Author Topic: North Korea fires missile over Japan.  (Read 343 times)

oake

• 6f616b65
Re: North Korea fires missile over Japan.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 04:42:57 PM »
...and South Korea is a corrupt regime as the recent Samsung trials showed.

Shhh!

They're on our side. ;)

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 06:32:57 PM »
Actually, your earlier post, oake, gave the correct context which our media had chosen to ignore.
Thanks.

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 04:56:20 PM »
Kim needs to get himself a twitter account, though I noticed the pink lady doesn't even have an autocue. Sanction paper, could bring the regime down overnight.

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 05:19:49 PM »
An 'expert' on Newsnight yesterday said that it was probable they were getting outside help to develop their nuclear programme. Probably from China. Makes sense I guess.

plandalet

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 12:05:33 AM »
An 'expert' on Newsnight yesterday said that it was probable they were getting outside help to develop their nuclear programme. Probably from China. Makes sense I guess.

Why exactly would China help North Korea develop their nuclear program? There's nothing in it for the Chinese. The dirty little secret is that developing nuclear weapons is not all that hard. Pakistan managed it.

Alizarin

• Brexshit means Brexshit
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 12:44:45 AM »
Kim needs to get himself a twitter account, though I noticed the pink lady doesn't even have an autocue. Sanction paper, could bring the regime down overnight.

Indeed Q, Kim needs a twitter account, so he can vent his adolescent feelings of victim-hood to the world like Trump does. 

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 07:41:54 PM »
This latest kerfuffle makes me wonder what NK is hoping to achieve beyond acquiring nuclear capability. I can understand why they want that because the nuked-up nations are seen as Big Hitters on the world stage.

The question as to what they think they'll gain from ever using them is altogether different one. Even if they have bunkers inside hollowed-out mountains and are impervious to attack once inside them there will be nothing worth having outside because the US will obliterate everything in retaliation and with Trump in charge they might even obliterate Pyongyang with a pre-emptive strike.

Quite simply they have nothing to gain from conflict and everything to lose and they must know this.

The whole business is bizarre but they must have some end game in mind so what might it be?

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 09:51:54 PM »
oake's post is probably the reason for Kim Jong Um's displays of might.
Responses, that is, to provocation by the current combined military exercises of S Korea, Japan and the US.
He can't be seen to be weak.
Nothing worse than loss of face.
Nothing bizarre about that.

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 10:35:46 PM »
So he has made his point. The end game has been achieved already. All he has to do to maintain face is... nothing at all.

I hope that interpretation is accurate because if it isn't he really will try to nuke somewhere because that is all there is left to do, isn't it?

After all we've had the ICBM over Japan, the threats against Guam, the unexpected nuclear test... All that remains is to actually arm an ICBM and fire it at a target.

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 11:31:16 PM »
Biggest bully being tested by a little bully....I like what I am seeing :)