Author Topic: Toughest Sportsman?  (Read 676 times)

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
Re: Toughest Sportsman?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 11:44:48 PM »
I'm just thinking of people like jockeys and cyclists who face awful consequences when they come a cropper, and they all do at some time or another, and then compete or try to even when they quite obviously shouldn't.

How much must it hurt to cycle up a mountain with cracked vertebrae? It's probably bloody agony when they aren't damaged... I can't even comprehend the mindset. I'd be whimpering somewhere calling for gas and air, steroids, morphine, anything it took and demanding constant care and attention.

TT Riders. Nut jobs.

tequila_nic

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 11:10:26 AM »
TT Riders. Nut jobs.

TT Riders are mental but I wouldn't say tough

Nic

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2017, 01:24:37 PM »
TT Riders are mental but I wouldn't say tough

Nic

I said tough because barbar mentioned sports injuries and these guys have at least one bit of metal in them.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 10:39:52 PM »
Which is what I said - "Those type of clothes are worn when skating or riding because they are functional and allow you the necessary movement to skate or ride." and you disagreed and said they wear lycra for some strange reason.

Why? What harms does it do you if someone dresses in a particular way for whatever reason? As I said before, you're displaying a very conservative attitude here.

Clearly you have spent way too much time looking up to said fellows.
You just do not want to admit that you lost dumb tarts to them, when you know now that you were then and are still a better man!

When I say Lycra, I mean general synthetic fibre based sportswear. Most shit has at least some Lycra in it.

I would hazard a guess that the Puma top sported by the known child abuser on the board above contains some Lycra.

As for spotting another's attitude, I don't refer to it much here, but it was something in Door staff training and self defence. Watching for how people hold themselves to gauge an attitude and level of confidence.

It can be invaluable to know how to do this to calm situations before they start.

I said tough because barbar mentioned sports injuries and these guys have at least one bit of metal in them.

I don't think sports injuries are a reliable indicator of toughness at all. Certain individuals can weather them better. Of course being fit, healthy, strong and well exercised can be helpful for recovery and coping with injury, but there still are boxers who have a glass jaw. 

It reminds me of a tool I worked with who thought that footballers who broke their ankles and femur indicated that they were tougher than rugby players.

It is a horrific and usually career altering injury, but simply having that happen to one, does not make one hard as fucking nails.

Footballers are all pansies anyway. They can only do anything when they have the rest of the team to back them up.   

V8

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »
When I say Lycra, I mean general synthetic fibre based sportswear. Most shit has at least some Lycra in it.

I would hazard a guess that the Puma top sported by the known child abuser on the board above contains some Lycra.

Lol. You're so full of shit. You said "actual pros wear standard lycra athletic clothes" which his clothes plainly aren't as they're clearly baggy and lacking in lycra which makes clothes tight-fitting. I'd hazard a guess the t-shirt it's 100% cotton like all their t-shirts.