Author Topic: Last documentary you watched  (Read 5996 times)

Alizarin

• Brexshit means Brexshit
Re: Last documentary you watched
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2016, 08:08:13 PM »
On a serious note, I'm not a big fan of Louis Theroux but an interesting show.  Except for that loudmouth twat they all seemed quite ordinary and pleasant people, if a bit of an attention seeking drama queen in the young guy's case.  Louis Theroux must have questioned his own drinking habits as 1.5 bottles of wine in a single session, regularly, certainly sounded well over recommended safety limits.  An interesting show but not quite an eye opener for someone like me who knows he drinks too much.

Alizarin

• Brexshit means Brexshit
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »
The Forgotten Holocaust Survivors

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world

Very much unreported until this on C4.

Something like 45,000 jewish holocaust survivors who live in israel
are living in abject poverty, in this short doc there are even accounts of how they
are abused by young zionists.

DO WATCH IT! 

Channel four will next be accused of anti semitism reporting as they have how the zionist state
treats those whom the state exploited to justify its existence and by and large still does saying that anyone who is critical of israel
is de-facto anti-semitic.

I could contend the israeli state is anti semitic in part given the contents of this documentary.

German war reparations were paid to ensure jewish victims of the holocaust, should not suffer.
This has fallen on deaf ears regarding the israeli state and it appears the majority of its populace.
Appalling.

Watched this but can't say it's an indictment on Isreal any more than the this country treated its elderly war heroes and is currently treating its war disabled as in many accounts of Tory bullying of the disabled with sanctions.  It obviously grates more when we think the main impetus for founding the state of Israel was the holocaust and it looks like there's a load of skimming of funds intended for holocaust victims ending up lining the pockets of the reparations fund admin fatcats oddly based in New York. 

It was mentioned that money was being used for hospitals rather than victims and I guess that's for the greater good of the survivors given their age but clearly the conditions those people lived in were a disgrace.  Yes, it is rotten but not exactly surprising.  That's corrupt politics and capitalism for you!

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2016, 12:04:54 AM »
Watched this but can't say it's an indictment on Isreal any more than the this country treated its elderly war heroes and is currently treating its war disabled as in many accounts of Tory bullying of the disabled with sanctions.

You miss the point. Germany has paid war reparations to ensure holocaust survivors, financially at least, should not go through undue suffering in their twighlight years. This is NOT the same as elderly british war veterans or even current ones, going through hardship. Germany does not pay war reparations for their benefit.

The reparations are for holocaust survivors not hospitals israel could otherwise easily afford. This is an indictment of israel.

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2016, 12:47:58 AM »
An interesting show but not quite an eye opener for someone like me who knows he drinks too much.

Yes, well all drink too much Al, do something about it whilst and if you still can.

I guess given what you say you too know someone close to you who has regularly suffered fits and been admitted with internal bleeds* and myself in physical disability as a consequence of the myelin sheaves across my nerve membranes been destroyed by alcohol.

I can only assume as someone who knows he drinks too much you are doing something to address your problem.
I utterly agree with you, however, there are a multitude of reasons to turn to drink, least of which are tories.

ps I like Zach, he was the editor of the ecologist, also he tried but failed to pass a private member's bill giving the electorate the right of recall regards their elected mp.

*sadly in his efforts to kill himself was admitted for an overnight stay again the other night.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:57:28 PM by Q13.1 »

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »
Grayson Perry,
All Man:
Hard Men.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/grayson-perry-all-man

I think I'll buy myself a gerbil or hamster so I too can take up cage fighting with an equally matched opponent :)

Don't worry Al, grayson's doing a one-off special on hard men from your locale ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 04:41:25 PM by Q13.1 »

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2016, 05:20:23 PM »
我們中國人喜歡英語課制度。

Wǒmen zhōnggu rn xǐhuān yīngyǔ k zhd.

鏈接 Linjiē

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »
Watched this at the weekend on Sky Arts:

In contast its all about dosh iranian style. I think I may have posted the same but chinese style before.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/on-demand

Sorry, I am cynical.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:25:16 PM by Q13.1 »

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2016, 08:32:44 PM »
Ross Kemps Britain Series 1 2of3 Child Sexual Exploitation

MattW

• Debt free
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2016, 08:39:50 PM »
I would like to go and watch the Michael Moore documentary film 'Where to Invade Next'  :)

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2016, 06:18:36 PM »
Terribly, terribly sad on so many levels for both.

If you haven't watched it, do, please.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/rich-brother-poor-brother-cutting-edge

Multi-millionaire Ivan Massow lives in a luxury five-storey central London home. His brother David lives in a van on a lay-by. This film explores Britain's wealth gap, through their contrasting lives.

Spoilers, Ivan made his money being and exploiting his LGBTX identity. David made one bad decision and never got over it in the shadow of his gay brother's success, who as you will see patronises, disrespects and ridicules his poor brother.

There is a parable in the doc I think for all of us who talk politics with each other on forums, possibly. Maybe I am just putting myself down in the face of Ivan's comments.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:29:16 PM by Q13.1 »

Guzman

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »
The last 2 documentries i watched were,

Stronger Harder Faster, which is about the history of anabolic steroid usuage in the usa

and Dawg Fight, which is about the Florida street fighting scene, which Kimbo Slice originally came from.

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2016, 08:37:08 PM »
Rich Kids of Instagram

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/rich-kids-of-instagram

Sad vacuous twats.

Don't fail and go down the label route for reasons of personal recognition among your perceived piers.

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2016, 03:58:01 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jul/15/ross-kemp-fight-against-isis-review

Definitely worth a watch.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:00:28 AM by Q13.1 »

Guzman

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2017, 10:23:16 AM »
I watched The Red Pill last night.

Its a documentary where a feminist called Cassie Jaye explores the world of Mens Rights Activism.   That infamous feminist nicknamed "Big Red" gets interviewed on it at one time.   Dam.....that woman is just so full of hostile aggression even at the best of times.   I liked what Cassie Jaye said at the end though, she said "I dont know where im heading now with my beliefs, but all i know is what ive left behind.......i now no longer regard myself as a feminist".

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2017, 08:58:48 PM »
Timewatch.

It was about a group of Icelandic hippies who were arrested and, basically, tortured until they confessed to a couple of murders in the 70s.

By the time their convictions were quashed some of them were dead and the others had had their minds so messed up they didn't know what they had or hadn't done.

Assuming that they were totally innocent whoever it was responsible for the murders (or more accurately "disappearances" because the bodies were never found) remains free and unconvicted.

I don't think I have ever seen a Timewatch documentary that wasn't utterly compelling.