Author Topic: Toughest Sportsman?  (Read 665 times)

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
Re: Toughest Sportsman?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 10:30:06 AM »
Misery guts! Did you never ride a BMX or skate in your youth Sven?

I did both as a kid!

In seriousness, I have never liked the whole skate scene.
It's "ok" for teenagers and kids. I mean sure kids like to play and do dangerous play.

People who do it past 25 or so, and still slope around in baggy jeans and related fashion, while making out they are still some kind of bad arse get on my tits.

Sven has been skating all his life V8. On thin ice ;)

:P

V8

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 11:56:54 AM »
I did both as a kid!

In seriousness, I have never liked the whole skate scene.
It's "ok" for teenagers and kids. I mean sure kids like to play and do dangerous play.

People who do it past 25 or so, and still slope around in baggy jeans and related fashion, while making out they are still some kind of bad arse get on my tits.

:P

I can't say I've ever encountered any skaters who thought they were bad arse. I hung around with quite a few skaters when I used to ride BMX, and while some of them had an attitude they were generally all OK. I wasn't aware there was a age limit for riding though, surely if you get something out of it and enjoy the sport and are still able to participate at any age that's not a bad thing.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 12:14:42 PM »
I can't say I've ever encountered any skaters who thought they were bad arse. I hung around with quite a few skaters when I used to ride BMX, and while some of them had an attitude they were generally all OK. I wasn't aware there was a age limit for riding though, surely if you get something out of it and enjoy the sport and are still able to participate at any age that's not a bad thing.

It's not the riding/skating per se.

It's the still behaving like a teenager. Think guys who want to be Steve O.

I know that is not confined to skaters, but it particularly gets on my tits to see a man closer to 40 than to 20 still wearing a pair of baggy jeans, lugging a board around and expecting "respect".

V8

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »
It's not the riding/skating per se.

It's the still behaving like a teenager. Think guys who want to be Steve O.

I know that is not confined to skaters, but it particularly gets on my tits to see a man closer to 40 than to 20 still wearing a pair of baggy jeans, lugging a board around and expecting "respect".

Sounds like you're projecting about the respect bit Sven, how can you even tell just from what someone's wearing as to what they are expecting? Those type of clothes are worn when skating or riding because they are functional and allow you the necessary movement to skate or ride.

i'm surprised at your rather conservative attitude Sven, I thought you'd be a bit more liberal about those kind of things.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 07:44:01 PM »
Sounds like you're projecting about the respect bit Sven, how can you even tell just from what someone's wearing as to what they are expecting? Those type of clothes are worn when skating or riding because they are functional and allow you the necessary movement to skate or ride.

i'm surprised at your rather conservative attitude Sven, I thought you'd be a bit more liberal about those kind of things.

How is that projecting you cheeky wench!

And no those clothes do not!
 Baggy jeans get in the way, for actual pros, actual pros wear standard lycra athletic clothes, not baggy shit like they have just been thrown out of a blink 182 show.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 07:57:57 PM »
Oh and toughest sportsmen and women will always be MMA fighters.

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 08:55:45 PM »
Oh and toughest sportsmen and women will always be MMA fighters.

You may well be right.

I can't help but think that they are a breed apart though (count boxers in that number too and any other fight variant) because combat is what it is about and there will obviously be pain and danger which you have to expect if you even think of taking part and I have massive respect for anybody who sets foot in a boxing ring, for instance. They are far braver than me and that all goes for the MMA crowd too. On that basis I'd like to exclude them and focus on the non-combat sports.

As an example of sheer dumb obstinate bravery I'd like to nominate Irishman Dan Martin who finished the Tour de France with two fractured vertebrae.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dan-martin-diagnosed-with-two-fractured-vertebrae-after-tour-de-france-top-10/

V8

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 10:48:17 PM »
How is that projecting you cheeky wench!

And no those clothes do not!
 Baggy jeans get in the way, for actual pros, actual pros wear standard lycra athletic clothes, not baggy shit like they have just been thrown out of a blink 182 show.

Lycra? I've not seen anyone wear lycra at the xgames, and that's about as professional as bmx and skating gets.

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me

V8

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 09:50:12 AM »

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 11:27:03 AM »
Lycra? I've not seen anyone wear lycra at the xgames, and that's about as professional as bmx and skating gets.

Yes and that fellow does not look like a Lost Profits show attendee.

I am not say he does not rape kids of course!
But there he is dressed appropriately for skating.

I object to all fuckers who try to act way younger than they are to fit in with kids, but especially skaters as in my experience they tend to expect others to think one is a tough guy for rolling around and hanging out at skate parks. This is a combination of laughable and immature.

I object to old leather waistcoat wearing biker wannabes for similar reasons.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:38:48 AM by Sven »

Sven

• Goran Sphincter

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 11:37:15 AM »
You may well be right.

I can't help but think that they are a breed apart though (count boxers in that number too and any other fight variant) because combat is what it is about and there will obviously be pain and danger which you have to expect if you even think of taking part and I have massive respect for anybody who sets foot in a boxing ring, for instance. They are far braver than me and that all goes for the MMA crowd too. On that basis I'd like to exclude them and focus on the non-combat sports.

As an example of sheer dumb obstinate bravery I'd like to nominate Irishman Dan Martin who finished the Tour de France with two fractured vertebrae.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dan-martin-diagnosed-with-two-fractured-vertebrae-after-tour-de-france-top-10/

When you ask the question, "Who are the toughest sportsmen?" you are implying that toughness is a requirement of said chosen sports discipline.

Unless of course you mean individuals who are tough, also sportsmen, and demonstrated that toughness through their sport even when toughness is not a specific requirement.

The former is not a wholly reliable indicator of toughness.

Also old wannabe skaters should be jailed.

V8

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 02:16:57 PM »
But there he is dressed appropriately for skating.

Which is what I said - "Those type of clothes are worn when skating or riding because they are functional and allow you the necessary movement to skate or ride." and you disagreed and said they wear lycra for some strange reason.

I object to all fuckers who try to act way younger than they are to fit in with kids, but especially skaters as in my experience they tend to expect others to think one is a tough guy for rolling around and hanging out at skate parks. This is a combination of laughable and immature.

Why? What harms does it do you if someone dresses in a particular way for whatever reason? As I said before, you're displaying a very conservative attitude here.

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 09:39:15 PM »
When you ask the question, "Who are the toughest sportsmen?" you are implying that toughness is a requirement of said chosen sports discipline.

Unless of course you mean individuals who are tough, also sportsmen, and demonstrated that toughness through their sport even when toughness is not a specific requirement.

The former is not a wholly reliable indicator of toughness.

Also old wannabe skaters should be jailed.

I'm just thinking of people like jockeys and cyclists who face awful consequences when they come a cropper, and they all do at some time or another, and then compete or try to even when they quite obviously shouldn't.

How much must it hurt to cycle up a mountain with cracked vertebrae? It's probably bloody agony when they aren't damaged... I can't even comprehend the mindset. I'd be whimpering somewhere calling for gas and air, steroids, morphine, anything it took and demanding constant care and attention.