Author Topic: Jacob Rees Mogg thinks rape and incest victims should see out their pregnancy.  (Read 233 times)

Alizarin

• Brexshit means Brexshit
Over on the rightist rags people are 'admiring his honesty'.  Funny, because if a Muslim leader said exactly the same thing, those very same people would be spitting bile.  Tec Nic, where are you? 

God, right wingers are drenched in personal hypocrisy.  They admire Jacob Ress Twat for his honesty and decry political correctness, but then they'll argue that the left tolerates Muslim attitudes because of political correctness.  Right wingers are twats.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/06/jacob-rees-mogg-opposed-to-gay-marriage-and-abortion-even-after

tequila_nic

Over on the rightist rags people are 'admiring his honesty'.  Funny, because if a Muslim leader said exactly the same thing, those very same people would be spitting bile.  Tec Nic, where are you? 

God, right wingers are drenched in personal hypocrisy.  They admire Jacob Ress Twat for his honesty and decry political correctness, but then they'll argue that the left tolerates Muslim attitudes because of political correctness.  Right wingers are twats.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/06/jacob-rees-mogg-opposed-to-gay-marriage-and-abortion-even-after

Right winger :)

He's religious at least have the decency to name what actually forms his opinion rather than making up bollox.

You really are a twat.

Nic

Alizarin

Right winger :)

He's religious at least have the decency to name what actually forms his opinion rather than making up bollox.

You really are a twat.

Nic

So when a Muslim says rape and incest victims shouldn't abort that's barbaric, when a darling of the twattish right wing says it, it's 'just him being honest' and we're supposed to respect that.  So when a hate preacher says "death to the west" you'll be respecting their honesty, will you?

What forms his opinion is his version of Catholicism, although he clearly ignores the main Christian message of compassion but it's a Catholicism that's tailored to fit his vile rightist character.

I thought you wouldn't want to condemn a darling of the hard right.  No surprises there! 

tequila_nic

So when a Muslim says rape and incest victims shouldn't abort that's barbaric, when a darling of the twattish right wing says it, it's 'just him being honest' and we're supposed to respect that.  So when a hate preacher says "death to the west" you'll be respecting their honesty, will you?

What forms his opinion is his version of Catholicism, although he clearly ignores the main Christian message of compassion but it's a Catholicism that's tailored to fit his vile rightist character.

I thought you wouldn't want to condemn a darling of the hard right.  No surprises there! 

It's all based in faith and it's all bollox

you should know enough about me now to know my disdain for the faithful and their abhorrent views on issues like gender equality and the right to choose.

As I said you really are a twat.

Nic

Alizarin

Rees Mogg has the full deck when it comes to hard rightist stances

Climate change denier - right wing
Low taxation - approves right wing
Trump - supports, right wing
Business deregulation - approves right wing
Xenophobe - yes, right wing
Little Englander - yes, right wing
Murdoch - supports, right wing
BBC - against, right wing
Asylum seekers - thinks they should wear wrist bands to identify them - hard right/Nazism

Talks about getting our country back but supports Murdoch having even more clout in subverting the will of the electorate.

Alizarin

It's all based in faith and it's all bollox

you should know enough about me now to know my disdain for the faithful and their abhorrent views on issues like gender equality and the right to choose.

As I said you really are a twat.

Nic

It's not though, is it.  He ignores the compassion message of faith but is happy to buy into the lecturing, bullying aspect of it.  The typical character traits of the worst of right wingers, using religion for his own nasty self service. 

tequila_nic

It's not though, is it.  He ignores the compassion message of faith but is happy to buy into the lecturing, bullying aspect of it.  The typical character traits of the worst of right wingers, using religion for his own nasty self service. 

Yes it is it is the teaching of his church.

Show me where the Catholic church supports Gay marriage or the right to choose.

But again why do you want me to argue this given you know my views on religion?

Have I not been plain enough over the YEARS for you to know my opinion?

Twat.

Nic

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
This man is like a cartoon parody of a tory, and makes David Cameron look liberal. I don't understand his popularity even among right wingers, due to his poshness. I thought we were moving more towards a thick working class, 'hang em high' bigotry, rather than a plummy, little Englander bigotry. I thought people hated elites, liberal or otherwise.

