Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 1095 times)

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
Re: BREXIT
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2017, 05:45:18 PM »
Scottish nationalism - it's nationalism but not as we all know it (honest :) )

anecdotal - I was in Glasgow a few months back for a conference and wore my 'English flag socks'

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Red-Striped-Union-Jack-Socks-5-Pack/131058368-Red?searchTerm=:relevance&searchProduct=&istCompanyId=07cf3c1d-7207-477f-aab0-212732e114dd&istItemId=xialqirtrw&istBid=tztx&mkwid=skAlC92hi_dc&pcrid=165743547011&pkw=&pmt=&med=Search&src=Google&adg=&kw=&cmp=GS+-+Men&adb_src=4-b23-c16

The hatred I received for doing such a thing was amazing.

So peddle your lies but I'll not buy them.

The socks don't have the English flag on them.
Are you sure it was the socks people hated you for?
Not other aspects of you?

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 06:20:36 PM »
The truth can be uncomfortable for some.

But do you fell sorry for the hatred I received for wearing the wrong socks?

Nic
don't believe your story for a second .... unless room was filled with 65+ year old bigots OR was just after an England/Scotland football game

Alizarin

• Building a country that works or everyon
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 12:48:24 AM »
Scottish nationalism - it's nationalism but not as we all know it (honest :) )

anecdotal - I was in Glasgow a few months back for a conference and wore my 'English flag socks'

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Red-Striped-Union-Jack-Socks-5-Pack/131058368-Red?searchTerm=:relevance&searchProduct=&istCompanyId=07cf3c1d-7207-477f-aab0-212732e114dd&istItemId=xialqirtrw&istBid=tztx&mkwid=skAlC92hi_dc&pcrid=165743547011&pkw=&pmt=&med=Search&src=Google&adg=&kw=&cmp=GS+-+Men&adb_src=4-b23-c16

The hatred I received for doing such a thing was amazing.

So peddle your lies but I'll not buy them.

Nic

Well, yeah, sure there's antipathy for the English in Scotland, but that doesn't mean Brexit isn't a pig's ear and that our government isn't fucking shit and sacrificing our economy on the alter of xenophobia!  Wee Jimmy has her faults from an English standpoint but is doing her best for Scotland - she's not a pathetic weak coward like May. 

Wee Jimmy would never allow herself to be held hostage by right wing tabloid editors.

Alizarin

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 12:54:01 AM »
The socks don't have the English flag on them.
Are you sure it was the socks people hated you for?
Not other aspects of you?

Well, there's 'that' as well.  Imagine bumping into a bloke with a 22k hifi who considers himself as on the true pulse of the working class but is a Tory and is obsessed with Islam.  And he's wearing St George socks in Scotland like some sort of demented sectarian Rangers fan.  You'd probably think he was about to launch into a chant of "No Surrender!" and unveil a poster of Ian Paisley.  He'd appear a bit of a reactionary prick, wouldn't he?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:04:53 AM by Alizarin »

tequila_nic

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2017, 09:05:24 AM »
don't believe your story for a second .... unless room was filled with 65+ year old bigots OR was just after an England/Scotland football game

Of course you don't.  It's hard to find a Nationalist who does admit it has a very ugly side.

Nic

tequila_nic

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2017, 09:06:27 AM »
Well, there's 'that' as well.  Imagine bumping into a bloke with a 22k hifi who considers himself as on the true pulse of the working class but is a Tory and is obsessed with Islam.  And he's wearing St George socks in Scotland like some sort of demented sectarian Rangers fan.  You'd probably think he was about to launch into a chant of "No Surrender!" and unveil a poster of Ian Paisley.  He'd appear a bit of a reactionary prick, wouldn't he?

They like you know nothing about me.  But the bile from both is quite amusing.

I can understand theirs as I can understand yours.

Nic
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:29:43 AM by tequila_nic »

Visitor

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2017, 11:02:41 AM »

As hard as I try, I can't imagine anybody at all, of any political persuasion or belief system finding any reason whatsoever to dislike Tequila. What would they find to dislike or hate?

Imagine the reverse of this situation he describes. A Scot deliberately comes to a conference south of the border and simply wants to provoke......using socks. :ROFL: Don't ever believe it was only socks in Tequila's armoury of provocation.

The weird thing is Tequila is closest of all the forum to being in tune with the English Nationalist movements; right wing, fascist, anti Muslim, supersensitive to slights against 'white English', thick, etc

Do these movements make socks?

tequila_nic

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2017, 11:24:48 AM »
Only a twat would see a pair of socks as a 'provocation'.

As I discovered to my dismay and faint amusement.

Nic
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:32:43 AM by tequila_nic »

Visitor

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2017, 11:45:43 AM »

Nic

I guess you just chose to wear them accidentally, without any thought as to which socks you put on, they could have been just as well your socks with a cartoon of Mohammed on them.

Visitor

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2017, 11:52:57 AM »
Tequila, tell us the whole story of the case of the English Flag Socks Go To Glasgow.

What happened? How did folk notice you were wearing them? What transpired?

It has all the makings of the most interesting story on here for AGES. Seriously. Try verbatim. With accents.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 12:30:31 PM by Visitor »

Alizarin

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2017, 02:42:49 PM »

Nic

Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in any clothing item based on the Union Jack or the St George's flag.  Especially not in Brexshit Britain.

tequila_nic

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2017, 02:54:18 PM »
Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in any clothing item based on the Union Jack or the St George's flag.  Especially not in Brexshit Britain.

But that's your choice

For me they are simply a set of brightly coloured socks of which I have many and for which I am well known for in the office.

Nic

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2017, 05:39:33 PM »
Of course you don't.  It's hard to find a Nationalist who does admit it has a very ugly side.

Nic
aye Ethnic nationalism as pedalled by the many brainwashed, the brexiteers, Tory party & Labour party has an extremely ugly side ... now far uglier than the UKIP mob ever were - edging towards EDL insanity & the blood & soil shite I hate ... have NO TIME for ethnic nationalism, it's a cancer that needs removed

tequila_nic

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »
aye Ethnic nationalism

So you''re redefining Nationalism to exclude your nationalism :)

the gymnastics on display here are fantastic to behold.

Nic

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2017, 11:06:45 AM »
So you''re redefining Nationalism to exclude your nationalism :)

the gymnastics on display here are fantastic to behold.

Nic
there is more than ONE kind of nationalism, it's not all blood & soil, anti-foreigner, hatred of the other nastiness -- does that register at all? Are you that fixed in your ways you think there's only ONE kind? --- sad if true!