Author Topic: Drinks  (Read 92 times)

bababarararacucucudadada

Drinks
« on: August 26, 2017, 09:57:52 PM »
Mrs B is rather partial to a G&T. Me too but I find the drink a little to bitter. Rum and coke is an altogether different mattter and Waitrose sells Santa Theresa rum which isn't cheap but is gorgeous.

However I did not start his thread to extol the virtues of Santa Theresa but of a Cornish gin named Tarquin.

Except that isn't strictly true either. Tarquin gin is very nice. No mistake about that. If you are a Gin Head I'm sure you'll love it. I am not one of them. Tarquin also do a blackberry gin... It isn't cheap but it is gorgeous. Dangerously so. So gorgeous it doesn't need the tonic. So gorgeous it doesn't even taste that strong. It doesn't really taste like a spirit at all. It is though.

It's only the price that stops me drinking it.

And the disapproving looks from Mrs B.

Any other little known but delish drinks out there?

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
Re: Drinks
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 10:50:13 PM »
Don't effing contemplate going there.

Je

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 10:45:00 AM »
Well known, oft ignored, but is the real Mccoy as far as drinks go.

water

Ground chilled and after some hard physical labour... nothing's beaten it yet.

None of that liver-killing junk...

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »
quite partial to that rare delicacy called Scrumpy ...

captainfly

• is fantastic!!!
  • HEY HO, LET'S GO!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 03:14:57 PM »
Where to start?  There are so many wonderful and glorious drinks out there I am a massive fan of american craft beers and was surprised are being complemented on my choice of IPA in two supermarkets in Orlando by random store assistants who noticed it in my cart.  Craft beer is not the same as real ale, the former is really just low volume production with an artisan focus, where real ale is just weird. 
Gin and tonic is usually just reserved for long haul flights where the beer is wretched and the wine is worse, air france whilst offering champagne do so in a plastic beaker but I digress.  I do like vodka but cannot be trusted, I used to drink rum but the hangover is too much these days even in a cocktail, I am bored of whisky and whiskey and tequila is awesome in a margarita.
I love drinking I used to think it would be easier to stop drinking rather than smoking and I was wrong alocol is so diverse and there is always something new to try.

Je

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 06:10:33 PM »
There's milk as well... just had some but that's more a food...