Author Topic: A sign of the times  (Read 459 times)

tequila_nic

Re: A sign of the times
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 10:12:03 AM »
'With that in mind, we have - in part - the liberalista to blame for extremism.'

I've been arguing this for years.

Nic

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 11:03:54 AM »

In my defence, I only advocate the culling of Nazi types, in the same way one would advocate the destruction of cancer cells in an otherwise healthy body. I accept that this position is not palatable for many and is contraversial and would never be enacted, leaving us with an ongoing problem of ever increasing hate and violence. With that in mind, we have - in part - the liberalista to blame for extremism.

So what you are  call Liberalista are partly to blame for these heinous killings  (and extremism) because 'culling Nazi types' is not part of our way of life.

If we were culling Nazi types don't you think there would be even more open warfare? Nazi types would not really be passive about this, would they?

Nazis were great fans of culls themselves which sort of puts you somewhere in their camp.

tequila_nic

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 11:26:10 AM »
So what you are  call Liberalista are partly to blame for these heinous killings 

Want to try that again :)

also your translation software is still adding those odd spaces

Nic

Visitor

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 11:46:19 AM »

also your translation software is still adding those odd spaces

You really do believe your own nonsense about me, don't you?  :ROFL:

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »

So what you are  call Liberalista are partly to blame for these heinous killings  (and extremism) because 'culling Nazi types' is not part of our way of life.

If we were culling Nazi types don't you think there would be even more open warfare? Nazi types would not really be passive about this, would they?

Nazis were great fans of culls themselves which sort of puts you somewhere in their camp.

So were communists. What's your point?

Sometimes problems do have to be dealt with pragmatically. The problem with the Nazi position is that they were culling decent innocent people. Culling those who wish to cull decent innocent people, is not a hypocrisy, it's a moral duty, and legitimate bid for survival.

No there wouldn't be more open warfare. There may be an initial conflict but it would be over in weeks. The thing about these hillbilly sister fuckers in the KKK et al, with their guns, is that they think the government is coming after them and they need to defend their 'liberty' If they really wanted to defend temselves against government they would need tanks, hellicopter gunships and tactical nuclear warheads in their front yards. They are basically playing toy soldiers, and only present a threat to decent innocent people. That's why they need to snapped down, and pronto.

Alizarin

• Brexshit means Brexshit
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 02:45:02 PM »
'With that in mind, we have - in part - the liberalista to blame for extremism.'

I've been arguing this for years.

Nic

You and a load of others.  Doesn't  mean you're right though.

tequila_nic

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 03:02:48 PM »
You and a load of others.  Doesn't  mean you're right though.

We'll see.  This is a long fight and it's only just started.

Nic

Groper

• A bachelor's life is no life for a single man
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2017, 05:21:54 PM »
Are we bored with terrorism now? Do we need a really big one to wake us up??

I'm beginning to find politicians rhetoric "We must stand together", "Terrorists won't stop us going about our daily business" nauseating. 

We want this to stop, not words.  The politicians haven't a clue what to do.

Alizarin

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2017, 06:17:22 PM »
We'll see.  This is a long fight and it's only just started.

Nic

The Islamic hate preachers are just a different side of the same conservative right wing coin as Nazis.  They are racist, power hungry and don't care who they trample on to get power, nationalistic, self-entitled, insular, hate-filled, patriarchal and regard themselves as wronged by the world. White supremacists believe they are God's people or science's master race, radical Muslims believe much the same without the psuedo science bit.

The decent liberal left does tolerate extreme conservativism too much.  Look at the US.  Why does it not outlaw the KKK?  It's a terrorist organisation.  It has a long history of violence and murder of American citizens. 

And I'll tell you something, IF the KKK's MO was to lynch white people, they'd have been outlawed decades ago. 

Yet the same right wing that bleats about liberals tolerating the extreme Islamic right wing, gets all huffy about civil liberties when the terrorist KKK are criticised or neo-Nazis are condemned. 

This has led to the ridiculous Orwellian bollocks that is now the norm under the right to argue that anti-fascists are 'morally the same as' fascists.  Has a single American anti-fascist lynched a single white person in retaliation for KKK atrocities? 

Believe you me, the right are very good at playing the PC card when it's their sacred cows.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:53:30 PM by Alizarin »

Alizarin

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »
I'm beginning to find politicians rhetoric "We must stand together", "Terrorists won't stop us going about our daily business" nauseating. 

We want a lot of things to stop.  Global famine, war, gross inequality, gross exploitation.  Murder, rape, human trafficking, child abuse. 

There is a solution, but it's a solution that would be morally on par with Stalin, Pol Pot and the Third Reich - or even worse.

Sometimes there aren't answers or the answers are too awful to contemplate.

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 10:09:32 AM »

Indeed. Strings of meaningless cliches, from the mouths of pathalogical liars is not going to make this problem go away. Do our leades really think that when extremists hear these words, they quake in their boots and start reconsidering their ideology? Do they think that when they see images of weeping millenials in parks sitting around with candles in the aftermath of an attack, they feel bad about their actions, and vow to never kill again??

No, the extrmeiss consider our leaders to be mass murderers and we te people to be fucking pussies, and they are right.

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 10:12:23 AM »
We want a lot of things to stop.  Global famine, war, gross inequality, gross exploitation.  Murder, rape, human trafficking, child abuse. 

There is a solution, but it's a solution that would be morally on par with Stalin, Pol Pot and the Third Reich - or even worse.

Sometimes there aren't answers or the answers are too awful to contemplate.

As that self serving prick Sadiq Khan announced, the threat of terrorism is just a day to day reality of living in any big city. Bascially, he was saying we should surrender.

tequila_nic

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 10:14:16 AM »
The Islamic hate preachers are just a different side of the same conservative right wing coin as Nazis. 

Odd you say that given the support these preachers get in the community and from people on the left like yourself.

If they were treated the same we wouldn't be in the shit we are currently in.

Nic

Visitor

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2017, 12:30:37 PM »
As that self serving prick Sadiq Khan announced, the threat of terrorism is just a day to day reality of living in any big city. Bascially, he was saying we should surrender.

Nonsense.
How can you mistake saying terrorism is a current hazard, which it is, although vastly exaggerated, for surrender?
Nobody is surrendering.

tequila_nic

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 12:47:34 PM »

Quite.

The rush of articles telling what 'we must do' for muslims if we want to stop them murdering people in the name of Islam is as depressing as it is predictable.

Nic