Author Topic: Donald Trump & Charlottesville  (Read 1397 times)

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
Re: Donald Trump & Charlottesville
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 10:15:11 AM »
I hope to God you are wrong but fear you may be right.

An "American Civil War 2" is an appalling prospect.

I hope I'm wrong too, but what lessons has history taught us about fascism?

No amount of rainbow flags and silly hashtags is going to defeat an army of tatooed angry, hateful men with automatic rifles and a willingness to take bullets for their cause, which due to their lack of intelligence, they believe is a genuinely righteous one. It's a very dangerous situation, and these people need snapping down PDQ. Forget North Korea.

Natural Mystic

• hello
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 11:41:43 AM »
Actually, I'm kinda heartened by that photo.  To me, it speaks, there's no hate.  That baby doesn't know what its supposed to hate, its just curious.   And the officer knows there's no hate from that baby.  To me it says, we're not born with hate and we are not born to hate.  They can stick swastikas all over that baby, it's not going to make it hate.
Oh I agree with you, just angry at the fucking parents

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 07:44:42 AM »
Should we pull down all statues of Winston Churchill because he was racist?
And, of course, of - there is one somewhere in London - General Smuts?

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 10:07:59 AM »
Should we pull down all statues of Winston Churchill because he was racist?
And, of course, of - there is one somewhere in London - General Smuts?

All white people should be rounded up and hung, because of their slave owning ancestors.

The world has gone fucking mad and everyone is a basically a c**t.

I notice there is some bullshit fucking candlelight vigil being held in Charlottesville. These fucking hippy twats really don't know who or what they are up against. What they experienced the other day was a call to arms. Too many pussies on the left, with no fight in them. That's why the right always prevails.

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 12:17:03 PM »
So fucking what you wanker?

Isn't it important knowing the provenance of a photo, especially one that maybe being used as propaganda; this photo was not from Charlottesville and not from now. It may or may not be useful for explaining the events in Charlottesville but best at least know it is not documentary evidence from there.

For others it might tell part of the story. For everyone knowing where & when it was taken might be informative.

One of the important features of the footage I saw was that people were not dressed up as KKK but in military style fatigues or in usual civvies. For me there were some seriously disturbing footage that was  completely unlike this photo so for me this photo was a distortion of the events.

Is that OK with you, your royal highness?

You think the red states have progressed beyond this since?

Eh? I don't think it is a question of 'the red states'. Or of any progression, either.

Or are you a christian funny with white supremacist tendencies you have yet to come out of the closet with

A lot of the time your ridiculousness merits no consideration let alone a civil reply.

with with your confused hatred of jews? You really are a case.

Eh? What can I say?! Try making some kind of sense.

Three posts on three threads, within minutes, all just defaming me. Don't you have better things to do?

Try thinking before you post your deranged nonsense.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:26:59 PM by Visitor »

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 12:23:58 PM »
Who would have though Racial Supremacism would come to the foreground of the good ol USA? As if it were somehow a new thing, too.

Their foreign policy is all about that and has been for yonks; their country is founded on it; their systems are grounded in it. The country stinks of it.

BUT some are opposed to it and many more than in the last serious outbreak of opposition to it.

Some are even opposed to what is behind it too.

I recommend the film 'I am not your negro'  if you think this current situation is war............for the footage and the words of Baldwin and the murders of the leaders.

Here is another lesson from him now he is a bit back in fashion.

! No longer available

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 07:11:42 PM »
Robert E. Lee was a brilliant General.
And the Confederates only lost by a whisker.
Sherman was a brutal bastard who spared no one.
Jefferson Davis was dominated by his household of women.

Alizarin

• Building a country that works or everyon
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 12:26:50 AM »
Robert E. Lee was a brilliant General.
And the Confederates only lost by a whisker.
Sherman was a brutal bastard who spared no one.
Jefferson Davis was dominated by his household of women.

Brilliant or not, he was fighting for the immoral repugnant concept of the right of wealthy plantation owners to own black people as chattel.  Likewise the working class white conscripts to his army weren't really fighting for the right for themselves to own black people as chattel, they were fighting for the wealthy plantation owners to do so.  Why employ the local working class when a slave will do it because they're beaten and killed if they won't?

Why did they spill their blood for the rich man's gain?

I tend to think the south celebrates the confederacy because the cultural big money and politics are descended from the slave owning classes.  Rather like our parliament being stuffed with the self-entitled descendants of families that have been at the heart of UK politics for centuries.

Alizarin

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 12:29:24 AM »
Flying the Confederacy flag is like flying the Nazi flag.

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2017, 09:48:08 AM »
Yes, you're right, of course.
And let us remind ourselves that slavery was alive and kicking when the founding fathers wrote the Costitution.
Although Jefferson, not very effectively, objected to slavery. I

Alizarin

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 02:06:49 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/17/trump-neo-nazis-antifa-moral-equivalence-tweets-charlottesville

I wonder if he said the same thing when they pulled down the statues of Lenin or Saddam. Of course he didn't - with the fascist/racist sympathising right it's not what they say it's what they don't say.  Not just who they condemn, it's also who they don't condemn.

"ah but...it's not the same thing..." says the right wing, with their phony moral comparisons. 

The statues of Confederate leaders ARE symbols of repression and totems of slavery and mass murder.  I'm sure there's quite a few people in Germany (and this country, for that matter) who'd like to put up a statue of Hitler to celebrate 'their' culture. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:21:29 PM by Alizarin »

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 02:28:23 PM »
Hmm ... a handy diversion from the North Korea diversion of the Russia story

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2017, 02:45:06 PM »
This is their karma...the US will destroy itself from within. What they did to others...slowly coming in to haunt them. A weaker America is great for world peace. It will even make clowns like Boris Johnson behave like a global statesman rather than a global corporate terrorst. 

oake

• 6f616b65
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 05:42:34 PM »
https://i2.wp.com/freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/files/2017/08/resignationletter.jpg?ssl=1

No idea whether it's genuine, but let's hope it is.

Not that it will make any difference, of course.

Groper

• A bachelor's life is no life for a single man
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2017, 05:25:02 PM »
This is their karma...the US will destroy itself from within. What they did to others...slowly coming in to haunt them. A weaker America is great for world peace. It will even make clowns like Boris Johnson behave like a global statesman rather than a global corporate terrorst.

What in the **** are you claptrapping about.

The US will destroy itself from within because the grossly misinformed putinbots like you believe everything a 400lb reality tv star tells him and get him elected.

Welcome to the nuthouse!