Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 1105 times)

tequila_nic

Re: BREXIT
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2017, 01:20:15 PM »
there is more than ONE kind of nationalism, it's not all blood & soil, anti-foreigner, hatred of the other nastiness -- does that register at all? Are you that fixed in your ways you think there's only ONE kind? --- sad if true!

No It's just I know what your nationalism is and I struggle to see the difference.

Nic

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2017, 02:39:39 PM »
But that's your choice

For me they are simply a set of brightly coloured socks of which I have many and for which I am well known for in the office.

Do you really believe it was only the socks which was the cause of this 'hatred' directed at you in the conference?

Do you think something else might have upset people there? Or just the socks?

Was it a sock get together?

(I have never seen your socks and I am warming to these guys btw  :ROFL:)

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »
many brainless feckers speaking in EU withdrawal bill right now, making shit up .... also some more realistic ones BUT I fear the lunatic sheep among MPs will green light 2nd reading of bill

tequila_nic

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2017, 10:15:41 AM »

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2017, 11:13:10 AM »
This Bill means that a minister can amend any of the transferred law without his/her amendment going through a Parliamentary debate and vote.
And, let us remind ourselves., that the Brexiteers voted 'to take back control'
You couldn't make it up.
And let us remind ourselves that 'control' is dependent on a bunch of homophobic hooligans who now call the shots.

tequila_nic

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2017, 11:24:41 AM »
And, let us remind ourselves., that the Brexiteers voted 'to take back control'

and this is what we are doing hence the vote in parliament.

Nic

whitesage

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 02:30:42 PM »
and this is what we are doing hence the vote in parliament.

Nic

Did you read the rest of his post? What they will be doing is undemocratic. I voted for brexit, but I can see the dangers that passing the new/our versions of the law without scrutiny from Parliament is dangerous and undemocratic.

tequila_nic

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »
Did you read the rest of his post? What they will be doing is undemocratic. I voted for brexit, but I can see the dangers that passing the new/our versions of the law without scrutiny from Parliament is dangerous and undemocratic.

How can it be undemocratic if it's being voted for by Parliament?

Nic

tequila_nic

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2017, 03:22:22 PM »
the bill

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39266723

It seems a lot of fuss over nothing given the changes will need to be made regardless of parliament (how can we have laws that refer to EU institutions) and should parliaments time simply be taken up with this minor administration detail (and it is a minor detail).

I can see why the remainers are complaining as they wanted to use this time to delay the transfer of EU laws to the statue books in a attempt to get the process to fail.

Nic

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2017, 03:26:04 PM »

Seriously?  :ROFL:

You mean you have not worked out by now that Parliaments can make undemocratic laws and enact undemocratic acts of Parliament?

How old are you?

plandalet

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2017, 03:29:16 PM »
the bill

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39266723

It seems a lot of fuss over nothing given the changes will need to be made regardless of parliament (how can we have laws that refer to EU institutions) and should parliaments time simply be taken up with this minor administration detail (and it is a minor detail).

I can see why the remainers are complaining as they wanted to use this time to delay the transfer of EU laws to the statue books in a attempt to get the process to fail.

Nic

Then why don't they give parliament the right to review any changes made by fiat? Giving the government a blank cheque to change the current law in any way it sees fit without parliamentary review smacks of dictatorship.

tequila_nic

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017, 03:46:52 PM »

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2017, 05:34:58 PM »
Waffle.
Shameless hussy.
Disloyal to her constituents.
She ignores the fact that present and future ministers now have undemocratic powers.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2017, 05:52:29 PM »

Nic
because it relegates any MP who isn't a Tory to a lesser class of MP unable to properly represent their constituents especially as all committees to push this bill through are to be majority Tory controlled .... bill should be re-written to reflect fact Torys don't have a majority & fact it dilutes devolution to benefit of Tory party ... people are rightly likening it to enabling act that brought in Nazis - can't trust Torys & their loyal poodles to not take advantage of the powers in bill & fuck everyone over.

Repeal bill goes way, way beyond remit set by a referendum that ONLY asked if UK should remain an EU member ... we were not asked if we wanted to be an economic basket case
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:55:19 PM by barky »

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2017, 04:00:29 PM »
the xenophobic trash woman was speaking in Florence today .... added nothing we didn't already know, spouted a few lies .... & now expects EU leaders to take UK more seriously ... crazy, delusional Theresa