a bacon sandwich; it is your fault for following them. You don't have to, y'know.

And if you can't find interesting stuff on FB you are an idiot.

Groper

• A bachelor's life is no life for a single man
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 12:20:02 PM »

Disagree

Bickering has been going on since the C4 forums.

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 04:27:23 PM »
There are a number of forummers who visit the forum but  just don't post.

Saphreya, Ghostrider, Clax, V8, sven, miasgran, Sally, Q, Whitesage, PFF (until recently), froggyherts

They constitute a quorum, I'd guess, or at least are more than the number of people who do regularly  post.

Why visit here and not post?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 04:58:03 PM by Visitor »

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »
There are a number of forummers who visit the forum but  just don't post.

Saphreya, Ghostrider, Clax, V8, sven, miasgran, Sally, Q, Whitesage, PFF (until recently), froggyherts

They constitute a quorum, I'd guess, or at least are more than the number of people who do regularly  post.

Why visit here and not post?

I was having a break to be honest. It started when I got a new position and I did not have much time for wasting.

I only check back in the hope to find that you have died in a hilarious misadventure.

You really are a disappointment, to yourself and others.