Author Topic: giving up smoking and symptoms  (Read 221 times)

Natural Mystic

• hello
giving up smoking and symptoms
« on: August 16, 2017, 11:39:37 AM »
Hi all, well I am 48 hours in, no ciggies.  I really am determined and will keep it up.

What were others' symptoms? Was dizziness one of them? I thought I was going to black out earlier on the dog walk (got 5 days of yayyy)

Sodeterminedbutfeelingood.com

#feeling proud

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
Re: giving up smoking and symptoms
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 12:10:01 PM »
Hi all, well I am 48 hours in, no ciggies.  I really am determined and will keep it up.

What were others' symptoms? Was dizziness one of them? I thought I was going to black out earlier on the dog walk (got 5 days of yayyy)

Sodeterminedbutfeelingood.com

#feeling proud

I quit for a year then went back to it like the bellend I am. It's alifelong addiction like alcoholism, but some deal with it better than others. My friends father gave up 22 years ago and still has regular strong cravings.

I didn't have symptoms like dizziness when I last quit. I just had mad cravings all the time - which actually got worse over time (go figure!) and wanted to eat anything that wasn't nailed down.

Good luck with quitting. I'm sure you'll nail it :-)

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:16:11 PM »
I stopped for about 2 years and started again...

I just went cold turkey. The first 24 hours was the worst. If you are up to 48 hours then you are well past the worst. After 3 days your body will be nicotine free. Get through Day 4 and you're home and dry.

I found the act of smoking to be harder to stop than the smoking itself. I mean the habitual act rather than the habitual drug. I hope that makes sense.

Good luck.

Natural Mystic

• hello
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »
Yea its the habit hun, I actually hated most ciggies I smoked. There is something different about this time, I'm on it 😎

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 07:27:31 PM »
I stopped for about 2 years and started again...

I just went cold turkey. The first 24 hours was the worst. If you are up to 48 hours then you are well past the worst. After 3 days your body will be nicotine free. Get through Day 4 and you're home and dry.

I found the act of smoking to be harder to stop than the smoking itself. I mean the habitual act rather than the habitual drug. I hope that makes sense.

Good luck.

Me too.

captainfly

• is fantastic!!!
  • HEY HO, LET'S GO!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 02:23:47 PM »
I had my last cigarette on the 27th of December last year, after smoking for about 23 years.  I am now a vaper and love it, and haven't looked back anytime I think about smoking again I remember how horrible it had become and all the nasty tar, volatile  hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and the other thousands of harmful compouds I was inhaling, then shudder and go back to a tank and mod with ejuice I have mixed myself or some low volume ejuice I can talk to the maker of.  I am well aware vaping isn't 100% safe but I am happy with the exponential harm reduction over combusted tobacco.

captainfly

• is fantastic!!!
  • HEY HO, LET'S GO!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 02:38:33 PM »
Oh and if you do go down the vaping route watch youtube and follow indoorsmokers tiavapes mikevapes and vapingwithvic they are a good starting point for getting into vaping.

tequila_nic

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 10:59:24 AM »
I quit tobacco (again) awhile back

However I still smoke the odd roll up as I found the habit of actually smoking was the hardiest to stop(and the times I started smoking again was all due to me wanting just 'one' ciggy)

But now I use a 'herbal' mix from ebay as it contains no nicotine so I can have the odd one without the issue of introducing nicotine back into my system

Nic

Natural Mystic

• hello
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »
I had my last cigarette on the 27th of December last year, after smoking for about 23 years.  I am now a vaper and love it, and haven't looked back anytime I think about smoking again I remember how horrible it had become and all the nasty tar, volatile  hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and the other thousands of harmful compouds I was inhaling, then shudder and go back to a tank and mod with ejuice I have mixed myself or some low volume ejuice I can talk to the maker of.  I am well aware vaping isn't 100% safe but I am happy with the exponential harm reduction over combusted tobacco.

I am vaping and completely agree. 

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 02:42:57 PM »
I think biting ones right leg off is a a frequent withdrawal symptom.

Je

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 10:19:05 PM »
Well *i* have NEVER done fag-breath lung harakiri... and scratch my head at those who like coughing soot... [/superior smirk]

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 11:57:32 AM »
It's a wankers habit really, specially nowadays.

The only people left smoking are those with low self esteem, mental health issues and a handful of elderly old schoolers. Anyone who cares about those who care about them, doesn't smoke.

I'm still a wanker despite my best efforts to quit. Some folks are just weak, I guess. Sorry if anyone is offended by these comments, but my observations are that people who still smoke generally have quite a lot of other things wrong with them. It's not a social habit anymore. It's anti social habit.