Author Topic: How many cult movies have you seen?  (Read 137 times)

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
How many cult movies have you seen?
« on: September 22, 2017, 05:20:29 PM »
http://www.listchallenges.com/100-of-the-best-cult-films

I scored 46 but there were some movies that should have been listed. Dark Star, Naked Lunch......

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
Re: How many cult movies have you seen?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 05:42:10 PM »

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 05:53:40 PM »

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 07:12:44 PM »

I have several of them on DVD that I always have meant to get around to watching though.

tequila_nic

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 10:49:01 AM »
78:)

Nic

Guzman

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 08:06:16 AM »
My score was 44.   Do movies that you didnt watch all the way till the end count?.  Because thats the case with The Craft and Rocky Horror Picture Show with me , and i still ticked them.

Im surprised that there arnt any spaghetti westerns mentioned.

What defines a movie as "a cult movie" ?.  A movie that when it originally came out, did not do that well at the box office, but in later years to come gained so much recognition and praise in hindsight?.  For example, The Rocky Horror Picture Show was made 40 years ago.....but its live stage shows still sell out tickets today dont they?.

I showed my friend that list today, and when he saw the movie Drive Angry there, he went "What the hell???, why is Drive Angry there?, its not a cult movie!!!, it was only made 6 years ago!!!.  Its one of the stupidest crappest movies ive ever seen.  A mans having sex with a woman in the car, and while their doing it, some baddies come along and start shooting towards them, and inbetween thrusting her he postures up and fires his gun occasionally, and the woman is still just happily receiving his motions without a care in the world.....while bullets are flying towards them!!!".
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:39:52 PM by Guzman »

Alizarin

• Building a country that works or everyon
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 11:18:43 PM »
48% but quite a few I'd not really wish to see again.  Some on that list are absolute shit.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 11:26:51 PM »

Guz, a cult movie is a film which while not always mainstream or generally popular, has a strong and devoted fan base.
Rocky Horror is a perfect example of not just a cult film, but a cult musical.

While I have not seen, or even heard of, Drive Angry before now, I would imagine that it fills the critera of strong devoted fan base.

I am surprised to not see more obscure sci fi films on that list to be honest. They could have ditched Gremlins 2 in favour of Zardoz, for instance.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 11:27:59 PM »
And fuck me, No El Topo.

The Cult Movie to end all Cult Movies. So Cult that many famous film critics and reviewers did not believe it even existed and tried to write it off as a myth.