Author Topic: Donald Trump & Charlottesville  (Read 1042 times)

Sir Rocis de Liver

Re: Donald Trump & Charlottesville
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2017, 05:03:35 PM »
Enlighten me.
Is the above Stephens' nonsense (and Jefferson Davis' nonsense which is even more looney) taught in southern States' schools?
Isn't the present American educated to regard it as rubbish?
Surely, the Federal authorities would have something to say about it?

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
Re: Donald Trump & Charlottesville
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2017, 11:43:07 AM »
An interesting topic could be what is taught in US or Southern Schools, especially about race, slavery, history.

Some academics in the USA say the first year at University in any history course has to be spent debunking all the nonsense the student has 'learnt' earlier in school; unlearning it all.

Anybody who has an interest in Israel/Palestine can understand the need and the processes involved :ROFL:

Someone said that studying International Relations in the USA, for example, only meant concentrating on US Foreign Policy. As if that was the sum total of International Relations.... I know i know, that is all that counts :doh:

Recently  there has been a public fuss about Texas Schoolbooks; the book in question suggested that the Slaves were workers with skills in agriculture who immigrated to the States.  :doh:

Not a very accurate description of slavery some might say.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/22/opinion/how-texas-teaches-history.html?mcubz=1