Author Topic: I have the guts to say this .2  (Read 649 times)

bababarararacucucudadada

Re: I have the guts to say this .2
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »
Now now.

I dropped the C bomb for effect. I'm trying to emphasise to you in language that you understand exactly how bad a mistake it is. A 6 year old child should know better. "Of" isn't even the right word. It isn't even the right type of word. It could not be wronger nor could you make yourself look much worse.

In philosophy there is a strategy known as reductio ad absurdum (or something like that - my Latin is probably even worse than your English). RAA (as it is often abbreviated) means taking a theory and exaggerating it until its logic collapses within its own terms. In a way that is what I am trying to do here. I am exaggerating hugely to try to get a point understood. Sadly I am failing. But I will persist in trying. Obviously you have picked up on the "it isn't how it is written that matters" and "you called me a c**t" (with some justification even if the points you make in reply are irrelevant) and various other things too so you are not fundamentally beyond hope.

None of them are the central point though. They are all smokescreens. Diversions. Denials. None of which address the core point.

You make some quite long posts that try to present a flow of logic within a theme. This is good. It shows that you care and want to engage. I care and want to engage too. I want you to be the best you you can be but all I see is somebody letting themselves down.

Ever seen The Karate Kid?

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2017, 01:43:11 PM »
You know what......Im just gonna make this as a reply

Read some history? Always a good idea........

Recent history? I'd mention Dylann Roof and his murderous callousness and his use of the Confederate Flag. Just that would give someone liking the flag some pause you'd have thought. I've mentioned the use of the flag specifically against those fighting for civil rights in the 50s and 60s..........now go back to the beginnings of the Confederacy .

At the time they wanted a flag to represent what they were and what they were fighting for..... it wasn't this particular flag but in the talk of what they wanted the flag to represent ALL kinds of repulsive stuff was written.

Here's a taste.

As a people, we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause.”

Thompson understood the Confederate Cause. Like Vice-President Alexander Stephens explained two years before: “its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition.”

That's some of the background of what A flag representing the Confederate cause would or could stand for........

http://www.thiscruelwar.com/william-thompson-the-confederate-cause-and-the-white-mans-flag/

Now to the Civil War and the idea that slavery only entered at the end of the war as part of the whole damn thing.....

Take a look

! No longer available

As to other things..... calling someone an sjw........as an insult!!.......How did someone wanting Social Justice become automatically a bad thing?.......

You'd have thought otherwise ::) under normal conditions  :ROFL:

The owner of the store thought the woman was right; he had the stock of Confederate rugs removed, told the supplier to send no more, rebuked and suspended the abusive staff saying they were blatantly wrong in how they behaved......APOLOGISED........

You'd have thought, even were the woman 100% wrong customer service protocols would not allow her to be so treated.......

THAT'S ALL FOLKS.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2017, 06:12:27 PM »
Read some history? Always a good idea........

Recent history? I'd mention Dylann Roof and his murderous callousness and his use of the Confederate Flag. Just that would give someone liking the flag some pause you'd have thought. I've mentioned the use of the flag specifically against those fighting for civil rights in the 50s and 60s..........now go back to the beginnings of the Confederacy .

At the time they wanted a flag to represent what they were and what they were fighting for..... it wasn't this particular flag but in the talk of what they wanted the flag to represent ALL kinds of repulsive stuff was written.

Here's a taste.

That's some of the background of what A flag representing the Confederate cause would or could stand for........

http://www.thiscruelwar.com/william-thompson-the-confederate-cause-and-the-white-mans-flag/

Now to the Civil War and the idea that slavery only entered at the end of the war as part of the whole damn thing.....

Take a look

! No longer available

As to other things..... calling someone an sjw........as an insult!!.......How did someone wanting Social Justice become automatically a bad thing?.......

You'd have thought otherwise ::) under normal conditions  :ROFL:

The owner of the store thought the woman was right; he had the stock of Confederate rugs removed, told the supplier to send no more, rebuked and suspended the abusive staff saying they were blatantly wrong in how they behaved......APOLOGISED........

You'd have thought, even were the woman 100% wrong customer service protocols would not allow her to be so treated.......

THAT'S ALL FOLKS.

How come you think it is OK to laugh at people with learning disabilities?

It does not matter what they are saying, but laughing at them because of issues with writing and expression is a form of prejudice, some would argue, just as cruel as racially based prejudice.

This is the thing with you, you slimy little chickenshit.
You think that you can do or say what you want, and are above criticism due to you thinking you are better than others.

Visitor

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2017, 07:14:02 PM »
I wasn't aware I was doing what you claim, Sven.

Apologies to anybody who thought I was.

tequila_nic

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2017, 07:59:30 PM »
I wasn't aware I was doing what you claim, Sven.

Apologies to anybody who thought I was.

Fuck you.

Nic

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2017, 08:04:19 PM »
I wasn't aware

Good paraphrase vis. You have summed yourself up nicely.

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2017, 07:41:40 PM »
Why is anyone offended by the Confederate Flag?

Perhaps it's the associations that come with it.

barky

• Design Consultant
  • Ethnic Nationalism is a Cancer
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2017, 07:57:48 PM »
Why is anyone offended by the Confederate Flag?

Perhaps it's the associations that come with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston_church_shooting

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2017, 11:06:24 PM »
How come you think it is OK to laugh at people with learning disabilities?

It does not matter what they are saying, but laughing at them because of issues with writing and expression is a form of prejudice, some would argue, just as cruel as racially based prejudice.

This is the thing with you, you slimy little chickenshit.
You think that you can do or say what you want, and are above criticism due to you thinking you are better than others.

He is just a fucking little prick. Yet to grow up and realise it. One day he will and he will suffer beyond his imagination.

Guzman

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2017, 09:28:34 PM »

Visitor

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »
He is just a fucking little prick. Yet to grow up and realise it. One day he will and he will suffer beyond his imagination.

If you say so, cutie.

I find it fairly bizarre that I am taken to task for something I did not do but there is an example on the thread of what I am accused of that gets no censure.  :ROFL:

Who prepared this particular wicket?