JRM is entitled to his views. They are, however the wrong views, so fuck him!

Sir Rocis de Liver

I think we can rest assured.
No need to worry.
He is a proven and utter nincompoop, a complete idiot and laughing stock.
Have you seen the names he's given his kids?
Poor sods.
Trying ,though, to imagine him in the throes of sexual passion.
Hard.
In more ways than one.

PS Isn't this what 'Muslims' believe (and, presumably, practice)?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:55:38 PM by Sir Rocis de Liver »

Alizarin

Yes it is it is the teaching of his church.

Show me where the Catholic church supports Gay marriage or the right to choose.

But again why do you want me to argue this given you know my views on religion?

Have I not been plain enough over the YEARS for you to know my opinion?

Twat.

Nic

Show me where the Catholic church advocates a small state, turning back refugees, cutting vital benefits for the disabled and business deregulation?

The Pope has even made a speech on inequality but Rees Mogg wants more of it.  So he's cherry picking to suit his nasty rightist personality.  I'd imagine that Catholics who think victims of incest or rape should not be allowed to abort are thin on the ground in this country, even if it's not doctrine. 

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:04:38 PM by Alizarin »

tequila_nic

Show me where the Catholic church advocates a small state, turning back refugees, cutting vital benefits for the disabled and business deregulation?

The Pope has even made a speech on inequality but Rees Mogg wants more of it.  So he's cherry picking to suit his nasty rightist personality.  I'd imagine that Catholics who think victims of incest or rape should not be allowed to abort are thin on the ground in this country, even if it's not doctrine. 

What the fuck are you prattling on about?

You made the claim there is a version of Catholicism that is all for Gay marriage and the right to choose so I'll wait for you to post this before I engage any further.

But try and form a coherent argument and I might reply.

Nic

tequila_nic

I'd imagine that Catholics who think victims of incest or rape should not be allowed to abort are thin on the ground in this country, even if it's not doctrine. 

So those who go against the teachings of their church are the better Catholics :)

'However, if a child is conceived in a pregnancy caused by rape, then this child is just as innocent and precious as the woman who was victimized and he or she should not be killed because of the actions of the rapist. '

You really are a twat.

Nic

Alizarin

This man is like a cartoon parody of a tory, and makes David Cameron look liberal. I don't understand his popularity even among right wingers, due to his poshness. I thought we were moving more towards a thick working class, 'hang em high' bigotry, rather than a plummy, little Englander bigotry. I thought people hated elites, liberal or otherwise.

JRM is entitled to his views. They are, however the wrong views, so fuck him!

Well indeed, they all loved Boris for upper class bufoonery and lacing his speeches with Latin.  They all loved Farage because he was 'a bloke you could have a pint with', now they all love Rees Mogg because he's a bloke who wouldn't touch their pubs with a barge pole. 

They're a fickle lot, just like schoolgirls and their tastes in pop bands.

He is entitled to his views, but I do think it's a bit much when righties argue that their darlings be free to air their views but then spit bile when someone like Diane Abbott airs theirs.

Alizarin

So those who go against the teachings of their church are the better Catholics :)

'However, if a child is conceived in a pregnancy caused by rape, then this child is just as innocent and precious as the woman who was victimized and he or she should not be killed because of the actions of the rapist. '

You really are a twat.

Nic

Rees Mogg goes against the teaching of his church with his right wing politics.  Is that not a fact?  The Pope talked about "the idolatry of money" 

In 2013, Pope Francis wrote a massive statement, called an apostolic exhortation, in which he decried what he called the "idolatry of money":

"The worship of the ancient golden calf has returned in a new and ruthless guise in the idolatry of money and the dictatorship of an impersonal economy lacking a truly human purpose. The worldwide crisis affecting finance and the economy lays bare their imbalances and, above all, their lack of real concern for human beings; man is reduced to one of his needs alone: consumption."

From the same 2013 writing, on the theory of trickle-down economics:

"Some people continue to defend trickle-down theories which assume that economic growth, encouraged by a free market, will inevitably succeed in bringing about greater justice and inclusiveness in the world. This opinion, which has never been confirmed by the facts, expresses a crude and naive trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power and in the sacra­lized workings of the prevailing economic system."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:29:28 PM by Alizarin »