Author Topic: Scientist s prove what we already knew  (Read 815 times)

whitesage

Re: Scientist s prove what we already knew
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2017, 11:22:01 PM »
There's rules here?

Should I read them or just carry on as I am?

You'd never have guessed, would you.

Carry on as you are, baba :)

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2017, 01:41:32 AM »
You'd never have guessed, would you.

Carry on as you are, baba :)

So long as he doesn't keep on talking about bloody cricket.

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2017, 01:55:30 AM »
Am I on a sticky wicket if I do?

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2017, 02:04:07 AM »
Am I on a sticky wicket if I do?

Too much information please keep that sort of stuff for the hutch or to yourself,
I need to go for a blood test tomorrow and all this hilarity is not helping me to pass that particular exam
and I haven't even shared one picture of an aeroplane today at FB. :(

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2017, 02:08:21 AM »
The night is young.

By the way do you understand the physics of the air flows around a plane's wing that makes a fixed wing aircraft fly?

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2017, 02:21:33 AM »

The speed of the aeroplane can be assumed to be a constant but the speed of the air across the wing is not. A combination of the angle of the wing and the shape of it (flat underneath and curved above) mean that the planes constant speed forces the air above the wing to travel further and, therefore, faster relative to the wing's underside. This creates a relative vacuum or pressure differential above the wing and if you can go fast enough it will generate enough lift to make a plane fly.

Funnily enough exactly the same principle applies to a cricket ball. Angle the seam just right and bowl it fast enough (but not too fast - I'm getting technical now but don't worry about) and an air pressure differential is created on either side of the ball relative to direction of travel and the ball will deviate from the true through the air to create that which is known as "swing bowling".

Good, eh?

Natural Mystic

• hello
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2017, 08:35:28 AM »
Its shit, but that's people and cliques, and friendship circles all over.

If I am honest, the past couple of years, I have found facebook and some forums a kind of friend ship substitute because in real life, a number of "friends" (more drinking buddies and similar) kind of disappeared as they were not sure what to do or say around my wife and her cancer.

I am not angry at them, I get that people find things like this upsetting and feel guilty because they find it upsetting.
Only problem really was in some circles, my enemies creeped in in my absence and now make people "feel awkward".

It does filter out who is worth a damn and who is not however. Not that I am saying it is worth someone close to you suffering cancer to find out who your friends are!

Anyway, point is, people can be fickle and shit, because they are concerned about their own popularity when it comes to these things.
Don't feel to bad about not fitting in somewhere. There will be somewhere else you can fit in. Or things can change.

If I am honest Guz, I doubt we will ever be any kind of real online friends, but you are familiar to me and I have to say I don't find you as objectionable as I once did.
A truthful and heart warming post

Natural Mystic

• hello
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2017, 08:36:02 AM »
Welcome back, NM, it's good to see you.

Liz
Hi Liz, I hope you are well my lovely xx

Guzman

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2017, 02:24:58 PM »
Im really sorry to hear about your wife Sven, i honestly am.

Ive gone more the opposite direction than you, i am less involved in the internet life than i use to be but more involved in my real life.   Im not going to go into detail, but in 2011 i was going through problems and i was suffering depression and insomnia often.  This caused me to stay away from the internet alot, but some good did come out of it strangely enough.   It made me realise just how over involved and attatched i was in the internet world.   You need something like this to take you away from the internet for a long time for you to see and notice your own faults on it.   Things i did in the past i cringe over now and think "why did i use to do this?", "why did i take so much to heart?", "why did i take it more seriously than i needed to?", and this does include things i did on chavscum, here and leelad ect.

I'll confess, i was too attatched to chavscum back in 2005 and 2006, thats what made me take up arms against the leelad crew with the huge zeal that i did before the second banning cull happend.  I cant believe i made that stalemate site where i tried to character assasinate people from leelad but try to remain annoymous about it.   2017 me would say to 2006 me "Rob....dont do this!!!, you cant claim a higher moral ground over people but then go and copy the very thing their doing that your attacking them over....it doesnt work".

