Author Topic: ABs v Lions  (Read 82 times)

bababarararacucucudadada

ABs v Lions
« on: July 01, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »
9-9 @ HT. Bucketing down with rain. Nobody can catch a high ball. Ref on top of the breakdowns (but not scrum feeds). Lions edging line-outs. Sonny Boy Williamson sent off for the cheapest of cheap shots imaginable. ABs probably rueing the pen that hit the post (and SBW's cowardly idiocy). All to play for.

Return of the Mac

• The 140 character man
Re: ABs v Lions
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 11:33:14 AM »
Did you watch it Barbs?

I will watch it later. 3rd Test will be the decider.

Did you know that Sonny Bill Williams is a heavyweight boxer? The last All Black to do another sport  was Jeff Wilson. He played cricket and rugby for NZ.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:56:50 AM by Return of the Mac »

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 12:04:37 PM »
I understand the lions win is something quite special the ABs not being beaten at since 2009.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 02:41:17 PM by Q13.1 »

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 03:06:09 PM »
Did you watch it Barbs?

I will watch it later. 3rd Test will be the decider.

Did you know that Sonny Bill Williams is a heavyweight boxer? The last All Black to do another sport  was Jeff Wilson. He played cricket and rugby for NZ.

I was watching.

What a game!

14 man ABs started the 2nd half like they were determined not to loose. Basically played a slightly more expansive version of Pontypool's old 9-man rugby and won pen after pen. Luckily their kicker had an off day but they still rumbled up to an 18-9 lead.

Then Vunipola got yellowed, Falatau brilliantly bulldozed over in the corner and it all happened. Another great Lions try, Murray this time, and a late pen by Farrell was enough.

Maro Itoje was sensational for the Lions; almost a one-man team. SBW MotM for the ABs, obvs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:09:06 PM by bababarararacucucudadada »