Author Topic: What sort of 'Remoaner' are you? (Be honest)  (Read 83 times)

New World

• IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
What sort of 'Remoaner' are you? (Be honest)
« on: August 08, 2017, 11:41:20 AM »
I'm option 2. I actually hope Brexit succeeds and we find ourselves more prosperous, due to constructive and fruitful agreements with the EU and beyond. I will take no pleasure in being proved right on this one. There's too much a stake.

The reason I posted this poll, is because I get a sense from some sanctamonious remainers, that they feel an almost sexual pleasure whenever some expert or esteemed commentator warns of economic armageddon in the wake of a hard Brexit, and with a smug grin give it the "I told you so" almost as if they hope the country goes down the shitter and becomes a crime ridden tax haven run by street gangs and speculators, just so they can tel their kids in years to come "Well, I didn't vote for that"

bababarararacucucudadada

Re: What sort of 'Remoaner' are you? (Be honest)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:46:02 AM »
I hope Brexit works too but I don't think it will.

I think Brexit is and will continue to be a complete disaster.

My real hope is that the whole shebang implodes due to inherent, obvious crapness before it is too late to stop it from happening but that's probably just a pipe dream now.

Everything about it saddens me greatly.

Je

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »
Brexit can only succeed in the way shooting yourself in the foot can 'succeed': the damage may be limited and you might only have a slight limp; but a limp never did anyone any good; there's no such thing as a good limp.

And there is no way that going from being a major part of a powerful economic block... into being a more friendless and isolated 1% of the world... is going to 'succeed'. Its only a question of how bad the limp will be.

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 06:56:31 PM »
Remoaner? stupid word that kinda implies cutting all EU ties is for the best ... There isn't a way of making brexit a success unless you see booting out foreigners, ceasing cooperation with closest neighbours, removing rights of UK citizens, fucking over 99% of the people, setting off a nuke under the UK economy, gifting NHS to USA corps, granting PM far too much power, etc etc a good thing ..... 20 to 30 years to recover to worse state than before the vote worth it?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:05:30 PM by barky »