One reason i aint as objectionable as i use to be is mainly because i care less about winning arguments over people on the internet.  I dont make it a mission anymore like i use to, and i can happily just walk away from it and not feel a need to have to win.   I did exactly that in this thread http://randombanter.net/index.php?topic=9870.msg264446#msg264446   , the old me would of kept arguing and arguing and arguing.  But i realised that by continuing to make replies in it, i would of been being like a man that kept throwing logs onto a camp fire but expecting the fire to go out.

Ive also learnt over the years that to go onto the internet and constantly expect fair play all the time out of every individual you encounter or every social site you encounter, is a very very misplacement of faith.   You will meet some reasonable and fair people yes, some couples even met each other on the internet, but you will also meet alot of people that are fickle, self centred, selfish, questionable sanity, full of social issues ect ect.  Ive definently learnt over the years just how anal so many people on the internet will get, just by mere expressions of opinions from others.   I find it very pathetic at times to be honest.  This is why im more reserved with my views and opinions than i use to be.

We probably wont ever be friends i agree, i think we are too unlike minded.  But i did burry the hatchet in the end with Nemi, and kind of did with Curls, around 2010.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:24:14 PM by Guzman »

captainfly

• is fantastic!!!
  • HEY HO, LET'S GO!
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2017, 12:35:48 PM »

Chewie is the only one I can think of who has been posting in the last two years, aside from me, who knew who Hermes scarfe is and what happened between you and her.

I was not "bringing him into this", it's not like I am claiming anything about him other than he probably remembered her, but is dead. Unlike the people who are still alive but never knew her!

Forgotten about in my own thread.
To be fair I forgot I had started it :ROFL:

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2017, 12:39:50 PM »
Forgotten about in my own thread.
To be fair I forgot I had started it :ROFL:

Were you on Chavscum? What is a Hermes Scarfe then?! :P

captainfly

• is fantastic!!!
  • HEY HO, LET'S GO!
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2017, 01:03:55 PM »
Were you on Chavscum? What is a Hermes Scarfe then?! :P

Hermes was a poster on CS and maybe even when it changed to spazmonkey for a time.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2017, 01:06:47 PM »
Hermes was a poster on CS and maybe even when it changed to spazmonkey for a time.

Pah, even ROTM could figure that out from the context!

More detail is needed! :P What was him/her/it? Sex and profession, or occupation!

captainfly

• is fantastic!!!
  • HEY HO, LET'S GO!
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2017, 05:33:15 PM »
Pah, even ROTM could figure that out from the context!

More detail is needed! :P What was him/her/it? Sex and profession, or occupation!

I can't remember exactly but there was mention of her being on a houseboat in amsterdam.

It was Curls who brought me here via Curlsworld :ROFL:

Visitor

• Banned from posting for my post 44. Bizarre.
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2017, 12:36:10 PM »

People Who Constantly Point Out Grammar Mistakes Are Pretty Much Jerks, Scientists Find

This is another of the many examples of an incorrect statement and headline from an article that the gullible take seriously and believe; it is actually a serious problem because in this case, the gullible believe that Science is backing them up when the truth is the Science does nothing of the sort.

What is actually happening is a prejudice is being stoked and the gullible  are having their prejudice confirmed using Science as a prop.

Trouble is the Science does not say what they claim it says.

So here, an article purporting to be scientific, re-circulated again and again.......( the original research and article were two years before this current outing for the nonsense)...gets around but is not confronted for its truly shoddy content and distortions.

Serious problems huh? :ROFL:

Science is really dreadfully badly reported; some Scientists refuse to talk about their work publicly because they know it will not be reported accurately. So many reports of Science are written by the clueless; the clueless suck it all up.

And then the clueless think cluelessly that the Science is on their side. :ROFL:

Now to the task of exposing just how shit this article is.

http://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-constantly-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-are-kinda-jerks-scientists-find

Hold the abuse.