Author Topic: Glastonbury 2017  (Read 925 times)

tequila_nic

Re: Glastonbury 2017
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2017, 11:58:30 AM »
A post full of antisemitic tropes and you expect a serious reply?

You are a great example of the hate most sane people have problems with the BDS campaign,  and amply display the hate that follows it around.

Nic
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:31:06 PM by tequila_nic »

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2017, 12:40:43 PM »
Tequila, which side of the divide are you on regarding whether Roger Waters is or is not an antisemite?

Do you agree with V8
No, it's not like calling him an anti-semite at all, I've never done that and don't believe he is

or Adam Milstein and friends that he is?

Visitor

« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2017, 12:42:21 PM »
A post full of antisemitic tropes and you expect a serious reply?

Which particular statements are you objecting to? Be specific.

Visitor

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2017, 02:46:24 PM »
It is.  The issues with the BDS campaign and antisemitism are well documented and why people would want to be associated with this KNOWING these issues exist should raise some pertinent questions to those who are interested.

Whose word should I take seriously? Someone I admire as a great and brave and honourable Jewish Israeli thoughtful guy, who V8 has already linked to in this thread, or Tequila nic whom I have nothing but contempt for?
 Difficult choice!  :ROFL:

If someone contradicts the prevalent Israeli narrative, the easiest method to get that view dismissed out of hand is use the simple tactic of calling out 'antisemite'. How the brazen tactic works so successfully for so many is a mystery.

Gideon Levy: Israelis must stand up and say: 'We're all BDS supporters'
! No longer available

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:02:14 PM by Visitor »

Visitor

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2017, 02:57:58 PM »
I know it is useless TO TRY TO GET ANY ENGAGEMENT ON THIS but......
   Last night the Ha’aretz columnist Gideon Levy gave a thrilling speech describing the brutal tyranny of the occupation, the inevitability of the one-state solution, and the necessity of boycott and sanctions to cause Israel to change its conduct at the Greenburgh Town Hall in Westchester County, N.Y.

It was a thrilling speech, depressingly excellent in its content I would say. It started dramatically and never lost its potency. It was also, now that I think of it, mercifully short as Levy said what needed to be said in about 25 minutes, and this under constant attack, pressure from the field of well-experienced hecklers whose goal it was to disrupt the entire proceedings.

Levy cuts a fine figure in his blue sports jacket and jeans, his attire brightened by a red scarf hanging open around his neck which he wore when speaking. The disrupters, essentially 5 or 6 women sprinkled throughout the audience, had already made their presence known, and in kind of warm-up for Levy, had tried to unhinge Suhail Khaliliah and Aleen Masoud’s remarks, constantly interrupting both, with the event’s chair and peacekeepers unable to contain their outbursts. Frankly, in most other settings, after the first intemperate – and openly racist comments – the likes of these would have been and should have been thrown out of the room on their ample butts, but they weren’t. As a result, they gained confidence and their interruptions became more frequent.

In the midst of this growing chaos, Gideon Levy got up to speak. One of the meshugginah’s stood in the back of the room with a post that read “Levy = Hate.” Nice welcome, no? To a standing ovation from most in the room, peppered with outbursts from the meshuggenehs, Levy  began his remarks, drawing the audience’s attention to that poster, noting that it was true that he “hated” certain things. And then with a clarity and calm – that kind of controlled rage – that typifies his many writings on the Occupation itself, he let loose with the first of several well-aimed salvos. He began:

I would like to thank the distinguished lady in the back who is holding the poster. There it is. [Everyone in the audience turned round to look]. It’s one of the most precise and reliable posters I’ve ever seen in my life. Levy = Hate. Yes, I hate the Occupation; I hate racism; I hate ignorance and above all I hate the brainwashing which makes those ignorant people take such positions.

read all about it
http://fpif.org/haaretz-journalist-gideon-levy-reviled-at-new-york-bds-appearance/

view the footage

! No longer available

FULL LINK http://mondoweiss.net/2015/10/facing-hecklers-gideon/

Visitor

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2017, 04:44:37 PM »
You should take more interest in Israel.

Israel influences our laws.........attempting to make support for BDS illegal in the States, even......trying to change our law on antisemitism......but it goes MUCH wider.

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.807941

Here is another fabulously instructive noble Israeli Jew. Listen to him.

Europe Must Not Buy What Israel Is Selling to Combat Terror
Israel has managed to turn 50 years of Palestinian resistance to occupation into a cottage industry, and is now selling the concept of a police state to the world

What Israel is urging onto the Europeans – and Americans, Canadians, Indians, Mexicans, Australians and anyone else who will listen – is nothing less than an entirely new concept of a state, the Security State.

