Author Topic: most boring sport to watch?  (Read 120 times)

Guzman

most boring sport to watch?
« on: September 05, 2017, 01:03:00 PM »
Although i dont mind playing snooker and darts, their pretty boring to watch though.

But the most boring sport to watch i think has gotta be chess, especially at world class level.   So many times a player will spend like 40 mins on deciding what to make his next move be, that his opponent will even clear off for a while (because you see an empty seat) .  If you find watching a man sit there and just think, for 40 mins as entertaining, then you really will find anything entertaining i think lol.

Je

Re: most boring sport to watch?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »
Cricket, golf. Take away the commentary what have you got... a lot of nothing happening in between a small ball being hit somehow.

Does anyone watch fishing? That would probably take the cookie... watching someone sitting on the ground holding a stick out for hours... yawn...

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 03:39:39 PM »
Boring sport is perfect for having a nap. Golf and F1 do that for me perfectly which is a problem because I quite enjoy watching both.

An honourable mention for marathon running/The Great North Run etc. Dull dull dull dull dull.

Cricket boring? Have a word with yerself.

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 03:53:08 PM »
Cricket boring? Have a word with yerself.

You just like to see googlies.

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 03:57:01 PM »
Has to be cricket. Pure torture. Darts? Wots that? I was brought up watching pot black on beeb 2. Golf is great to watch as is F1 back in the day when the cars sounded good, great to go to sleep to.

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 03:57:08 PM »
I wish I could spot one!

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 04:03:09 PM »
Has to be cricket. Pure torture. Darts? Wots that? I was brought up watching pot black on beeb 2. Golf is great to watch as is F1 back in the day when the cars sounded good, great to go to sleep to.

F1 is fantastic when shit happens but so much of it is just a procession and the old safety car/pitstop routine decides the result far too often.

One of the most exciting passages of sport I can remember was Mansell chasing down Nelson Piquet (was it?) at Silverstone and passing him on the last lap to win in front of a crowd that went literally batshit mental. Tremendous stuff but it happens all too rarely.

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 04:26:10 PM »

F1 is fantastic when shit happens but so much of it is just a procession and the old safety car/pitstop routine decides the result far too often.

One of the most exciting passages of sport I can remember was Mansell chasing down Nelson Piquet (was it?) at Silverstone and passing him on the last lap to win in front of a crowd that went literally batshit mental. Tremendous stuff but it happens all too rarely.

You are right it was Piquet. F1 races are in the main just Sunday drives. Never was a fan of motorsport on ovals stateside till I got a nascar sim for the pc. Hooked from then on. Pure flat out shoulder to shoulder racing.

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 05:25:09 PM »
Sega Mastersystem 2 (look it up, kids) did the same to me and baseball.

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 08:37:02 PM »
Football

Guzman

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 09:56:06 PM »
Although i aint a football fan, and i think the game is too over rated, i do think there are other sports that deserve to be put into the hall of shame for being totally boring, more than football

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »
Football, golf, horse racing, bowls and darts...