Author Topic: The Deerhunter  (Read 64 times)

bababarararacucucudadada

The Deerhunter
« on: July 15, 2017, 09:37:59 AM »
The Deerhunter kept me up until 0330 last night (it was on TCM).

It is one of those movies I had never actually seen despite owning it on VHS, which in the meantime has become obsolete, of course, where it has sat on my shelf for years gathering dust.

(Similarly I also watched The Big Lebowski for the first time this week.)

Sufice it to say I should have watched it ages ago. What a film!

Anyway that aside I have a few films sitting there waiting to be watched: Rush; There Will Be Blood; Trainspotting 2; The Imaginarium Of Dr Parnassus; Angels & Demons; The Colour Purple; O Brother Where Art Thou?

So here's 4 matters arising:

1. What film did you not watch until it was waaaaaaaaay past its time that really blew you away when you did?
2. Which of those films should I make an extra special effort to watch because it really is very good?
3. Conversely: "Don't watch that it's crap."
4. Which films do you have sitting around that you have never bothered to watch despite intending to?

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
Re: The Deerhunter
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:23:11 PM »
The Deerhunter kept me up until 0330 last night (it was on TCM).

It is one of those movies I had never actually seen despite owning it on VHS, which in the meantime has become obsolete, of course, where it has sat on my shelf for years gathering dust.

(Similarly I also watched The Big Lebowski for the first time this week.)

Sufice it to say I should have watched it ages ago. What a film!

Anyway that aside I have a few films sitting there waiting to be watched: Rush; There Will Be Blood; Trainspotting 2; The Imaginarium Of Dr Parnassus; Angels & Demons; The Colour Purple; O Brother Where Art Thou?

So here's 4 matters arising:

1. What film did you not watch until it was waaaaaaaaay past its time that really blew you away when you did?
2. Which of those films should I make an extra special effort to watch because it really is very good?
3. Conversely: "Don't watch that it's crap."
4. Which films do you have sitting around that you have never bothered to watch despite intending to?

I usually see older films not long after I hear about them.

But El Topo.
The cult film to end all cult films.