What is a Security State? Essentially, it is a state that places security above all else, certainly above democracy, due process of law and human rights, all of which it considers “liberal luxuries” in a world awash in terrorism. Israel presents itself, no less, than the model for countries of the future. You Europeans and others should not be criticizing us, say Katz and Netanyahu, you should be imitating us. For look at what we have done. We have created a vibrant democracy from the Mediterranean to the Jordan River that provides its citizens with a flourishing economy and personal security – even though half the population of that country are terrorists (i.e., non-citizen Palestinians living in isolated enclaves of the country). If we can achieve that, imagine what we can offer those of you threatened by terrorist attacks?
In a brilliant shift in imaging, Israel has managed to turn 50 years of Palestinian resistance to occupation into a cottage industry. By labeling it “terrorism,” it has not only delegitimized the Palestinian struggle but has transformed the occupied territories in a laboratory of counterinsurgency and population control, the cutting edges of both foreign wars and domestic repression. It has transformed tactics of control and their accompanying weapons of surveillance systems into marketable products. No wonder, as Netanyahu constantly reminds us, “the world” loves Israel. From China to Saudi Arabia, from India to Mexico, from Eritrea to Kazakhstan, Israel supplies the means by which repressive regimes control their restless peoples.

An everyday story
The EU wants Israel not to be so vile. ::)

Israel must rebuild the two modular Palestinian schools it demolished, the European Union said as it condemned the IDF actions against illegal Palestinian and Beduin construction in Area C of the West Bank.

“Every child has the right to safe access to education and states have an obligation to protect, respect and fulfill this right, by ensuring that schools are inviolable safe spaces for children,” the EU said on Thursday in a statement put out by its offices in Jerusalem and Ramallah.

It spoke up after the Civil Administration demolished a modular kindergarten on Sunday in the Beduin herding village of  Badu al-Baba near the town of al-Eizariya just outside of Jerusalem. On Tuesday it took down a modular elementary school in the Palestinian village of Jubbet ad-Dib close to Bethlehem.

Both schools were built with EU funding, but without permits, which are difficult for Palestinians to obtain from the Civil Administration.

Parent Fadia Awash, who also head the Woman’s Society from the nearby Palestinian town of Beit Tamir said the school had been built on private Palestinian property. It was designed to service local children who otherwise were walking three kilometers to the nearest school.

On Wednesday and Thursday, many of the 80 school children originally designated to the school arrived at the site anyway for class.

A tent has been placed on one of the cement slabs where the modular classroom had stood.

Awash said their former school had refused to register them. As of Thursday afternoon, she said, no alternative school had been found for the children.

The EU called on Israel to “halt demolitions and confiscations of Palestinian houses and property in accordance with its obligations as an occupying power under international humanitarian law, and to cease the policy of settlement construction and expansion, of designating land for exclusive Israeli use and of denying Palestinian development.”

“The EU missions in Jerusalem and Ramallah call on the Government of Israel to return the confiscated equipment and structures,” it added.

Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah also condemned the demolitions explaining that the IDF had already confiscated equipment used to structures and arrested several humanitarian workers.

“Denying the community’s children their right to education, not to mention other fundamental rights, is a deliberate policy of the Israeli authorities to pressure Palestinian communities to leave, in order to confiscate their land and build additional settlements.,” Hamdallah said.

On August 9, the Israeli Civil Administration confiscated solar panels used to power a kindergarten and primary school in the nearby Bedouin community of Abu Nawwar, he said.

Such actions are against international law, Hamdallah said. He called on the United Nations to force Israel to halt such activity.

According to the UN Israel has demolished 192 illegal Palestinian and Beduin structures in Area C of the West Bank this year. Last year it took down 875 such structures, many of which were modular.

Watch out for the antisemites, though :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Visitor

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2017, 03:09:48 PM »
It is such a shame nobody much is interested in Palestine/Israel except to shout "antisemite" at those who are.
Especially when it is exposed that they simply parrot the propaganda provided for them, even when they actually disagree with it. V8, that is you. :ROFL: As to Tequila he seems to think , from another thread on the topic

Like Israel Palestine could make unilateral decisions for example like declaring it's borders and drawing them on a map.  But as we know this will never happen as they want to get rid of Israel.

Where does one begin with this level of ignorance?
Israel has not declared its borders for starters........... :ROFL:

Make it up as you go along, why dontcha?

Visitor

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2017, 03:17:57 PM »
If one was following events in Israel one would be highly amused.

Netanyahu Jr is making a name for himself.

He thinks Black Lives Matter are the real enemy AND NOT THE OPENLY ANTISEMITIC Alt Right Spencer and friends, for example.

