Author Topic: Scientist s prove what we already knew  (Read 814 times)

captainfly

• is fantastic!!!
  • HEY HO, LET'S GO!
Scientist s prove what we already knew
« on: June 12, 2017, 11:33:58 AM »
Just putting it out there

http://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-constantly-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-are-kinda-jerks-scientists-find

We all know people like this online and we were right about the kind of people they are.

Je

Re: Scientist s prove what we already knew
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 11:56:32 AM »
The problem is often the manner in which they point out mistakes. If they do it in a non-put-down non-abusive way they can be most helpful sometimes.

tequila_nic

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 12:08:11 PM »
Just putting it out there

http://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-constantly-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-are-kinda-jerks-scientists-find

We all know people like this online and we were right about the kind of people they are.

Yep

as a dyslexia suffer who relies heavily upon spell check (and even then I don't always get it right)  those who do this to me knowing this is the case and worse even questioning my intelligence because of it are 'kinda jerks'.

Nic

whitesage

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 02:01:31 PM »
Yep

as a dyslexia suffer who relies heavily upon spell check (and even then I don't always get it right)  those who do this to me knowing this is the case and worse even questioning my intelligence because of it are 'kinda jerks'.

Nic

Your dyslexia (spelling) has nothing whatsoever to do with your intelligence.....or lack of it.

Does dyslexia also stop you using comma's?

tequila_nic

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 02:14:56 PM »
Your dyslexia (spelling) has nothing whatsoever to do with your intelligence.....or lack of it.

Thanks for proving the point

People Who Constantly Point Out Grammar Mistakes Are Pretty Much Jerks, Scientists Find

Nic

whitesage

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »
Thanks for proving the point

People Who Constantly Point Out Grammar Mistakes Are Pretty Much Jerks, Scientists Find

Nic

How did what I said, 'prove the point'? I pointed out that your dyslexia (spelling) has nothing to do with your, or anyone's intelligence. Just that you lack intelligence.

The other question was a serious one. Does dyslexia (i'll put it another way) affect things like commas?

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 03:50:51 PM »

If I am a bully for pointing out that PFF is a retarded mutant and that Visitor is a whiny fuck hole, then surely you are bullying Nic for being dyslexic?

If you object to me being nasty to those people for their attitude and demeanour, and claim I should just attack their views, rather than the posters themselves, then surely you should take your own advice where nic is concerned?

whitesage

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 04:09:58 PM »
If I am a bully for pointing out that PFF is a retarded mutant and that Visitor is a whiny fuck hole, then surely you are bullying Nic for being dyslexic?

If you object to me being nasty to those people for their attitude and demeanour, and claim I should just attack their views, rather than the posters themselves, then surely you should take your own advice where nic is concerned?

If you stop, then so will I. Otherwise, fuck off.

Just to add that I don't 'bully' Nic because he is dyslexic, I attack his posts because they are, more often than not, full of vile, hatred against all muslims. I hate all Islamaphobes, as much as I hate all anti-semites, racists, homophobes and etc. You have even admitted, and told him so in a thread, that he 'comes across' as an Islamaphobe. He comes across as one, because he is one.

Shame he is married, as he would propose to you......for defending him again.  :ROFL:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:16:39 PM by whitesage »

tequila_nic

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 04:25:41 PM »
I attack his posts because they are, more often than not, full of vile, hatred against all muslims.

You attack personally time and time again.

It is you who wants to make everything about Muslims where I am concerned (this thread is a case in point) and time and time again you have been shown you are wrong (Christ you even have to make up your own definition of Islamophobia to prove a point whilst willfully ignoring your chums antisemitism as he's on 'your side' or you are 'on his' who knows and I don't really care) but to claim you hate the things you list is bollox and you know it. as do we all

But like most trolls you hide behind a keyboard and when the chips are down you run away.

I've dealt with people like you before Liz and it's usually when I'm having them removed from my team (not that you'd ever make it there in the first place other than to perhaps serve us coffee)

See Liz another thread where you have to get personal and drag the forum down just a little bit more

and just in case a have a few ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fill these in where you like.   

But easier to say to you 'fuck off.'

Nic

whitesage

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 12:12:23 AM »
You attack personally time and time again.

It is you who wants to make everything about Muslims where I am concerned (this thread is a case in point) and time and time again you have been shown you are wrong (Christ you even have to make up your own definition of Islamophobia to prove a point whilst willfully ignoring your chums antisemitism as he's on 'your side' or you are 'on his' who knows and I don't really care) but to claim you hate the things you list is bollox and you know it. as do we all

But like most trolls you hide behind a keyboard and when the chips are down you run away.

I've dealt with people like you before Liz and it's usually when I'm having them removed from my team (not that you'd ever make it there in the first place other than to perhaps serve us coffee)

See Liz another thread where you have to get personal and drag the forum down just a little bit more

and just in case a have a few ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fill these in where you like.   

But easier to say to you 'fuck off.'

Nic

It's a forum, grow some balls or stay away.

It was not me who derailed the thread, that was sven. So get your facts right before accusing others. Thicko.

Yes, perhaps I should not have replied to him, but you know me, can't help myself when it comes to showing you up for the Islamaphobe you are.

But I can get back on topic, if you like. So, does your dyslexia affect your use of commas?

whitesage

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 12:14:28 AM »
as do we all

Are you speaking for every poster here?

Edited to add: I don't run away, I do have a life, family and friends and rarely come here, or anywhere on the internet, for the past couple of years or so.

I have stayed and proved you to be a liar, on 3 occasions, actually.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:22:46 AM by whitesage »

whitesage

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 12:17:08 AM »

Nic

You really think you are a big shot boss  :ROFL:
I hate bragging, I really do, but..........no, I won't, because I have respect for other posters here.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 12:20:51 AM »
It's a forum, grow some balls or stay away.

It was not me who derailed the thread, that was sven. So get your facts right before accusing others. Thicko.

Yes, perhaps I should not have replied to him, but you know me, can't help myself when it comes to showing you up for the Islamaphobe you are.

But I can get back on topic, if you like. So, does your dyslexia affect your use of commas?

And that is not bullying?

Dyslexia, and in his case, affects ability to express with the written word.

He may have some issues with the correct use of commas, yes.

However, a competent reader, fay with grammar, should be able to re read and correct the punctuation mistakes in their own head.

I am not saying, of course, that he or anyone else with these kinds of issues should be completely excused.
However, when it is clear that they are dyslexic, the reader should give them allowance, rather than call them thick.

I hate bragging, I really do, but..........no, I won't, because I have respect for other posters here.

What are you going to say? You can say it to me.

I don't get upset! :P Plus, who am I to give anyone shit for bragging?

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 12:26:46 AM »

I see you have adopted your dearests tendency to  :ROFL:

Not the woman I knew. :(

Q13.1

• RAF Upper Heyford
    • Me
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 12:28:37 AM »
Are you speaking for every poster here?

Edited to add: I don't run away, I do have a life, family and friends and rarely come here, or anywhere on the internet, for the past couple of years or so.

I have stayed and proved you to be a liar, on 3 occasions, actually.

You do run away Liz, admit it you post then log off as quick as you can and view from the sidelines.