Author Topic: Mad Men series 4  (Read 1791 times)

wotan

Mad Men series 4
« on: August 01, 2010, 10:26:17 PM »
Is this shown in the UK?   Series 4, ep 1, started last Sunday. A slow start hope it gets better.

Also 'Rubicon' starts tonight.

alexander orlov

Re: Mad Men series 4
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 01:09:56 AM »
Is this shown in the UK?   Series 4, ep 1, started last Sunday. A slow start hope it gets better.

Also 'Rubicon' starts tonight.

Ohh Wotan watch out for a young lad in this, the mail clerk guy, name of Taylor Huffman.  His mum is a good friend of mine and he's the nicest unassuming young man you could meet despite having gained some success in his acting career.

TheSingularity

• A Misanthropical Breed
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:18:05 AM »
Even though this has many recommendations and the greatest living woman (with government approval) I still can't get into it.

Empiricist Reborn

• Will work for large amounts of money.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 06:51:13 PM »
The women have pointed breasts.

wotan

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
The women have pointed breasts.

Yeah right.

beecher

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 09:34:53 AM »
I like Mad Men though it can be very slow, and the characters are all very unlikeable (other than Sally Draper who I wish would be adopted by some other family). I think there's more than a little snobbery attached to the show - like The Wire and West Wing I suspect many people claim to like it as they think they'd look stupid if they admitted they dislike it.

alexander orlov

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 11:17:18 AM »
I like Mad Men though it can be very slow, and the characters are all very unlikeable (other than Sally Draper who I wish would be adopted by some other family). I think there's more than a little snobbery attached to the show - like The Wire and West Wing I suspect many people claim to like it as they think they'd look stupid if they admitted they dislike it.

I think many people claim to have liked the West Wing because it was awesome and American TV  ( shocking awful for the most part as it is) is much the poorer without it.

Empiricist Reborn

• Will work for large amounts of money.
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »
Yeah right.

In the show they do. Outside they don't. Confusing. Do they have replaceable boobs?

:o

wotan

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »

More likely some snobby Brits that would never admit to liking anything American.

beecher

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 08:44:39 PM »
In the show they do. Outside they don't. Confusing. Do they have replaceable boobs?

:o

Bullet bras - they look as if they'd take an eye out.