So, sometimes the openly antisemitic get a free pass, if it suits. :ROFL:

(Trump is super popular in Israel, apparently)

Tactics and strategy play the major roles in who gets called out as an antisemite.

Did you not know this?

Two British Jewish Organisations have publicly fallen out over the extent of antisemitism here. Anyone followed that?

So much happening in Israel, currently.............anyone following any of it?

Visitor

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2017, 03:23:37 PM »

tequila_nic

« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2017, 07:33:28 PM »
Abdel Bari Atwan and the Palestine Solidarity Campaign

http://hurryupharry.org/2017/09/10/abdel-bari-atwan-and-the-palestine-solidarity-campaign/

It's a sad read and the hate is palpable.

'During a question and answer session, Ben Grabiner, LSE’s antiracism officer, spoke about the LSE’s antisemitism policy: “Antisemitism includes but is not limited to accusation of Jewish control of the world, government, media as well as blaming Jews as a collective for imagined or real atrocities.

“This evening, Mr Atwan, you’ve pointed at Jewish students and said: ‘You’ve bombed Gaza’. You’ve used the term Jewish and Zionist lobby interchangeably, that is also antisemitic, and you’ve published pictures of the star of David interspersed with Nazi propaganda.”

In response, a female member of the audience shouted at Mr Grabiner: “You are a Nazi!” '

Some will attack the source but it is well documented.

Nic

Visitor

« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2017, 03:51:53 PM »
Abdel Bari Atwan and the Palestine Solidarity Campaign

http://hurryupharry.org/2017/09/10/abdel-bari-atwan-and-the-palestine-solidarity-campaign/

It's a sad read and the hate is palpable.

What is really depressing is that you swallow this junk uncritically and spread it.

The link begins

The self-styled Palestine Solidarity Campaign (PSC) is actually a hate campaign. 

It is nothing of the kind.

That you just uncritically believe this is telling. Why don't you investigate for yourself and find out instead of just being this daft parrot?

Next we are told this about Bari Atwan

In particular, proponents of the most extreme violence are very welcome at its events. Come speak to us!

The latest is the journalist Abdel Bari Atwan. He will speak at a PSC event in Brighton on 14 September. Note how the PSC advertise the meeting:

He has also said ’Palestinians tried the “peace process”…now we should go back to square one, which means resistance’

Blimey! Is he to be condemned out of hand for that? And PSC too?

Habibi.......working for upharry'sarse...then tells us how Bari Atwan would be happy if Iranian bombs rained down on Israel..........you'd have thought this thought might be natural for someone born in Gaza and I expect but have not checked the interview was during one of the regular Israeli bombardments on Gaza..........

Did you take any of this into account?

Next PSC is condemned for meeting with Hamas...........

No need for any thought on that.....anybody meeting with Hamas on any occasion is damned....stands to reason..... no enquiry required.......

Next Corbyn gets it I think........

Paragraphs of demonization........all taken for objective reasonable comment by Tequila of course....

So very depressing........ time after time Tequila takes this site as his views.........as his own rational appraisal and source of knowledge....

NO ENQUIRY INTO WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE AND WHY THEY SPREAD THIS....

Bari Atwan is a longstanding and knowledgeable commentator on the Middle East....if you look him up he has dozens of recent articles about current events there....he is going to talk to at most 100 people in Brighton....but we get this level of attack on him and PSC and anyone else who goes in for this 'hate' also known as not swallowing all the pro Israeli propaganda.....

Eventually this demonization will be seen for what it is...... surely?........

NOT VERY LONG AGO ALMOST EVERYONE WAS MUCH LIKE TEQUILA IN HIS GULLIBILITY AND LACK OF CRITICAL FUNCTIONS.

now not so much :ROFL: :ROFL:

Even the British Government Officials in Israel are sending messages back to London super critical about Israel's treatment of Palestinians...........a freedom of information enquiry provided that info

ho hum

tequila_nic

« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2017, 04:00:08 PM »
As I said some will simply attack the source.

Nic

Visitor

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2017, 04:28:21 PM »
As I said some will simply attack the source.

:ROFL:
I was disputing the accuracy of the information and wondering why you are so uncritical, ill informed and such a dull parrot of a child.

As to the source..... well as I keep telling you look up who is it? David Taube? is that him? is he the guy behind it all? What is his beef exactly? :ROFL:

You boast about how you know where all the meat you eat comes from but are this indifferent to all the crap you are feeding your mind and the source of that :nooo:

Don't fret, you are super confident you know what you are talking about and that is all that matters. PMSL
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:33:32 PM by Visitor »