Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 1096 times)

Alizarin

• Building a country that works or everyon
Re: BREXIT
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 02:15:28 AM »
Weak and Wobbly has delivered a rebuke of sorts.  A sort of rebuke that is designed to not upset the racist/fascist sympathising readership of the popular right wing press.

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 04:27:53 PM »
Will EU citizens working here ( and those who come after the new trade deal/ immigration arrangements have been finalised) be subject to ECJ rulings etc. or only have access to British law.
And where does this put British subjects working in the EU, post Brexit?
Are May's extra large Marks and Spencer knickers well and truly in a twist?

Groper

• A bachelor's life is no life for a single man
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 09:18:26 PM »
BREXIT is by definition 'up sh!t creek without a paddle'

Alizarin

• Building a country that works or everyon
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 12:54:21 AM »
BREXIT is by definition 'up sh!t creek without a paddle'

A Brexiter writes:  Now now, chin up, we don't need a paddle for shit creek, we have Spitfires, Hurricanes, Lady Di, Michael Caine, Gordon Banks, pounds and ounces, Lady Goddiva, Richard the Lionheart, Oliver Cromwell, Elizabeth the first, Nelson, cricket, the Raj, the SAS, Mersey Beat, Winston Churchill, Bucks Fizz, Roger Banister, Morecambe and Wise, Sir Francis Drake, Torvil and Dean, Shakespeare, Gilbert and Sullivan, the Glorious 12th, Noel Coward, Noel Edmunds, Noel Gallagher....

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 12:32:57 PM »
A Brexiter writes:  Now now, chin up, we don't need a paddle for shit creek, we have Spitfires, Hurricanes, Lady Di, Michael Caine, Gordon Banks, pounds and ounces, Lady Goddiva, Richard the Lionheart, Oliver Cromwell, Elizabeth the first, Nelson, cricket, the Raj, the SAS, Mersey Beat, Winston Churchill, Bucks Fizz, Roger Banister, Morecambe and Wise, Sir Francis Drake, Torvil and Dean, Shakespeare, Gilbert and Sullivan, the Glorious 12th, Noel Coward, Noel Edmunds, Noel Gallagher....
lol ... can't rely on nostalgia to keep an economy going

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
......and Richard Madely and midwives on bicycles in country lanes.

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2017, 12:19:28 PM »
Ha Ha Ha
Davis is, as I post, making a complete idiot of himself.
Are the Brexiteers watching?

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2017, 07:27:52 PM »
We are apparently going to pay 50bn to Brexit.

We are going to pay huge money to not access to one of the biggest markets in the world.

It is utterly barmy for many reasons but that has to be the most glaring.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 08:50:22 PM by bababarararacucucudadada »

Sir Rocis de Liver

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2017, 08:29:25 PM »
We do have contractual and, therefore legal obligations.
Such as EU employees' pensions, rental contracts and other 'household' commitments.
The devil is in the detail of abandoning our membership.
But of course little old empire-minded, racist ladies and gentlemen in Eastbourne, say, didn't consider the implications of leaving a huge market.
And they were encouraged not to think of these matters by those who led the Brexit campaign.
Ignorance was bliss.

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 03:29:39 PM »

"We might as well call it what it is. Britain is prepared to sabotage its own economy in order to stop foreigners from living here. It is happening because the demands of xenophobes are now the primary motivating force of government policy."

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2017/09/06/nationalism-is-turning-britain-into-a-basket-case

:nooo:  I really do despise this idiotic separatist style basket case nationalism that the feckin Torys now follow .... UKIP on steroids with total disregard for consequences

tequila_nic

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 03:33:30 PM »
I really do despise this idiotic separatist style basket case nationalism that the feckin Torys now follow

But you love the Scottish nationalism.

Nic

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 03:50:33 PM »
But you love the Scottish nationalism.

Nic
hardly a relevant comment as civic nationalism is complete opposite of the isolationist blood & soil nationalism that's emanating from the brexiteer lunatics .... no hatred of the foreigner dominating things here!

tequila_nic

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2017, 04:02:05 PM »
hardly a relevant comment as civic nationalism is complete opposite of the isolationist blood & soil nationalism that's emanating from the brexiteer lunatics .... no hatred of the foreigner dominating things here!

Scottish nationalism - it's nationalism but not as we all know it (honest :) )

anecdotal - I was in Glasgow a few months back for a conference and wore my 'English flag socks'

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Red-Striped-Union-Jack-Socks-5-Pack/131058368-Red?searchTerm=:relevance&searchProduct=&istCompanyId=07cf3c1d-7207-477f-aab0-212732e114dd&istItemId=xialqirtrw&istBid=tztx&mkwid=skAlC92hi_dc&pcrid=165743547011&pkw=&pmt=&med=Search&src=Google&adg=&kw=&cmp=GS+-+Men&adb_src=4-b23-c16

The hatred I received for doing such a thing was amazing.

So peddle your lies but I'll not buy them.

Nic

barky

• Design Consultant
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2017, 04:19:00 PM »
Scottish nationalism - it's nationalism but not as we all know it (honest :) )

anecdotal - I was in Glasgow a few months back for a conference and wore my 'English flag socks'

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Red-Striped-Union-Jack-Socks-5-Pack/131058368-Red?searchTerm=:relevance&searchProduct=&istCompanyId=07cf3c1d-7207-477f-aab0-212732e114dd&istItemId=xialqirtrw&istBid=tztx&mkwid=skAlC92hi_dc&pcrid=165743547011&pkw=&pmt=&med=Search&src=Google&adg=&kw=&cmp=GS+-+Men&adb_src=4-b23-c16

The hatred I received for doing such a thing was amazing.

So peddle your lies but I'll not buy them.

Nic
stay retarded on this subject then, play ostrich ... I actually feel a bit sorry for you

tequila_nic

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2017, 04:40:24 PM »
stay retarded on this subject then, play ostrich ... I actually feel a bit sorry for you

The truth can be uncomfortable for some.

But do you fell sorry for the hatred I received for wearing the wrong socks?

Nic